Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 16 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast

Thread: Any reparations?

Recruit
    World
    Zeus
    Wow, OK, that was a total waste of 10 minutes of my life reading the responses.

However, I should state that in the last 24 hours before downtime I had won a black castle, a white castle, one of those cool triumphant archways, and all kinds of other cool stuff. Totally. And I might get my knickers all in a bunch if I don't get that plus more. ( just in case being a squeaky wheel works... )

Anyway, good luck and good night.

World
    Zeus
    No one should have announced or recommended there should be a rollback. Period.

Quote Originally Posted by Falconwolf View Post
    That's not perspective that's wearing blinders...your point of view and only your point of view is valid and everyone else MUST believe as you do.
    Let's part company with some more seething self righteousness... I ask nobody to accept my point of view. I point out how things work. Evaluate the following statement: People get over-involved with their internet connections to the detriment of other interests.

Did you answer 1. True? 2. False? or 3. Wow, you have blinders and are full of self righteousness. If you answered 1, you win. But you win nothing. This is the internet, remember?

Quote Originally Posted by Falconwolf View Post
    By the way, you did attack me, you said I needed medication and therapy. That is a personal attack which the mods do not like. I however have not attacked you personally, I have only argued your lack of points and your lack of arguments
    I said that medication and therapy would be a way to make this "game" seem more real. If you infer I think YOU need medication and therapy, you mistake the intent. My apologies.

That said...

The point of psychotherapy isn't to tell you what you need to do, it's to get you to realize, maybe not today, maybe not tomorrow, that YOU know what the problem is and YOU have the ability to solve it.

So Answer 1, 2 or 3. It matters little. But I promise you that maybe not today, maybe not tomorrow, but someday, if you continue to "ignore" how this tool you are using (the internet and really all communication) works, then you (and again, this is the ambiguous second person you, not YOU)... might accidentally marry someone in prison...

did you (as in YOU) have to google Stupa? (oops, too self righteous?) ... just curious. Enjoy the "game" and be well.

Soldier
    The idea of a rollback has totally off put alot of people... specially those who spend real money to buy gems YOU HEAR THAT UBISOFT real money I will encourage other not to spend money on this game if my gems are not where they should be . <period

Soldier
    Quote Originally Posted by TheSource View Post
    The idea of a rollback has totally off put alot of people... specially those who spend real money to buy gems YOU HEAR THAT UBISOFT real money I will encourage other not to spend money on this game if my gems are not where they should be . <period
    Also to never buy any UBISOFT or BlueByte product again!

Soldier
    World
    Zeus
    Quote Originally Posted by BlazeTech View Post
    Well this might be it for me with this game. No PVP still and now this! I was semi-quit from the game but I still logged on when I could. I am tired of waiting for PVP, tired of annoying bugs and now a "rollback". A "rollback" could mean anything and clearly Ubisoft is not elaborating on this action. Rollback to what point in the game??? Rollback to when I was level 23, 33, 43? When? Rollback to a point in the game when I used 20k granite to upgrade to lvl 5s? Utter nonsense to say the least. I want a refund from all of my money spent on gems since I started playing.....call it a "rollback refund"!

When I am a dissatisfied consumer, I simply stop buying that product and switch to another. When I receive poor customer service, I simply switch to another company providing better customer service. This is unacceptable...time to switch.
    At this point( this is the second time they dropped the ball like this...) I have to agree a "refund rollback" from them would be ideal...hell..Ill apologize to them profusely as they return my money...and, if fixing these issues is going to be done like the PvP theyve dangled in front of us for...over a year?...well..it will happen again then, like it happened in the past. The blame will be put down as "so in sos cookies in his comp caused everyones net to fail" or something as totally absurd! Last time they "claimed" to have fixed the issues, it hadnt let a single player who was locked out return...I know, cause, I was one of them. Bottom line...its not a new issue, its the exact same one! And...it was never fixed the first time, so, really...I dont expect it will be this time either. I will give them the benefit of the doubt though...they said tomorrow it will be fixed...if its not fixed tomorrow though, I am more then likely done with this lousy app, and, probably ubisoft as well. Enoughs enough! Every one here BUT the devs have done their part to make this game a success...time to realize, the players are the only ones who matter in this equation...without us, you got nothing but a bunch of useless codes...

World
    Zeus
    Quote Originally Posted by GFM2012 View Post
    girl you got ISSUES
    lmao

Settler
    World
    Zeus
    Quote Originally Posted by JonMnemonic View Post
    Let's part company with some more seething self righteousness...
    At least you can be honest some times

I ask nobody to accept my point of view.
    but you are. Why else tell everyone that "it's just a game" and they need to have perspective? You are trying to tell everyone else what to think and believe and what they should care about. Look at your exact words...

This game is... something to pass the time. Some of you "chat" with "friends" and pass more time. Some of you have done what people have done on the internet for almost 20 years and with pen and paper for 100+ years before that... you have made connections with people and things that seem more real than they are because you WANT them to be that way... period. End of story. Have some perspective. This really IS just an internet game... nobody is dying here. Nobody got shot, hurt, or had to have chemo-therapy to get here.... R.E.L.A.X.
    That is exactly telling others what they should think and believe.

I point out how things work.
    No, you point out how you see things...again, that's the a big part of the point I've been making all along, but it seems to keep going right over your head, either intentionally or unintentionally.

Evaluate the following statement: People get over-involved with their internet connections to the detriment of other interests.

Did you answer 1. True? 2. False? or 3. Wow, you have blinders and are full of self righteousness. If you answered 1, you win. But you win nothing. This is the internet, remember?
    And once again you ignore what I am saying, because this is you again trying to force your "value systems" onto everyone else. What makes your "value system" better than everyone elses?

The point of psychotherapy isn't to tell you what you need to do, it's to get you to realize, maybe not today, maybe not tomorrow, that YOU know what the problem is and YOU have the ability to solve it.
    Mmmmm, no. That may come into "some" psychotherapy but to say the point of psychotherapy is what you just said (and implying that's all it is) tells me you really don't know what you are talking about.

So Answer 1, 2 or 3. It matters little. But I promise you that maybe not today, maybe not tomorrow, but someday, if you continue to "ignore" how this tool you are using (the internet and really all communication) works, then you (and again, this is the ambiguous second person you, not YOU)... might accidentally marry someone in prison...

did you have to google Stupa? (oops, too self righteous?) ... just curious. Enjoy the "game" and be well.
    So if someone had to google Stupa what does that mean to YOU? Or do you expect everyone to know everything? I mean from that question ("did you have to google Stupa?") I can assume that you know absolutely everything right?

It's funny you telling me what the point of psychotherapy is, but I won't tell you why, and I bet it's not what you think. And the point of asking you about Google was to point out the use and value of a tool, versus the fact it is just that... a tool. You gained nothing but a piece of information if you did. The fact you think it was a judgement on education or intelligence only occurs to me when you point it out. But I guess nothing I say has a single intent.

So if the mod does delete all these posts, will you be upset? and why?

Again, I wish you wellness and to enjoy this or any other game you play. We all deserve happiness, and perspective. Thank you for your time.

Soldier
    World
    Zeus
    This is just a game.

Let's evaluate this.

Webster's defines a game as such:
    a competitive activity involving skill, chance, or endurance on the part of two or more persons who play according to a set of rules, usually for their own amusement or for that of spectators.

That sounds about right for TSO. After all, running adventures requires some skill, and a little chance... and you certainly need endurance to keep frickin' playing all day every day. And certainly more than two people play, and yes, we all play according to a set of rules and *GASP* Wait! What's that word? AMUSEMENT Man, that's a pesky word, isn't it? Well let's look that one up to, just to be safe.

amusement:
    anything that amuses; pastime; entertainment.

Wait.. there's yet another word! entertainment! I could keep going but i hope you get the basic idea and i'll move on to more pressing issues.

The fact is that this is, yes, a game. You can't argue that. This is not real life. This is not your job. You are not being paid to work on your island. In face it's quite the opposite, you're paying for the privilege to play on their servers. And let's be clear on that one. go ahead and flip over to the TOS and the EULA. I know.. i know.. nobody likes reading these things. But your island isn't YOURS. It's BB's. All that hard work? Doesn't mean squat. You could be banned tomorrow and your entire island gone in a flash. You could be accidentally deleted. There's a whole list of things that could potentially happen and in no way, shape, or form is BB held liable to do jack diddly squat about it.

Do they lose you as a customer? Sure they do. Do they care? Probably not. with over 1.5 Million players worldwide, a few thousand leaving Zeus isn't going to impress them much. It's all about perspective. You *think* you are far more important to blue byte's well being than you really are. You are but one user of millions. And with MT games (microtransaction)... the odds are in their favor that more people buy gems than dont, so them missing out on your $20/month isn't going to cripple them.

Lastly is the more pressing issue that underlies everything else in the "It's just a game" argument:

And there's no lol's or smiley faces here, i'm serious. Internet addiction is a serious thing. And if you're getting this worked up over the loss of however much data gets rolled back and however much time you were unable to play the game...you may need some form of therapy because you may have a serious disorder. See... normal people, and i'm not counting myself as entirely normal, but merely stating another point of view... they tend to view games as games. they don't get mad when they lose at UNO. They don't get upset because the playstation network went down again. They don't get mad when TSO goes down. They don't get mad when they get chat-banned for an hour. And in a lot of cases, they probably wouldn't get mad if they get straight out banned. they'd just shrug their shoulders and move on to a different game of the month.

Do I buy gems? Yes i do. Would i be upset if i lost them? Probably not. I tend to buy what i need, and use them all up. so if anything a rollback might actually GIVE me more gems than i had.

Do i enjoy playing TSO? As anyone who goes into Help can attest to, i play 5-6 hours a day, and try to play every day, but i have a real life outside of TSO that kicks in sometimes. In short, i play TSO as much as some people work for a living. And yet, i'm not razzed that the servers are down like some of you butthurt folks are.

Am I okay with a rollback? Not really okay with it. I hate to think of how far back they have to go and how much work i've got to do to get back to where i was before the servers crashed. But you know what the kicker is? That actually makes it okay, because it gives me something to strive for. It really gets boring running the same dozen adventures over and over, training more troops to run the same dozen adventures over and over, rebuildings fields wells and copper mines, rebuilding fields, wells and copper mines.

But knowing that I had [x] gold or had just gotten [items]... i've got something to look forward to.

If anyone has blinders and believes t heir point of view is the only right one, i'd like to hand you a mirror Falconwolf, and let you re-read all your posts in this thread and see them for the ramblings of someone who is wearing the largest blinders of them all. Anyone who agrees with your point of view you're quick to praise and laugh it up, but anyone who disagrees with you is somehow narrowminded and "just spouting the meme"...

When you think everyone else is the problem, and everyone else thinks it's you, odds are it's you.

Reply to Thread