Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast

Thread: Any reparations?

I really do understand your frustrations, guys, but let's not take it out on each other, okay? Please be polite!
    BB_meesherbeans
    Community Manager
    Follow us on Twitter | Like us on Facebook | Contact support

lol i still have a better island than you ;p still lvl 4 mostly but was that way back in january lol i had a better island than you do now before you even knew about the game ;p and if i am not mistaken i do not taste sour. atleast noone has ever told me that ;p
    They like the dirt that's on my knees, the way I still say please while they'are looking down at me. I am their favorite dam disease.

Recruit
    World
    Zeus
    Hope some restitution

Soldier
    World
    Zeus
    Me last night: "Yay! I finally got a White Castle, AND my Explorer decided to bypass the map fragment dump of which he is so fond to fetch something that is actually useful...NORDS! Everything is finally looking up for the ol' Scouse!"

Me today (after learning of the roll back): "...F**k."

Oh well. At least I don't spend money on this game. I only spend time - a LOT of time. No worries, though - I will just roll back my life and get all of that time back.
    ...Oh, wait...I can't do that seeing as how I lack a flux capacitor, a Delorean, and a mad scientist as a best friend.

Looking forward to Ubisoft showing me exactly how much they think my time is worth. Ten gems and an apology should do it.

Wow...to think of all I can do with 10 gems and an apology! I might just be able to buy the Delorean, the flux capacitor, and time off from work to begin the task of searching for and befriending a mad scientist. Then, I will be able to roll back my life and NOT waste my time playing this game.

Sincerely,
    Scouser

was that directed at me corbeanu? cuz i am in the 40's for lvl and imo you havent really played the game if you arent yet lvl 35 or if you joined the game later than say febuary 2012 and are lvl 50. gemming to lvl 50 is not the way to play a game imo so sad so so sad. gatta be the best!!!!!! so i will pay gratuitious ammounts of money to be the best!!!!! i could do the same. i make $5500 a month dancing. i could have been the first lvl 50 if i wanted to but it is like i said a game.
    They like the dirt that's on my knees, the way I still say please while they'are looking down at me. I am their favorite dam disease.

Recruit
    Ninjet i didn' say you tasted sour at all and i could really care less how pretty your island is nor how ugly mine might be. What i do care about is that is functions the way i choose for it to, which it pretty much does. There are no flower or usless buildings used on my island and i feel that by BB allowing the presence of these buildings only lower the class of the game to something that could compare with Farmville.

Recruit
    Quote Originally Posted by Ninjet View Post
    was that directed at me corbeanu? cuz i am in the 40's for lvl and imo you havent really played the game if you arent yet lvl 35 or if you joined the game later than say febuary 2012 and are lvl 50
    *sits back and wonders how he hasn't really played the game when he joined in late april and will be level 50 sometime soon only having spent 20$ total since he started*

World
    Zeus
    Everyone calm down. They are trying to fix it. It WILL be okay!
    xoxo, mandypandy =P

hmmm never played farmville. this is actually my very first game i have played on a computer except for age of empires back when i was like 13. i am maxed at 335 building licences and all avalable space is take up by something yes i have a pretty sec 1 but the rest is all production and it isnt all coinages. a balanced island is the hardest thing to come by on here and only people who ACTUALLY play the game can get it. i could buy a crap ton of gems and run 150 coinages and be lvl 50 in a week sure...but why. for 1 it ruins the market value for people who chose to play the game the way it is ment to be played, 2 i dont find it fun to have to do 800 trades per day and 3 what does it accomplish besides saying haha i make 15k gc a day but have to pay for what you make daily and you dont spend money but i do to get the same result. islands like that have demoted the game to what i hear Evony is like. garbage. i play because i know i am smart enough to do it with out using alot of money, refined enough to have something pretty, and have done the math on production value. tis why i dont sell much of anything cuz it isnt worth selling it because of what islands like yours have done to the game. im done. please dont reply shondo i could care less what you have to say lol have fun. see you ingame and hopefully when pvp starts.

Settler
    World
    Zeus
    Well I certainly understand the need to fix things for those people that haven't been able to log on in days and those that lost a lot of stuff, but it seems by doing a rollback you end up hurting a lot of other people to try and fix what happened to others...hurting people to help others is never a good idea (and in this case it seems just about everyone will be hurt in some way by the rollback), now if there are really no alternatives to help those people then I can put up with it, but here is what I am losing (yes, it's not nearly as much as some people will lose due to the rollback, or as much as others have already lost before the rollback)...

One hour before the server was taking down I killed Mary to clear my island, and I hit level 32 in the process. One of my explorers just found my first full adventure (instead of just map frags). I was now going to start preparing for the Halloween event by trying to acquire the 150 granite and the 375 EWP I would need for the pumpkin fields (I already have the other materials for the level 1 and 2 fields...or I did before the rollback), and this might have been possible on my own doing some adventures (or at least the 1 I have). Now having cleared my island and hitting level 32 I now qualify with the minimum requirements to join a guild I have been speaking with for some time now, they have been helping me out a lot over the past couple of weeks providing me needed resources to quickly clear my island and reach level 32 so I can join their guild.

So now how far back will I be? How many camps will I need to clear before I get to Mary again and how long will that take me? Will I now be able to be ready in time for the Halloween event? Maybe, but maybe not, and if I am not ready now it is not my fault. I would have been ready without the rollback.

So maybe I didn't lose as much as a lot of others but I am still going to be losing some stuff. Meesherbeans, do you have any idea what if any compensation we will be receiving? and if we have to put a ticket in for specific items (like some people losing a castle to a rollback, or like me losing an adventure I just acquired) we lost?

Reply to Thread