Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 12 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Hey guys, the server is down. Tell me what you REALLY think about the situation

World
    Zeus

Cool Hey guys, the server is down. Tell me what you REALLY think about the situation

The Zeus server is down. Rollback coming sometime soon(or not). Tell me what you think of the situation. How does this affect you? How much time do spend playing this game? Does life seem cold and devoid of purpose without this game up and running?

World
    Zeus
    I think it's stupid cause I was going to buy gems on Saturday and now this game isn't even up and working and I want to play and get to level 50 even though I'm still at a steady level 45 and talk to my guildies because I don't have all their numbers and the rollback is going to be a douche because I've been saving up for 50 lootmails as in getting lootspots or doing my own adventures and not accepted them all until I get 50 so I can get a star menu/storage surprise and I've accomplished 32/50 in the last WEEK. So if this roll back affects my loot mails, I will cry, and burn a field of puppies. No, they're too cute, I'll burn a field of cow manure because that smells and it's probably flammable, jeez.

My money probably won't be going to TSO anymore any time soon. Or ever again.

EDIT: The rollback should just apply to unfinished adventures that got finished during the duration of this, but at the same time, no one should even be doing an adventure ill-prepared. OH and lootspotters who got a lootspot from G-2 are going to get ANGRY. More angry than I. I think. Or hope. Omg. I better get a goodie bag.

Soldier
    I think they are going to find themselves go broke right quick because of this rollback its not a smart idea record the information of peoples active accounts because alot of people buy gems I have bought gems and was thinking of buying more but now I dont belive I should... I think id rather this company appologize and fix the problem right quick no more fake appologys either get it done and do it right or dont do it at all ~ Source

World
    Zeus
    Very frustrating. I've only got the European servers to play on now.

Settler
    World
    Zeus
    Quote Originally Posted by TheSource View Post
    I think they are going to find themselves go broke right quick because of this rollback its not a smart idea record the information of peoples active accounts because alot of people buy gems I have bought gems and was thinking of buying more but now I dont belive I should... I think id rather this company appologize and fix the problem right quick no more fake appologys either get it done and do it right or dont do it at all ~ Source
    It may not be a smart idea...and i certainly do not like the idea, but it may be the ONLY option they have. I have no idea what the problem is or what their resources are, but if the problem is severe enough a rollback may be an only option.

And if a rollback IS the only option then I hope the techies will come up with something in the future to prevent the need for a rollback in a similar situation.

World
    Zeus
    It is a complete Joke if you ask me, there is no time frame given the hole thing is so unprofessional, I have worked in I.T. for 17 years if I ever give any of my clients a server down for so long I would be out of work a long time ago, normally in International Companies they work to standards such as ITILL and SLA agreements but clearly this is too much for them, also I find it strange that The EU server is not having these problems maybe the Staff in EU who look after the EU server are better skilled that these USA Staff.. I guess that must be the case!!!!!!!

Perhaps time to find staff who can do there JOB!!!

Settler
    World
    Zeus
    Perhaps it's the hardware in North America that is just so completely horrible quality (look up "planned obsolescence") that some of the data got corrupted and/or lost and have to use back up data and rollback the servers to that back up data? This is just guess work but seems like a reasonable scenario to this non-techie

World
    Zeus
    Excitement builds for when the server is restored. When do you think that will be? If it isn't fixed on Friday we will have to wait until Monday.

World
    Zeus
    Quote Originally Posted by Emurock View Post
    Excitement builds for when the server is restored. When do you think that will be? If it isn't fixed on Friday we will have to wait until Monday.
    They better have their techies working the weekend and overtime. They can sure afford it.
    Great men are not born, they are made. Through blood, sweat, tears, trials and tribulations. Tests through both their victories and their defeats. They are shaped through their experiences. Portrayed by their moralities and judgements, be they for better or worse. They do what others wont to achieve what others cant. It is their dedication, commitment and ultimate success of their goals that separates a man from a great man.

I'm hardly excited for the realm to be back on. A better word would be impatient or irritated... BTW who ever said they even HAVE a US staff? I watched the youtube video and everyone who spoke english had terrible accents... I doubt they even have US tech's...

Reply to Thread