Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Stop complaining about the server being down.

World
    Zeus
    I had that IBM. use to play "Kings Quest" no server issues there lmao

Recruit
    World
    Zeus
    If we didn't complain, that means we don't care about this game.
    If we don't care any more, it means BB loses players, therefore money.

You don't see meth dealers giving out Rehab Centre's contact info.

Recruit
    World
    Zeus
    Quote Originally Posted by vandergoose View Post
    NICE BROWN NOSING NOVACK,what are you looking for a job here?Have a cookie.
    Nope, I do freelance work and love my job.

Recruit
    Anyone from THC on?

Soldier
    World
    Zeus

Recruit
    World
    Zeus
    I would think that 2 days of downtime must make it a serious issue. Its a free game, and as Novack said ... complaining about it here in the thread wont help them. Hang in there, it will be back up and running when the servers are replaced.

Oh and the real life game, with the outside expansion, classic ...
    Last edited by Hoolun; 10-05-12 at 03:05 pm. Reason: added extra

Recruit
    Quote Originally Posted by Hoolun View Post
    Its a free game, and as Novack said ... complaining about it here in the thread wont help them. Hang in there, it will be back up and running when the servers are replaced.

Oh and the real life game, with the outside expansion, classic ...
    Problem is most of people complaining have PAID to play the game. Which in that case I think they have a right to do so. They pay these people's salary. So saying it is free should not give them a pass. They make a nice profit off this game or they would not have it online.

2 days....lol. I am a network admin for a large company. We have back ups upon back ups for situations like these. I could have reloaded a whole server farm and pushed out all the backups in 3 to 4 hours tops. So unless their whole data center caught fire, I have a hard time believing they don't have a disaster recovery plan in place. Although I don't a whole lot about this company, I guess they could be running this out of someone’s garage.

Recruit
    World
    Zeus
    complain complain complain. Guess it wont be coming up Tonight or this weekend cuz they had suck a hard day staring at the wall. See you all on Monday

9:40am EST

Hello there, everyone. A quick update: I'm looking into getting some of the questions you all have put forth answered. Will update as soon as I know more!

I do love the updates we got today

Recruit
    World
    Zeus
    A few things that I been seeing on the forums. People that think they know computers are post their two cents. If you don't know it, don't post it. Their server setup could be more then one server for this game, which is more likely true. Some games and even websites use more then one server. For example, they could have a server setup for their SQL database, a server that runs the game, and a web server. Another post I seen on the forums is someone bragging how they can restart their server from any smart phone. Well good for you. Not everything can be fixed by simply pressing the restart button. When fixing any type of computer hardware or software, it's pretty much trial and error. They will have to figure out when is causing the problem, figure out how to fix it, and see if it works, if it doesn't, then they are back at the first step and will have to repeat till it works.

I do the same when working on computers and networks for some people that I still do work for. While I am doing that, I take notes to help me figure out what I did already. Once I find a fix that works, I compile my notes of working steps and keep them for future reference.

As stated before, rushing and complaining doesn't help. Sometimes it takes time. I am working on a laptop for on of my moms friends. Her screen on her laptop is busted. Yes, it's a simple fix, replace the screen, but here is the problem. I don't have a spare screen laying around that will work for that laptop. So I had to order a new screen. Yes, simple. The pain about it. She is rushing me to have it fixed in less then two days. But it will take some time for the screen to come in because of shipping and that can take a few days to a week.

Backing and restoring data isn't a simple process ether. We are not talking about the same back up and restore that you can do on your Windows PC or Mac where you are handling with a few gigabytes, 10, 20, or 80 gigabytes but more likely terabytes of data. Ubisoft deals with a lot of data. Backing it up and/restoring it is going to take a lot of time. On top of that, they don't do back ups everyday. Doing so will take up system resources, time, and money.

Recruit
    World
    Zeus
    Quote Originally Posted by mandydoll View Post
    BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!! Good one! I wonder how many dummies googled this "game"?? LOL!!!
    I was thinking the same thing!

Reply to Thread