Reply to Thread

Thread: ?

World
    Zeus

Question ?

i have read meeshabeans latest update... its all well and good that the financial side is secure and i'm very pleased to hear that paying customers are always first and foremost..................would kinda like to know whats going to be done about in game losses such as coins adventures buffs etc..... is all the work and time we sunk into some of those things going to just simply disappear?
    by all rights it would be impossible for them to go through everyone's account figure out what they lost and compensate them for it, but with a rollback implemented as well there will be great dissatisfaction for losses of resources, upgrades, adventures etc
    Just wondering if anyone felt the same........

Quote Originally Posted by royalpayne View Post
    by all rights it would be impossible for them to go through everyone's account figure out what they lost and compensate them for it,
    Absolutely untrue. I have played (and discussed similar problems with mods and people running mirror servers of some of the biggest and most popular MMO servers out there over the years [yea ha ha, and my best friend is Barack Obama...]) and, while it may be tedious, it's not impossible. In fact, there may be laws pertaining to how they track items that are "paid for"... so don't just give up and hold them un-accountable for these things. It's VERY doable, it just requires effort on their part.

That said, it appears the two college kids and the 10th grader who run code for this thing have taken off early for Columbus day. Have a beer on me brave lovers of ancient exploration... Salud!

World
    Zeus
    LOL, well i wasn't really concerned that purchases with gems wouldn't be compensated... they would have a lawsuit real quick for that.... was more worried about things that take up time and resources to obtain.. recently i upgraded my provision house, dumped almost 6k coin into hardwood chain bought 2 tavern gens... all told i worked for a few months to obtain enough resources to do the upgrades and buy certain things (with coin)... granted im a paying customer as well, have sunk as much (real money) as the next into gems, the only reason im not concerned about gems is because there are hundreds if not thousands just like me who have spent real money, they would never get away with that in any world online or not... im a bit more concerned that my progress as far as gameplay as well as all the effort to do what i have done in the past week will have been for not... if it rolls back further than a week it would tear down everything i have worked so hard to only recently accomplish.... just saying id like a bit of compensation so i may do my own damage control, gonna be a lot of unhappy people in castle empire when they find out just what the rollback entails losing, granted im just speculating and it is only a game but it would be nice to just be able to be right back where i was when the server crashed... at least id know where to begin.. if not compensation for the time lost in some form would be nice

48 hours ago when it was "just" a 24 hour down-time with a "possible" roll back of unknown significance, I was of the mind that we were all being spoiled little whiners to come and complain about the game being down. Now that the sun has set on this twice and no end in sight... it's starting to look like they did a full server-reset and NOW all they are doing is trudging through accounts one-by one to make sure that nobody who paid for merchandise got mugged. That's the ONLY thing that would take this long. I mean, on my website, I can reset the server from my phone...

World
    Zeus
    wel i will admit to be under educated in the computer field..... would that mean wed have to restart our islands as well?

Soldier
    this has gone past ridiculous

Recruit
    World
    Zeus
    Quote Originally Posted by JonMnemonic View Post
    48 hours ago when it was "just" a 24 hour down-time with a "possible" roll back of unknown significance, I was of the mind that we were all being spoiled little whiners to come and complain about the game being down. Now that the sun has set on this twice and no end in sight... it's starting to look like they did a full server-reset and NOW all they are doing is trudging through accounts one-by one to make sure that nobody who paid for merchandise got mugged. That's the ONLY thing that would take this long. I mean, on my website, I can reset the server from my phone...
    This is similar to what I'm expecting.... since there was a maintenance just before the shut down, I am fairly sure there was a back up made at that time, or "savepoint" if you will.

If the server/data is as corrupted or damaged as I believe, then chances are, everything is being started from scratch, and they are working double time to go through each persons account/island data and bring them back to where it was just before the maintenance, each account at a time, one by one. Which would be one heckuva task. No, they won't have to "build" each island like we do, but it's still copying/pasting line of code, after line of code, after line of code, then testing it all out to make sure it's working.

I could be way off though, and maybe there is something else, and they are trying to just fix the problem and go back a few days/week or so, but as JonMnemonic said, if it was just a roll back, it would be done and up and running again, even with minor fixes here and there.

Recruit
    World
    Zeus
    **** off ubi.

Reply to Thread