Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Musings of a long-term player

World
    Zeus

Unhappy Musings of a long-term player

In July I hit my 1 year anniversary playing this game. Now I begin to wonder if its in my best interest to continue.
    When the events came out last year, they were truly new. There really was stuff to work towards, to help guild members obtain. With the events repeating themselves this year, we find that players here for the events last year are being left out. Most of those that played the events last year got whatever special items there was to get. This year we find that the caps on the special items hasn't been lifted or extended. Established players lose out.
    Is this the way all the events are going to go throughout the rest of the events to come? Are we really supposed to be enticed by worthless buildings (i.e school house) and nerfed buffs?
    I really think that at this point I would step away, but wait a minute...guilds aren't fixed yet. Over a year and still there is no option to switch guild leadership, no way to give one officer co-leadership, no way for officers to accept or decline guild quests (total waste of development effort), or to increase guild house membership slots.
    So BB and UBI, its time to get off the fence. Either make the game interesting for all your players (not just the new ones) or make it possible for players like myself can leave with no loose ends.

All games have a shelf-life. I'm okay with that. I already have a couple games that are replacing this one. If BB/UBI think they are better off with new players, I'm okay with that too. Just make it easier for us long-term players to move on.
    Founder "Father" of The Deities (DIT) Guild
    Motto: Determination, Integrity, Teamwork
    Official Tree: The Sequoia Redwood
    Official Animal: The Ox

Settler
    World
    Zeus
    LadyTerra, as someone like me who rage quits in almost every game i suggest you do the same in this one.

or play once in a while i only come on like twice every 3 or 4 weeks.

i dont think this game will become interesting, not for a while.

Don't mess with the pro'z.

World
    Zeus
    What other games?

World
    Zeus
    On a regular basis, I play Grepolis and Glitch. But (not soon enough) the new SimCity will be launching!

World
    Zeus
    Quote Originally Posted by Persarum View Post
    LadyTerra, as someone like me who rage quits in almost every game i suggest you do the same in this one.

or play once in a while i only come on like twice every 3 or 4 weeks.

i dont think this game will become interesting, not for a while.
    Rage quit implies that I care enough to be mad. Which I don't...

Recruit
    World
    Zeus
    yay simcity!!!

World
    Zeus
    I think a problem here is that the game itself is greatly designed for long term play.
    The business model is really only geared towards the new player/gem buyer.
    Until they respect long term player as having a value, this disconnect will continue as they simply milk new players for all the money they can.
    It's as if anything new is more smoke and mirrors designed to dazzle but with no real substance.

Settler
    World
    Zeus
    I hate Grepolis, nobody attacked me when i took their villages, also no one replied to my mails.

It's like i was playing with myself.

try playing Tribal Wars.. only if you don't have a life.

Don't mess with the pro'z.

World
    Zeus
    Quote Originally Posted by EpsilonSilver View Post
    I think a problem here is that the game itself is greatly designed for long term play.
    The business model is really only geared towards the new player/gem buyer.
    Until they respect long term player as having a value, this disconnect will continue as they simply milk new players for all the money they can.
    It's as if anything new is more smoke and mirrors designed to dazzle but with no real substance.
    I could not have put it more eloquently, EpsilonSilver. This is a long term play based game, yet BB doesn't seem to be catering to the long term players. I'm coming up on my 1 year anniversary, really hoping that some good changes will happen in the meantime. If not, I can't see myself playing this game for much longer...
    \

"The violets will fade, the brook will dry up, and life will pass away."

Recruit
    World
    Zeus
    Hey folks
    I too am coming up on a year and although I stopped playing regularly about 5 months ago, I find myself popping in and out about once every 3 weeks.
    No real point in doing much at higher levels it seems. No goals to reach for, no PVP = no need to really play...
    I think I'll check in a year... if I even bother with that....

Reply to Thread