Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast

Thread: [Ubi Official] New Trade System Feedback

rodneymillerpca
    Trade system selling is awesome. We do have a few taking advantage of people though. Buying is not to bad with basic math skills or that unused calculator your operating system comes with. Here is a copy of information I posted in our guild site to help our members located at http://lifelong.tsoguilds.com/?q=node/54.

Now that we have have the ability to trade for more then a stack I figured we needed to update the trade page on the forum with another price guide. The simplest way I can figure out if your getting a fair trade or not is take the price divided by how many items it is
    Example; 1600 wheat @ 20 gold coins means your paying 0.0125 per item or 5gc a stack.
    [20÷1600=0.0125x400=5] Make sense?

So price divided by number of items should equal below;
    Pine wood logs = 0.0025 to 0.0075 gold coin.
    Pine wood planks = 0.0075 to 0.0125 gold coin.
    Stone = 0.0075 to 0.0125 gold coin.
    Fish = 0.0025 to 0.0075 gold coin.
    Coal = 0.015 to 0.02 gold coins.
    Copper ore = 0.02 to 0.03 gold coins.
    Bronze bar = 0.025 to 0.035 gold coins.
    Tools = 0.0375 gold coins.
    Water = 0.0025 to 0.0075 gold coins.
    Wheat = 0.0125 to 0.0175 gold coins.
    Brew = 0.025 gold coins.
    Flour = 0.0175 to 0.025 gold coins.
    Bread = 0.025 to 0.0375 gold coins.
    Bronze Swords = 0.03 to 0.0425 gold coins.
    Bows = 0.025 to 0.0375 gold coins.
    Hardwood logs = 0.0175 to 0.025 gold coins.
    Hardwood planks = 0.025 to 0.045 gold coins.
    Iron ore = 0.0575 to 0.0625 gold coins.
    Iron bar = 0.08 to 0.0875 gold coins.
    Steel = 0.1125 to 0.1375 gold coins.
    Gold ore = 0.225 gold coins.
    Gold bar = 0.325 to 0.375 gold coins.
    Gold coin = xxxxxxxxxxxx
    Marble= 0.0375 to 0.0625 gold coins.
    Meat = 0.025 to 0.03 gold coins.
    Sausages = 0.08 to 0.095 gold coins.
    Horses = 0.0375 to 0.0625 gold coins.
    Iron swords = 0.2325 to 0.2625 gold coins.
    Steel swords = 0.4625 to 0.5 gold coins.
    Longbows 0.075 to 0.0875 gold coins.
    Exotic wood logs = 0.25 to 0.3125 gold coin.
    Exotic wood planks = 0.25 to 0.3125 gold coin.
    Titanium ore = 0.5 gold coin.
    Titanium bar = 0.75 gold coin.
    Saltpeter = 0.15 gold coin.
    Gunpowder = No stable price.
    Granite = 1 to 1.5 gold coin.
    Wheels = No stable price.
    Carriages = No stable price.
    Damascene swords = 1 gold coin.
    Crossbows = 1.5 to 2 gold coin.
    Cannons = 2 gold coin.
    Last edited by rodneymillerpca; 10-12-12 at 09:08 pm. Reason: Quoted the copy of our guild site post.

Recruit
    World
    Zeus
    1. It would be great if you could increase the free lots in a trade slot to say 10. Or have a 2nd free slot, so that we can have small lots for lower levels and larger lots for higher levels.

2. The history is not working. It remains blank after the trades were made or canceled. It should get updated after the trade goes off the board.

3. I like the new trading system, especially the special items: adventures, buffs, etc.

4. Some people need help with the concept of slot and lot, with sorting and filtering. Please add to tutorials

5. A calculator to convert prices from stack-400 to K (1000) would be useful. Multiplying by 2.5 is not always easy to do in the head.

6. The sort should go across pages.

7. Need help with filter keywords, drop down list perhaps. Also add pwl, pwp, names/shortnames of adventures, etc.

8. secondary sort column would be useful (sort by offer, then cost...)

9. number sorting should be corrected, not like 10, 100, 10001, 110, 20, 25000, 26, 3, 300 ...

Recruit
    World
    Zeus
    suggested tweaks to the new trade system:

1) rather than letting players set the value of items have a fixed rate for everything.
    example: I want to trade 2k bread for some iron ore. I click on my side and enter the 2k
    bread just like we do now. when I click on iron ore on the Market side there will be a fixed
    amount I can get based on median values of bread and iron ore for gold coin.

this would completely eliminate scamming since players could no longer make lopsided trade offers
    except when doing direct trade with friends/guildies. The 24hr wait might reduce scam trades but
    it won't eliminate them.

2) instead of the pop up notice when a trade goes through or fails go back to sending an email.
    but without the need to accept/decline. the email would just have the item/resources the player
    wanted to receive.

This way the player knows for sure they actually received the correct amount. I've seen several
    players mention in Help chat that they didn't receive the correct amount.
    example: they accepted a trade of 10k stone for their 100 gold coin. after the trade completed
    they had 100 less coins but only 1k more stone.

3) either fix the sorting issue others have mentioned or just have 1 page and we just keep scrolling.

4) expired trades should actually disappear from the list after refreshing trade.

Noble
    computer chair atm, but always at home in my head
    World
    Zeus
    i absolutely disagree with 1) on your list. there is no way the game should limit us on how many apples we can trade for oranges. stop trying so hard to protect the noobs who dont wanna take the effort to learn trade prices, this protect the stupid attitude is part of the reason why this country is going downhill fast

that being said, i actually agree with the remainder of your post, these are obvious flaws and bugs in the new system

also a few things to add

u can post a trade to sell a gold depo, but u cant post a trade to buy 1.

ML and OF cant be traded for some reason.

you can only post to buy fish and meat depos in stacks of 100.

the history tab doesnt always update as it should. on tht note, it appears if you do some trading, then refresh your browser, it starts updating automatically like its supposed to. as soon as you visit some1 elses island, or an adv island, it screws it up again

Soldier
    World
    Zeus
    Well, there are some things i like about the new trade system and some things i don't. The worst thing is the SLIDER for selecting the amounts you want to sell.

Firstly, the typeset for the numbers is SO tiny i almost need a microscope to see it. Secondly, i could sit there for 10 minutes just trying to get the slider on the exact number i want. It would make SO much more sense to have some sort of box where we could just TYPE in the numbers. For example, if i want to sell 555 wheat for 555 flour, i would rather just be able to TYPE in those numbers instead of monkey around with a slider that never seems to hit the exact number i want and is so tiny i can barely make the numbers out without squinting.

On the upside, i really like that i can trade for amounts larger than 400 now. And i also like that the trade goes straight into my inventory with no extra clicking on emails. I LUV the filter feature, it helps a LOT. I also luv that we can trade buildings and adventures now. I was NOT happy about the fact that i still can only do one trade at a time unless i spend either gems or coins, i would like to run at least 2 trades at a time for 'free', but i guess i can live with that aspect. It is the SLIDER that is the major turnoff for me. So, pros and cons, some tweeking needed.

P.S. I agree with LostSoul abbout Giogini's 1st suggestion. I too am tired of living in a nanny state where everyone wants their decisions made FOR them!! Being able to trade my items for what i think they are worth and being able to spend what i feel something is worth is what makes the game and the trade worth playing. In a limited sense it can also be a good education and prep for younger players for someday learning to play the stock market in real life. A fixed rate for everything is a very bad idea.

World
    Zeus
    You can type in the numbers. No need for the slider.
    If something can go wrong, it will.

Soldier
    World
    Zeus
    Quote Originally Posted by Giogini View Post
    suggested tweaks to the new trade system:

1) rather than letting players set the value of items have a fixed rate for everything.
    example: I want to trade 2k bread for some iron ore. I click on my side and enter the 2k
    bread just like we do now. when I click on iron ore on the Market side there will be a fixed
    amount I can get based on median values of bread and iron ore for gold coin.

this would completely eliminate scamming since players could no longer make lopsided trade offers
    except when doing direct trade with friends/guildies. The 24hr wait might reduce scam trades but
    it won't eliminate them.

2) instead of the pop up notice when a trade goes through or fails go back to sending an email.
    but without the need to accept/decline. the email would just have the item/resources the player
    wanted to receive.

This way the player knows for sure they actually received the correct amount. I've seen several
    players mention in Help chat that they didn't receive the correct amount.
    example: they accepted a trade of 10k stone for their 100 gold coin. after the trade completed
    they had 100 less coins but only 1k more stone.

3) either fix the sorting issue others have mentioned or just have 1 page and we just keep scrolling.

4) expired trades should actually disappear from the list after refreshing trade.
    I'd disagree with number 1. The market is a free market and thus it does not make sense to have someone or a system to assign a fixed price on items. The players decide whatever price they want it to be (Even though the price seems to be fixed in a certain range). Isn't it simple for us to just decide how much we want to sell/buy than code the game system every few days or week?

You cannot feed people their whole life, you need to teach them how to grow plants and feed themselves. They need to learn the market, all they need is asking and observing. It is part of the game, isn't it ?

Recruit
    World
    Zeus

Is it me or are some of the trades on your sell list disappearing

Hello all on settler online,

Have lots two trades so far, one yesterday 10K iron swords and today 10K horse. Do not have these items in my history, so if someone did buy these item please contact me. If not, then where did the items go?

SetEsc

Recruit
    World
    Zeus
    Quote Originally Posted by SetEsc View Post
    Hello all on settler online,

Have lots two trades so far, one yesterday 10K iron swords and today 10K horse. Do not have these items in my history, so if someone did buy these item please contact me. If not, then where did the items go?

SetEsc
    Well found my horse trade, did compatibility view on my browser, but no 10k iron swords. So what is up with missing trades on the new system?

SetEsc

Soldier
    World
    Zeus
    Well, after reading most of the posts there's not much to add, but.....

Sorting: yes, if there are 6 pages of filtered items you WILL need to sort all 6 pages properly on the first load.

After each purchase you're thrown back to page one and sorting is lost.

Paging seems to be a big problem. If you can't figure it out, get rid of it.

If I'm looking at Offer or Cost, I don't care about the other, take them out.

Let me Refresh as often as I like/need since many problems can be resolved this way.

The Search feature is a really great add-on but should not be the only way to find items.
    It's nice to browse many different items to get a feel for what things are going for at the moment.
    Edit: This is mainly an issue with Sorting and the new Paging - just a lot more clicking now.

I've had an offer up for over 30 minutes now and the time still says 10:36
    after Refreshing AND reloading - is it still live or should I just cancel it.
    Edit: Time is....the Time when your Offer expires. But the Offer was not removed.

How do I limit the qty I wish to sell so my ENTIRE inventory is not drained.
    Edit: You can select 1-4 Lots to sell (not Slots) - wish there were more than just 4

It would be nice to have a field to type the qty in.
    Edit: Once someone pointed out that the qty is an Input Field it appeared quite obvious.....

When Trade was in the Chat tab I could open both Trade AND my Inventory
    to see how much of any resource I still had left while buying or selling,
    but I know you can't have everything.

I really like the new expanded trade system, you can tell they've put a LOT of work in to it.

But these are things that should have been worked out in test. Not live.
    As someone said, What's the use of testing if you don't use it?

The only reason I can think of for pushing this live was so that we all could give feedback
    and feel that our input was valued.

I'd rather things worked when they were released rather than getting a fake warm and fuzzy.