Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 LastLast

Thread: [Ubi Official] New Trade System Feedback

Soldier
    World
    Zeus
    I'd like to be able to select how many baskets to trade irrespective of what stack size they are in my star menu.

There should be a feature that tells you approximately how much coin whatever you're selling is worth. I see A LOT of trades for coins and maybe that would help some people who don't know what a fair price would be, meself being one of those people lol

Soldier
    World
    Zeus
    There are trade sheets that can help with that, Count_Savage. Searching this forum should give you plenty of links to sheets maintained by different people.

Recruit
    my trade window opens to low to confirm what I want to trade. this needs fixed please what about a window you can move?

Recruit
    World
    Zeus

sorting algorithm?

I'm not trying to be obnoxious, but could you please have the developers post their sorting algorithm for trade items?
    The weird sorting is personally the most annoying part of the game for me.

The trade items never sorted correctly in the old trade system, and they're apparently still using the same process for the first page of trade items in the new system. As far as I can tell only the items returned on the first page - the first random 50 items returned - get sorted, and even those aren't sorted numerically. It seems logical that items should sort by item name, then numerically on item quantity for offer/cost, then the same sort process on the other column. If separate sorting on name and quantity is not do-able, using a print format on the quantity to force leading spaces and then doing a alphabetic sort on the item/quantity string would get the same results.

I've never programmed in FLASH, so maybe there is some limitation I am unaware of, and/or you're making some sort of trade off due to a maximum allowable code size or something.

I would think that if you posted the subroutine the developers are using to generate the trade lists, SOMEBODY reading these forums could make code recommendations for you. Maybe for a change of pace you could make that the monthly contest with the best solution getting gems for a prize.

I would also like to make the request that the trade and warehouse popups be usable at the same time - I personally like to look at offers and then check to see if I have a surplus of the cost item to decide if I want to accept the offer. The old trade system made this convenient to do.

Last but not least I'd like to thank the developers for putting together a game that is good enough that I (and lots of others) enjoy enough to spend a lot of time playing!

Recruit
    Quote Originally Posted by bricks527 View Post
    Needed changes:
    1)the interface is not very user friendly..too many actions must be taken to make it work (open, refresh, click search limitations, perform search, sort results, scroll) surely is an easier method.

2)the system should be able to handle unequal transactions..eg..I want to trade 2 Dark priest adventures for 1 Stealing from the rich adventure. In the games econemy this is an equal trade that I have made many times. In the new system it is impossible to execute "within trade system". Expand the system to a 3x3 trade system..not everything can be traded 1x1.

3)the sort function is broken! I do a search that yeilds 3 pages of results..then click to sort by sale price..it sorts the first page..then when i click to second page they are in random order. If i click sort by sale price on second page..it takes me back to first page to see what i already viewed.

4)adjusting the trade amounts when putting up a sell..I have a 36K warehouse, if i want to sell 678 of an item the closest I can get to 678 using the slide bar is +/- 150..so I have to click arrow 150 times

5) this is the TABOO topic: you fixed the exploit of deposits/buffs/parrots. I am told that a person could previousely use a star menu item twice (never done it and sure noone else has either). This is a good fix to a problem that should have never existed, BUT it did exist. You have players that have played for a year and maybe they used this to help get to lvl 50, build 60K GC, and max every building on their island in the game. A player that is lvl 25 as of this new system will never be able to compete/ catch up/ develope to the point of the early players. So essentially you have created an inequity in the game where early players will always dominate the game.

6) as stated by other players there should be a cost/per column..players formerly knew the proper market rates based on a stack(400)..looking at a trade offer for 13576 coal that is sold for 147, you have to pull out a calculator to figure if it is a fair rate based on the old system of 400's.

In summary: I am pleasantly suprised, based on recent history of this games developement I thought you would totally and completely mess this up. It is usable and with some small tweaks might become better than the old system. I like that trades cannot be held for 8 hrs. tying up my resources and I like that adventures can be sold/bought/traded without yelling in global or waiting in auction for an extended period of time.

now some more:
    -When you do a limited search..say i search keyword gold coins in category of advanced goods I get full search result (say 3 pages)...then when i unselect advanced goods category and click category basic goods with same keyword I get one page..even if there are 300 pages of matching results it only displays one, until refresh is hit...then it will display the other 4 that were missing.

-There should be a ridiculous trade flag option. Giving everyone a free trade with long term expiration has encouraged people to throw "junk trades" into the trade system. I guess the thought is maybe they just throw a junk trade up when logging off and maybe someone will buy it or misclick on it? There should be an option to flag/tag a trade as "junk" and when that trade recieves lets say 100 flags it gets moved to a catagory called junk trade, similar to trades i cannot afford category. The trades that are not realistic are bogging down the system and making it hard to scan search result for what people want to buy.

-For deposits/items the 4 lot option should be useable (it is already there just not useable)...I currently have 50 x 2500 fishfood deposits to sell...I have to post and wait for sell 50 times to trade these inside the trade system.

-When search of trade system begins all categories should not be checked, all categories should be unchecked. currently it appears that there are around 1000-2500 trade offers posted at any given time and displaying all of these until i uncheck 9 of the 10 categories seems silly. I f i know exactly what i want I can use keyword, but if i just want to browse the basic goods offers is not user friendly.

Noble
    computer chair atm, but always at home in my head
    World
    Zeus
    just a few things that arent tradeable or can only be set as what u are offering in a trade post, which i would like to see changed

-why are the old friends and motherly love adventures not tradeable anymore? we could trade them before the new trade system came out, seems to me every adv should be tradeable

-when setting meat and fish depos as the cost in a trade u are posting, it is only possible to do 100 meat or 100 fish depo, it should be possible to make the amount changeable, in increments of 100 from 100-2500

-it is currently not possible to set gold depos as the cost in a trade u are posting. it should be possible to select any gold depo amount avail in the game as the cost in a transaction. same w iron depos

Recruit
    World
    Zeus
    well, just lost 10k horse, just so not happy

Setesc

Recruit
    tried it for a week....it sucks, you cant look at trades easily, look for deals, and the social aspect of the game is now dead. All the little deals i used to find (fish for water, meat for marble) take hours to try and find, and there isnt a auction house to ask for what you need.

I am done, enjoy your time

Settler
    World
    Zeus
    Quote Originally Posted by SetEsc View Post
    well, just lost 10k horse, just so not happy

Setesc
    How did you do that?