Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast

Thread: [Ubi Official] New Trade System Feedback

World
    Zeus
    Quote Originally Posted by ZBest View Post
    Sorry Meesher -- how many STUPID's is too many?

24-hr friend cooldown is STUPID.
    Taking away Lootspot sales is STUPID.
    Taking away buff sales is STUPID.
    Taking away private gem-sales is STUPID.
    Taking away fish/meat depo sales (with delivery) is STUPID.
    Gotta concur on these points. Especially gem sales, loot spots and 24hr friend requests.
    Great men are not born, they are made. Through blood, sweat, tears, trials and tribulations. Tests through both their victories and their defeats. They are shaped through their experiences. Portrayed by their moralities and judgements, be they for better or worse. They do what others wont to achieve what others cant. It is their dedication, commitment and ultimate success of their goals that separates a man from a great man.

World
    Zeus
    I'm not one to complain, BUT... I do NOT like the new trade system. I have been playing on it for weeks now on the test server, and it really depletes the value of everything. When you take away a 400 stack, it makes no value on anything. For example: Why would anyone buy my water for 1 gold/ 400 water, when someone else will sell for 1 gold/ 1000 water? My opinion is: the ONLY way this can work is if we all take the responsibility and post fair trades.

24 hour waiting period is terrible! There is NO WAY this can work. EVERYBODY posts wtb/wts in global. Selling buffs, selling depos, etc. One cannot do this with a 24 hr waiting period. I'm not waiting 24 hrs to buy buffs from someone. period.

Anyway... We can still do everything we could do before, lootspots, auctions, private gem sales, etc... We just have to wait 24 hrs OR have a friends list A MILE LONG!!! (Which I do NOT want). This takes away all the fun in meeting new people on this game. I really enjoy posting in global and getting what I was asking for immediately. (when none of my friends have what I want). Now, I'm going to be constantly spamming my friends instead of global. = Annoying!!!

Sorry guys, I hate the new system. But I guess I'll get used to it, like everything else. Thank you, mandydoll
    xoxo, mandypandy =P

World
    Zeus
    everyone is saying the same thing in their own way. I have to agree. The values of everything is dropping. The new trade system will only complicate things. Plus the trade menu looks like its from computers from the early 1980's.

Recruit
    World
    Zeus
    I am not a big fan of the new trade system. The moarket on everything has been devalued enough where its very hard to make any gc. I do like the fact of the gem items and advents, buffs being add the thing i would like to see it maybe loot spots being added to it. I liked the current trade system with 400 as a max. I think that it would be better to keep it the same add the extra items to trade. I think adding a feature that you could use to make multiple purchases or trades would be better than the new purposed system. These new changes are not good for the most part. I am not in favor of the 24 hour waiting periond unless you put in the loot spot feature. I do see only one benefit from the 24 hour waiting, and that is the people double profiting on depos and buffs.

Recruit
    World
    Zeus
    24 hour wait for trades with new friends really is a terrible idea, for all of the previous mentioned reasons. It hampers a lot of deals, it creates for a constantly cluttered friend's list, it limits trade deals of many sorts unless people can wait at least a day, then coordinate online schedules, inventory and such again. On and on. And with the other changes to the trade system makes the thought behind it virtually worthless anyway.

But, seeing as how it's being implemented as is, with the request for feedback on the night of implementation, and with current database server issues not even yet resolved....any comments here are likely worthless anyhow. But I'm downloading other updates so had a few moments to kill....and likely that's all I did.

Settler
    World
    Zeus
    I think the 24 hour delay just means you need to wait 24 hrs until you can trade with that person through your friends list.

However, there will still be a UI you'll be able to access just like the trade tab in chat only now it will likely be elsewhere, possibly accessed through the branch office.

Regardless of how it is accessed, you will not need to friend everyone in order to trade with them. That would be completely absurd and would kill one of the main functions of this game. I highly doubt the devs would do such a thing.

Recruit
    World
    Zeus
    Quote Originally Posted by Anax_Basileus View Post
    I think the 24 hour delay just means you need to wait 24 hrs until you can trade with that person through your friends list.

However, there will still be a UI you'll be able to access just like the trade tab in chat only now it will likely be elsewhere, possibly accessed through the branch office.

Regardless of how it is accessed, you will not need to friend everyone in order to trade with them that would be complete absurd and would kill one of the main functions of this game. I highly doubt the devs would do such a thing.
    Then that would still negate the idea of protection for noobs from predatory trading. Only thing it would serve to accomplish would be to complicate buff and loot spot sales then. I can't imagine they'd have an implemented workaround to their implemented hindrance

Settler
    World
    Zeus
    Quote Originally Posted by Zuma View Post
    Then that would still negate the idea of protection for noobs from predatory trading. Only thing it would serve to accomplish would be to complicate buff and loot spot sales then. I can't imagine they'd have an implemented workaround to their implemented hindrance

No, it wouldn't... again you are missing the point.

The implemented 24 hour wait time is to prevent a player who likes to rip people off by friending lots of players and then sending crappy trades that the newer player may not realize is a horrible deal.

The trade tab and friends list are two seperate things. A scamming player can post a horrible trade on the trade tab yes, but most players aren't going to take it.

However, in regards to a trade through the friends list, you can get a mail with an offer which could potentially be the exact reverse of what you are offering on the trade tab but it's coming from that scamming player who is trying to trick you.

Someone who posts 1 fish for 400 gold coins is not very likely to get someone to buy if they post it on the trade tab... however, if it's an offer coming through the friends list, then the person who checks their mail might not notice it if they have an offer up and are recieving messages because of it. They may accidentally accept a bogus offer.

This is why my fl is small and I reject all blind friends requests.

Recruit
    Quote Originally Posted by ZBest View Post
    Sorry Meesher -- how many STUPID's is too many?

24-hr friend cooldown is STUPID.
    Taking away Lootspot sales is STUPID.
    Taking away buff sales is STUPID.
    Taking away auctions is STUPID.
    Taking away private gem-sales is STUPID.
    Taking away fish/meat depo sales (with delivery) is STUPID.
    Annoying players after they revolt on you is STUPID.
    Applying STUPID upgrades when everyone is pissed about a rollback is STUPID.

and I figured a picture was worth a thousand words. I feel like I'm being bent over and taking it .....
    I totally agree!!!!! My island is demolished & I will no longer play this game after the trade rules come out.

I'm editing this post to point to my thread I started long before this one located here:
    http://forum.thesettlersonline.net/t...-System/page10

Thanks for making an official one though BB
    Last edited by ImaQT; 10-10-12 at 10:08 pm. Reason: Add link

Recruit
    World
    Zeus
    As I previously said in imaQT post about the same thing...

24 hours delay will slowdown the game progression and also kill the global-2 auctions (that was the goal wasn't it?)
    And for those who think we'll still be able to go on with offering 1 fish for 1200gc... that will be like the actual scammers... but X 1000 ... would be fun to use that trade system with all those 'fake trade' around!

Remove that 24h cooldown and let us judge the real value of trading thru it!

my 2 cent.