Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast

Thread: [Ubi Official] New Trade System Feedback

Recruit
    World
    Zeus
    What troubles me is the lack of faith most of us have that giving input will really change anything. Also considering you have guilds could you not ask the guild leaders (at least of the 100 or so larger guilds) about ideas like this before implementing them?

Recruit
    World
    Zeus
    I do have problems with this new trade interface and the boundaries in which you are adding new rules to the game

Overall, I do think the new trade system is good, and needed.

The problem lies in the 24 hour wait period for trading with a "new" friend.

First off, this is going to force people to use the Trade Interface for selling loot spots and bulk deals from Auctions. Basically, there is a workaround for both Loot Spots and Bulk Trades/Auctions, and can be done to avoid the 24 hour cooldown.... below is an example

John Auctions/Trades on a global tab, Selling 20,000 coal.... I want 200 gc from it
    Ed agrees to the deal, but since they are not currently friends, the only way for them to make this trade and not have to wait 1 day is to put up crappy looking trades in the Trade Interface.

John posts a trade "Paying 1 fish for 200 gold coins"
    Ed posts a trade "Paying 1 fish for 20,000 coal"

Both people get their goods, problem solved.

As for loot spots, it works the same way

John is selling a Black Knights loot spot for 1200 gold coins
    Ed tells him that he will buy it. John invites him to be a friend, then sends him an adventure invite.
    John then posts a trade in the Trade Interface "1 fish for 1200 gold coins"

Again problem solved

BUT.... there is a problem still!

You have eliminated 1 type of scam, only to create all new ways for people to scam!

Using scenarios above....

John sells 20k coal to Ed for 200 gold coins
    John posts the same trade as above in the Trade Interface "offering 1 fish for 200gc"
    Ed accepts and posts his trade "offering 1 fish for 20,000 coal"

John just decided to keep his coal, and go about his day
    Ed gets hosed

Same thing with the loot spot
    John goes to sell a Black Knights Loot spot for 1200 gold coins
    Ed tells John, I will buy it
    John invites Ed as a friend, and posts a trade "offering 1 fish for 1200 gold coins"
    Ed accepts, then never gets the adventure invite, and John just goes about his day

So basically, your getting rid of a scam to create other scams

Not very well thought out BB

Recruit
    To add to Lord_Sheldon's post..

John auctions off 20k coal and Ed wins auction for 200gc
    John posts 20k coal on trade for 1 fish
    Scammer_Jim sees trade pop up and takes the deal
    Ed sees no trade and gets mad at John for backing out of deal.
    John is sad face with his 1 fish.

I am sorry. I will admit, If I see these types of trades and I don't know the people I will attempt to nab them, Who wouldn't? It is a fair trade in the trade system. I can see many like minded individuals that will camp on the trade system starting in a few hours.

Recruit
    World
    Zeus
    Quote Originally Posted by Galdrath View Post
    To add to Lord_Sheldon's post..

John auctions off 20k coal and Ed wins auction for 200gc
    John posts 20k coal on trade for 1 fish
    Scammer_Jim sees trade pop up and takes the deal
    Ed sees no trade and gets mad at John for backing out of deal.
    John is sad face with his 1 fish.

I am sorry. I will admit, If I see these types of trades and I don't know the people I will attempt to nab them, Who wouldn't? It is a fair trade in the trade system. I can see many like minded individuals that will camp on the trade system starting in a few hours.
    Well, people won't put up super awesome deals....

The way it will work is....

Ed is Paying 1 Fish to receive 20,000 Coal....
    John is Paying 1 Fish to receive 200 gold coins....

People would be fairly stupid (not really improbable) to post 20,000 coal for 1 fish, itll always be the other way around

Recruit
    True. People should be smart about it...but You know that is not going to happen a lot of the time.

Recruit
    World
    Zeus
    Quote Originally Posted by Galdrath View Post
    True. People should be smart about it...but You know that is not going to happen a lot of the time.
    Well, if people were smart, nobody would accept random, out of the blue friend requests, and this issue never would have needed to be addressed or the 24 hour thing implemented.

Then again, if people were smart..... they wouldn't run red lights causing accidents, do drugs, get into fights, drink and drive, and that list could go on for eternity, lol.

World
    Zeus
    i think this will be the end for many players

Recruit
    World
    Zeus
    My main question is who or what other game wil get my time/money? whats the next one? bb seams determined to make this to impossible to bear...

Recruit
    World
    Zeus
    think it was fine the way it was, only change i would've made was allow us to type in/slide a bar to the number of trades we wanted to send, so there was less clicking involved. that was the only real trouble with trades. there will always be scammers, if there's a will there's a way. I think this will only frustrate people (see above comments) and possibly cause more in game tension. I've had it up to my eye balls with changes and "issues" to be honest. I've never seen a players suggestion actually change anything in game, no matter how "valued" they are... I don't have high hopes.
    I can however say GREAT JOB on finally fixing the online guild dots... I've been hoping for that since April.

Soldier
    Quote Originally Posted by ZBest View Post
    Sorry Meesher -- how many STUPID's is too many?

24-hr friend cooldown is STUPID.
    Taking away Lootspot sales is STUPID.
    Taking away buff sales is STUPID.
    Taking away auctions is STUPID.
    Taking away private gem-sales is STUPID.
    Taking away fish/meat depo sales (with delivery) is STUPID.
    Annoying players after they revolt on you is STUPID.
    Applying STUPID upgrades when everyone is pissed about a rollback is STUPID.

and I figured a picture was worth a thousand words. I feel like I'm being bent over and taking it .....

Agreed 24hr should not be applied