Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: [Ubi Official] New Trade System Feedback

Recruit
    World
    Zeus
    funny how the new patch notes say:
    • There is now a filter option to search for particular item(s)
    AND
    • Sorting in the trade system has been fixed
    .............leads me to believe there was already a problem with it, but they are stickin it to us anyway

Soldier
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord_Sheldon View Post
    I do have problems with this new trade interface and the boundaries in which you are adding new rules to the game

Overall, I do think the new trade system is good, and needed.

The problem lies in the 24 hour wait period for trading with a "new" friend.

First off, this is going to force people to use the Trade Interface for selling loot spots and bulk deals from Auctions. Basically, there is a workaround for both Loot Spots and Bulk Trades/Auctions, and can be done to avoid the 24 hour cooldown.... below is an example

John Auctions/Trades on a global tab, Selling 20,000 coal.... I want 200 gc from it
    Ed agrees to the deal, but since they are not currently friends, the only way for them to make this trade and not have to wait 1 day is to put up crappy looking trades in the Trade Interface.

John posts a trade "Paying 1 fish for 200 gold coins"
    Ed posts a trade "Paying 1 fish for 20,000 coal"

Both people get their goods, problem solved.

As for loot spots, it works the same way

John is selling a Black Knights loot spot for 1200 gold coins
    Ed tells him that he will buy it. John invites him to be a friend, then sends him an adventure invite.
    John then posts a trade in the Trade Interface "1 fish for 1200 gold coins"

Again problem solved

BUT.... there is a problem still!

You have eliminated 1 type of scam, only to create all new ways for people to scam!

Using scenarios above....

John sells 20k coal to Ed for 200 gold coins
    John posts the same trade as above in the Trade Interface "offering 1 fish for 200gc"
    Ed accepts and posts his trade "offering 1 fish for 20,000 coal"

John just decided to keep his coal, and go about his day
    Ed gets hosed

Same thing with the loot spot
    John goes to sell a Black Knights Loot spot for 1200 gold coins
    Ed tells John, I will buy it
    John invites Ed as a friend, and posts a trade "offering 1 fish for 1200 gold coins"
    Ed accepts, then never gets the adventure invite, and John just goes about his day

So basically, your getting rid of a scam to create other scams

Not very well thought out BB
    the only problem with that is you dont know on the new trade system who the seller is..... i dont know if they have changed it from test server but that will be an issue

Soldier
    Ok so to stop people scamming you can't trade for 24 hours........ and alot of people are adding people and keeping people on their friends list now because of scammers, so dont you think that this is now opeing up more room for scammers? I know I added quiet a few people before the new trade system comes into action today as i dont want to go without buffing my island when i log back on if no-one is on in guild chat.
    I'm sure we can all work round the Loot Spot sales just plan ahead but still a pain for Spontaneous people like myself who are adventure crazy :-)
    Maybe if we are selling depos you need to find a buyer before hand unless you are worrying about them going 'stale'
    Not sure who mentioned about joining guild for trading but you still have a 24hr 'cool off' period for that also so i don't see that happening tbh
    Sorry BB just more things for you to make people moan about THANKS

Recruit
    World
    Zeus
    Love the new trade interface and love how it reverses how trades work so you initiate trades you want. So why do you need the 24hr rule if that already takes care of the friend scam? Using the trade window now eliminates all trade related mail, closing that scam. Either eliminate the 24hr rule or we can only assume this is in fact a way to kill auctions and gem selling.

Recruit
    Nope. The problem is you charge us for more "slots" and allow us only 4 "lots". For only 9 gems "oh my!" You've completely killed the fun of doing auctions, you're forcing the 24 hour time limit on trading with new friends not to PROTECT us, but to instead force us to again, use the trade tab which sucks....just to hope to get those 9 gems from us....this is NOT going to boost gem sales. After the crash of the site, the 2 1/2 days of no word on the site coming back up, the roll back, and now trying to squeeze us for gems is just getting to be too much. All in less than a week. You are NOT listening to your game players, maybe you will when people leave in droves because of this idiocy.

Noble
    World
    Zeus
    Needs way to manually input amount of item you want to trade. sliding bar isn't accurate when have many, many thousands of item and want to sell smaller amount. Also, wish there was way to filter out or better prevent the just silly trades people post. If it isn't in range of fair market value, should be way to filter out or not even be able to offer.

Ok, so after posting this, i see that you can manually put in amount for trades. Oops. But the stupid trades are still very annoying. Get better understanding of market value, or stop trying to take advantage of people who might not know you are offering terrible trade.

Noble
    World
    Zeus
    found big issue in my opinion. the fact that only 1 person can buy your trade. So its either you can only sell to 1 person or have to do 1 mass trade. should be option of how many trades you want to do. For example, if i want to trade 1000 bronze bars for 1000 bronze swords, should be option to say how many of those trades to do. Otherwise have to do large trade of 10,000 b bars for 10,000 b swords. That kind of trading doesn't help lower level players. If most trades are in massive amounts they can't afford, then they loose out. Needs to be option to allow more than one buyer for same trade like old system.

Settler
    World
    Zeus
    lol looks like I was right that there would be a new interface you could access to do trades through.

So no needing to friend everyone like some of you were saying.

Soldier
    Everyone is bound to moan but hey i like the new trade system now its here, i can trade my baskets if someone hasnt got any so they can buff my island and make it all shiney :-))
    There are always ways to work around issues such as LS all it takes is a bit of intelligence and patience like most things.

Settler
    World
    Zeus
    My first interactions with it were confusing, it's not as intuitive as I'd hoped for. But it's pretty typical for BB, based on my experience here.

After my initial adjustment, I will say I freaking LOVE parts of it. I look for solid opportunities to sell a subset of my resources, and the new interface has me making coin much, much faster than before.

Two observations:
    1. Please, please, please stop losing my sort order after I purchase something. I specifically searched for coins, and sorted by the "Offer" column. Stop losing that sort just because I made a purchase.

2. When extra slots are purchased, it should be EXTREMELY clear whether these are temporary or permanent additions to your trade function. The coins are sorta obvious, as the price increases with each slot purchased. But if I spent 9 gems on a slot, is that a one-time addition, or will it be there forever? I shouldn't have to go to the trader to look for permanent trade slot additions, like you do for the building slots.