Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 LastLast

Thread: [Ubi Official] New Trade System Feedback

Recruit
    World
    Zeus
    Quote Originally Posted by Illregard View Post
    I've had an offer up for over 30 minutes now and the time still says 10:36
    after Refreshing AND reloading - is it still live or should I just cancel it.

How do I limit the qty I wish to sell so my ENTIRE inventory is not drained.

It would be nice to have a field to type the qty in.
    The time is not a countdown, it is the time when your listing expires.

I don't understand how your inventory is being drained, unless your inventory is quite small. In that case, there's no need to list large amounts of things using all four lots. You can just put up a small trade with one or two lots for sale.

You can When you select what you're selling, the little box with the numbers in it showing the quantity can be selected and typed in. Just delete what's there and type in however much you'd like to offer.

World
    Zeus
    1. The history tab seems to have a terrible lag time, sometimes as much as 8-10 hours. This makes it difficult to know what exactly sold or didn't sell while you were offline, and if it is worthwhile to re post that offer.

2. I wish the cost column was a number field instead of text field, at least for coin. When you try to sort by cost 1000 is less than 200, which is less than 30.

3. The sort feature often will not stick and re sorts to random when you change pages. Also, If you buy something on page 9 of 17, you get kicked back to an unsorted page one, after the purchase.

4. After refreshing often, when I try to buy something, sometimes I get "offer expired". I get that message way too often for it to be a coincidence that 20 seconds after refreshing the offer happened to expire.

5. Could you write some sort of macro that sorts out the completely ridiculous offers and puts them under the "Ridiculous Trades" tab? (Tongue held firmly in cheek) Since you have made new friends wait 24 hours to trade because of the "false friend" issue, I propose you simply rename the Trade Office the "False Friends" Office. The amount of people trying to scam new players is overwhelming.

6. Being able to post more than one of a deposit or adventure map would be handy. Why not allow lots of 4 for those items?

7. Once you get some of these bugs worked out, I think the trade office will be a great feature.

P.S. I just put up an offer to buy fish. The Trade Office says I have 16k fish, but my Mayor's house says I have 8k fish. Is there any way to get the Trade Office and the Mayor's house to agree on the amount in stock?

P.S.S. My history tab finally updated from 12 hours ago. I put up 4 lots of 1000 bows for sale. 4000 bows are gone from my inventory. But the history tab shows I only sold one lot. There is nothing that says what happened to the other 3 lots. There seems to be no way of actually knowing if something sold since it's all automatic with no notifications anymore. I'm beginning to wonder if I am simply losing resources without getting what I thought I traded for.

Recruit
    [QUOTE=Giogini;190357]suggested tweaks to the new trade system:

1) rather than letting players set the value of items have a fixed rate for everything.
    example: I want to trade 2k bread for some iron ore. I click on my side and enter the 2k
    bread just like we do now. when I click on iron ore on the Market side there will be a fixed
    amount I can get based on median values of bread and iron ore for gold coin.

this would completely eliminate scamming since players could no longer make lopsided trade offers
    except when doing direct trade with friends/guildies. The 24hr wait might reduce scam trades but
    it won't eliminate them.

Crazy idea. Instead of having a free market, let's completely eliminate the people in the market setting the price and have BB set it for us. Stupid. The whole point of having a free market is to let the traders establish the market price.

Noble
    World
    Zeus
    Quote Originally Posted by Gus448811 View Post
    Crazy idea. Instead of having a free market, let's completely eliminate the people in the market setting the price and have BB set it for us. Stupid. The whole point of having a free market is to let the traders establish the market price.
    All free markets have decent sorting algorithms that let people easily find the highest bidding buyer and the lowest price seller so 99% of business happens at a reasonable, fair market value. This one doesn't, and probably 75-80% of the lots in the trade system are at least 25% away from the high-bid/low-ask (fair market value) point.

The trade tab should have a "Show Only High-Bid / Low-Ask" option (using product ratios), that filters out all of the ridiculous trades. Most players would have this option checked and only fair market value trades would be visible. People would have to post fair market value trades to be seen, or to move any product. With only these trades available -- we could do away with the pages and just have a pure scroll.

It would do wonders to stabilize prices, increase volume, protect newbies, simplify the interface, etc.

Soldier
    World
    Zeus
    Quote Originally Posted by laRochelle View Post
    The time is not a countdown, it is the time when your listing expires.

I don't understand how your inventory is being drained, unless your inventory is quite small. In that case, there's no need to list large amounts of things using all four lots. You can just put up a small trade with one or two lots for sale.

You can When you select what you're selling, the little box with the numbers in it showing the quantity can be selected and typed in. Just delete what's there and type in however much you'd like to offer.
    New system, still learning, aaaand repeating what other people said on test.....

On test you couldn't set Lots, and confused Lots with Slots (ashamed I actually did that too).

Once someone pointed out that the qty was an input field it appeared quite obvious.
    A lot of players still haven't noticed this feature, which was why I came back to edit a post.

And I SWEAR, when I posted that Offer it was nowhere close to 10:00 /p
    Actually a different way to display that info without updating every single line item every minute.

Tnx.

Master Storyteller
    World
    Zeus
    I love the new system and think it has great potential. I didn't read through all the pages of responses but here are my 2 cents:

1. The lag in history showing sales/purchases is creating a problem. People are assuming they've lost items and or coins all the time. (I keep seeing it in help chat all day.) For myself, I see that the transactions are going through on my news feed but even a refresh of my browser doesn't bring up the most recent transactions.

2. It would be great to be able to have our inventory open at the same time as the trade window. Sometimes I see a good sale and don't know if I can really afford to give up the stock to do the trade. (On a side note, it would be wonderful if all the menus could be pinned open like the building menu can be now.)

3. Please don't take us back to the first page of transactions when we've made a deal. It's frustrating to have to re-sort and find your spot again, especially if you're trying to look for people buying with coins.

4. A Cost and Offer checkbox in the filters would help to narrow the transactions down too.

Sorry if these are all repeats.

Oh, and I vote "No" to set prices. This is, and should always be, a free market. If we have set prices then we might as well have an NPC in the game that we sell our resources to.

Master Storyteller
    World
    Zeus
    Oh, and I forgot to ask but why can't we sell Motherly Love or Old Friends adventures even as a direct trade now??

Recruit
    World
    Zeus
    I really need gold deposit request installed, like offer 200 gold coins for 500 gold ore deposit. We can only sell that at this time, and 24 hrs friend cool down made it impossible to buy from strangers.

We shouldn be able to trade with ANYONE we want, we should not be limited to just friends or guildies. If we need to limit, the lootspot activity should be limited, as that seems like a bug to me.

Settler
    World
    Zeus
    On the search function - it'd be great if I could specify whether I'm searching by Offer or Cost. When I look to sell stuff, I search by coins, but I really only care about coins in the Offer column. Yes, I can sort by Offer, but there are the numerously-mentioned issues with sorting, and ultimately, the goal of a search function is to reduce the result set - searching for coins by Offer further reduces the amount of data returned to me, and may eliminate pagination issues.

I can't think of the situation where I'd search for something and be opening to both buying and selling it. Seems like you're way more likely to want to do one or the other.

Soldier
    World
    Zeus
    Copy/Pasted from: http://forum.thesettlersonline.net/t...o-Trade-Office.

Some improvements to Trade Office.

I know, there's probably a dozen or more of these threads but I thought i'd weigh in on some issues that nag me.

#1.) Obviously there needs to be a revisit on what can be bought/sold. An example is that you cannot, at present request a 500 gold deposit. You can list one for sale, but if I wanted to buy them on my terms, and list say 200gc for a gold deposit, I can't because that option isn't there. The same is true of Motherly Love and Old Friends. i'm not even sure you can *sell* them either. Is this intentional? There's a few other items that can't be bought/sold as well. If we're going to have a trade system this robust it needs to include all items.

#2.) "You have sold 1 lot." ...of what? Is it impossible to code in a little block of marble and 5000? or the icon of say Witch of the Swamp? drop me an email? I hate having to go back and recheck what just got sold to see if i've got a slot open to sell something else. This probably isn't a big issue for most people as most people don't list more than 1 item, maybe 2... but when you're listing 11 items, it's helpful to know.

#3.) Price per stack. I know this one is more complicated because what is a stack now? 100? 1000? 10000? But there needs to be some sort of standard set and in doing so a cost assessment. So it would say:
    Marble | 10000 | 100 (10/stack) While it's great that we are free to post however much we want, a quick browse of the trade office in it's current state shows that most people are either A.) Idiots who can't do basic math B.) scammers or C.) people who just don't know how much they should be charging so they're undercutting the next guy who's already posting a crazy price because he doesn't know either.

#4.) The sorting issue needs to be fixed past page 1. There's a workaround past it, but really, this shouldn't be hard to fix. (Hit Cost, then offer, then Cost again.)

#5.) We should be able to refine our search to Offer / Cost. When I'm looking to buy marble, i don't really need to see the 100 or so offers of people who are looking to buy marble too. It's just needless and makes more work for me to sort through the offers.

#6.) This amount goes with this amount. I don't remember most of my programming days but i do remember you can have a field display in order by type. I.e.: 1 comes before 5, which comes before 10, which comes before 10,000. Seeing 1, 10,000, 2, 20,000, 50, 500, 50000... again, more work that could easily be fixed with some coding changes.

#7.) Multiple lot purchases. Nothing frustrates me more than seeing someone have a really good deal on the trade office, buying it, and having to ask them if they have more at that price because i can only buy one lot of it. If the person selling the item is selling 10 lots of it, and i want to buy 5 lots, i should be able to select that somehow and buy more. Otherwise i'm stuck hoping for another better deal.

As it is right now, because I sell at original Trade Tab prices instead of the ludicrous prices most everyone else is charging, i'm actually frequently asked if i have more at that price and having to cancel the order and relist for the full amount to satisfy a seller. I just want to sell my goods. i don't want to have to hope 4 people want it when 1 person could buy it out.

edit: For the people who want more lots it costs you gems, but below the "Lot" slider is a big shiny button that says "Unlock". for the god awful price of 19 gems, you can get 16 slots instead of 4.
    Last edited by Dreadmime; 10-16-12 at 10:33 am. Reason: additional thoughts.