Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: "Prices"

Veteran General
    World
    Zeus

"Prices"

I have seen an increasing number of "doom and gloom" players saying "greed" or "changing prices" are killing the economy, so here is a look at what prices have seemed to have done in the past 2 months or so. any opinions?

Pinewood logs - steady
    Pinewood Planks- steady
    Stone - steady
    Fish - steady
    Coal - steady
    Copper - slight gain
    Bronze Bars - slight drop
    Tools - slight drop
    Wheat - steady
    Water - steady
    Flour - steady
    Brew - slight rise
    Bread - steady
    Bronze swords - slight drop
    Bows -slight drop
    Hardwood logs - falling
    Hardwood Planks - steady
    marble - slight drop
    Iron ore - steady
    Iron bars - falling
    Steel Bars - falling
    Gold ore - rising
    Gold Bars - rising
    Meat - steady
    Sausage - steady
    longbows - falling
    Horses - slight drop
    Iron swords - falling
    Steel swords - falling
    Exotic Logs - falling
    Exotic Planks - falling
    Granite - steady
    titanium ore - steady
    titanium bars - steady
    salt peter - slight drop
    Damascene swords - falling
    Crossbows - falling
    Cannons - falling
    Map fragments - slight rise
    Gems - Rising

And Advs:
    HB - rising
    Wots - steady
    DP - steady
    SFTR - steady
    IOTP - rising

Traitors - Rising
    Outlaws - Rising
    Sons of the Veld - Lol
    VTV - Slightly Rising
    Motherly Love - Steady
    Old friends - Steady

BK - Rising
    Nords - Rising
    DB - slightly falling
    SE - lol

Lootspots:
    Dp - slightly falling
    Sftr - slightly falling
    VtV - ~
    ML - ~
    Nords - steady
    BK - Falling
    RB - slightly falling
    DB - steady

Noble
    World
    Zeus
    I see a pattern in the weapons -- other than bows and bswords, the prices are plummeting.
    http://forum.thesettlersonline.net/t...ing-Heavy-Arms

I think we need a 3-tier barracks -- for Intermediate / Advanced / Expert troops to train simultaniously.
    Recruits are 3m for 40HP, Militia are 8m for 60HP and Soldiers are 12m for 90HP.
    Militia should have been 4m30s and soldiers 6m45s. Militia and Soldiers take twice as long to train as they should (Biggest current problem with the economy).
    Training times can stay the same -- if they let you train more than one type in parallel.

I think the SoV and SE adventures obviously need some tweaks.

If you're tackling the whole economy, you need to deal with coins -- and there's nothing for players to spend coins on. After you upgrade to lv4 -- you're in a granite world, and coins mean nothing. Beyond the 30gc for each explorer adventure search, you can't buy anything. The only item in the shop available for coins is the counterfeit membership. It hasn't happened yet, but demand for coins will eventually fall off considerably -- and as Zeus evolves, this should start happening soon. I like the idea of provisioning super-buffs, depos or mercenaries to try and increase demand for coins. Coin hurries on barracks training, or building construction would also work.

Veteran General
    World
    Zeus
    i think the stockpiling of coins by high levels is all that is keeping them from falling off. We have already seen coins collapse in comparison to gems, but heavy weaps....

The primary riser(s) have been either gold chain related or advs that benefited from new pathing or an influx of higher levels.

Primary fallers have been resources that are collected in high advs (and with some lag, the lootspots too, and in a few more months, probably the adv prices too), with the exception of granite due to it being THE END resource of the game.

World
    Zeus
    i like the lol next to sov they need to just get rid of that adventure IMO

Recruit
    Someone should do a daily stock report on the commodities in game. They could give news on new updates like the one coming and speculate on the prices in the market. Heck you couldn't screw it up anymore than those jokers on cable tv.

Recruit
    World
    Zeus
    Main problem for an advancing economy versus a declining one? The proliferation of mid to high end production items as adventure rewards. Easier and cheaper to obtain in adventures, nullifying most of the high end production items.

Veteran General
    World
    Zeus
    In the end most high level production just goes to basic commodities

Soldier
    Quote Originally Posted by royalpayne View Post
    i like the lol next to sov they need to just get rid of that adventure IMO
    http://forum.thesettlersonline.com/t...l=1#post189546

check out this guide, actually makes SotV more worth while if you do block its great :-)

You will find the more people progress into the game and do more adventure there is no need to buy things like steel/iron swords... i found myself taking down my buildings for them as i was stock piling from loot and still enough to sell on TT.
    Also people tend to use xbows instead of longbows as they lvl up. But yes some of the adventures do need tweeking or maybe stick some new ones in for us to have a crack at pls Devs hint hint hint :-))

Noble
    World
    Zeus
    If you look at sources of supply and demand for all the products -- you see why the prices keep moving the way they do.

You see high demand for Bread, Brew, and Bronze swords -- for troops ( the quest for XP )
    Building materials are always required for rebuilding mines and fields -- coal is needed in the gold and weapons

There are also licence-intesnive products -- the wheat and the pine logs being the worst offenders -- which limits supply and helps stabilize prices

There are also a lot of products that can't profit from basket buffs because the prices of the product are so low or production times are too long ( water, fish, farms, pine, flour, breweries ) -- which causes prices to stabilize because of limited supply.

It's mainly the heavy weapons that are broken because there is zero demand (XP / hr is horrible). The rest of the economy is balanced reasonably well.

The buildings are really expensive -- which should limit supply. However, the adventures have become pretty simple, and the looted weapons have flooded the market.

Settler
    World
    Zeus
    Quote Originally Posted by traderofstuff View Post
    Someone should do a daily stock report on the commodities in game. They could give news on new updates like the one coming and speculate on the prices in the market. Heck you couldn't screw it up anymore than those jokers on cable tv.
    There is already one:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...GZjE3ZkE#gid=3

Reply to Thread