Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Hello and Goodbye Ubisoft/BlueByte

Recruit
    !!!Please delete this thread!!!

CL_Melorr
    I know I read somewhere that the game was rolled back to Sept. 29th (I wanted to give the link to a friend) and I have been looking for that info for 1/2 hr. now. It seems to have disappeared (did Ubisoft delete the post?) but glad to see someone else saw it to. Tks for posting that ShuttlePilot, I know I am not losing my mind now...

Recruit
    Quote Originally Posted by bricks527 View Post
    !!!Please delete this thread!!!
    May I ask the reason behind your request?

Recruit
    It is filled with inaacurate/altered information as is pointed out throughout the thread. It serves no purpose in furthering the game or helping players, it is simply an attack on a BB (who is the frontman to the incompetent people that left him twisting in the wind during a period of crisis). And it was started by a player that has already left the game??yet continues to respond to the thread???

Recruit
    Search my posts...you will see I am not a fan!..just didn't find this helpful...

Recruit
    ZZZzZZZZZZZzzzzZzZZZZzz

LOL no I did get your point =- that the community management is lacking.

Could it have been done better ? Surely. ANYTHING can be improved. But really , the community manager isnt a member of the tech team here in this case, so they have to play an eternal game of telephone in such matters. Further , as previously mentioned they HAVE to avoid making predictions , as if they are wrong , it looks even worse.

So your not going to get an up to the minute play-by-play. Not only is it counterproductive in most cases , but it can inflame things worse than just remaining silent.

Instead of those 7 updates , how would you like to hear "Nope they havent figured it out yet" 300 times? Really, no you wouldnt.

I think they did an OK job with what they had. If someone told you to put a positive spin on selling a pile of garbage/snafu like the server crash you might find it challenging too. You also could be more constructive and instead of moaning like a kid whose ice cream got knocked in the dirt provide a few more constructive suggestions than are present in your current thread.

This game is under development. That said, Ubi/BB has said they will wade through the backlog and refund all purchases and make all losses right.

The care package is the start (and not the finish) of that.

This will take time. Its a free-to-play game. It doesnt have an office building full of 1000 people just on tech support. Its probably a 20 something (if that) staff who now have to wade through tickets from 10,000 people .. given 10% were affected by login , ~50% lost items, troops and generals in the rollback related to advents they werre on , everyone lost res and items related to progress in time during the rollback.. you can imagine they may have THOUSANDS of tickets. If they solved one ticket every 30 mins 24 hours a day it would take weeks.. and they wont solve one every 30 mins. They arent super heroes (though Im sure a few may feel that way once this is over lol) .

Its not a positive experience. If you cant stomache it , well sianara , but I dont see that they are really doing that badly with what they have. They can do better and I hope they do. I hope everyone is compensated fairly and more , I hope everyone gets back compensation worth their time an money. REALISTICALLY though? Some paitience has to be had , its going to take a LONG time and Im sure some will never get back fair trade on what they percive its worth.

Im playing a free game I havent paid a cent for. Ill stick around to see what the game becomes myself. Thanks for letting me play !

~B

Recruit
    Bystander, that was the first intelligent post in this threat. Thank you!

Recruit
    World
    Zeus
    Arnoir... learn to read please...
    "the new trade system will be incorperated in the regularly scheduled maintenance"

that means that they do maintenance on the server at regular times, and it is common practice for just about every thing to also make any changes, improvements or additions during this time as the server is already down and being worked on it is preferable to add in stuff durring this time...

think of a car i take it for regular maintenance and they add new fluids i dont go back and ***** and complain they added new stuff behind my back trying to sneak it in, infact i expect that new items or stuff be added to maintain my car.

World
    Zeus
    You may have lost the game, but you do have the drama here to amuse yourself with.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arnoir View Post
    Anax_Basileus, I have indeed made errors in the dates as you have indicated and once again I admit it openly. October 6, 2012 was a Saturday and October 8, 2012 was a Monday as you have pointed out.

As I pointed out in my response to Milliecent, I had done cutting and pasting in an attempt to reduce the length of my post. This is most likely the source of my date related errors. With your eye for detail, I wonder how you could have missed it.

Was it intentional? (My apologies for handing that line right back to you, but it does fit your post just as well as it fits my own.)

Perhaps some people may find it difficult to take me seriously when I make an error in adding the correct the day of the week to a date. Perhaps some people may find it just as difficult to take you seriously when you quote the reference sources that I had provided in you first correction, and then fail to check the date of the post in question.

In case you missed it, I just answered your question about my errors being intentional or not. If I had intended to mislead people, I would hide the truth as best as I could, or eliminate any trace of it if possible. If I intended to mislead people I certainly would not have provided any data, direct or linked, which might be used to call any part of my post into question. Although I have made some errors with dates, I have admitted to making those mistakes, and explained how they most likely happened. I have also provided the means, via links, so that others may freely check and verify information provided by others.

Now let me help you out with your details for Arnoir bashing.

If you click on the little arrow to the right of "Originally Posted by BB_Katealyst" in my first quote, you will not be sent to the Zeus Server Emergency Maintenance page. There is a copy/paste error which sends you to the Still Having Issues After Rollback page.

If you click on the little arrow to the right of "Originally Posted by BB_meesherbeans" in my second quote, you will not be sent to the Zeus Server Emergency Maintenance page. There is a copy/paste error which sends you to the New Trade System Feedback page.

If you click on the little arrow to the right of "Originally Posted by BB_meesherbeans" in my third quote, you will not be sent to the Introducing our new Community Manager page. There is a copy/paste error which sends you to the New Trade System Feedback page.

If you click on the little arrow to the right of "Originally Posted by BB_meesherbeans" in my forth quote, you will be sent to the correct New Trade System Feedback page.

If you click on the little arrow to the right of "Originally Posted by Arnoir " in my fifth quote, you will be sent to the correct I Might Leave This Game...And So Should You... page.

Furthermore

If you check the first link you will find the thread is closed, with no option to reply with a quote. This is part of the reason copy/paste was necessary.

If you check the second link you will find the thread is also closed, with no option to reply with a quote. This is another part of the reason copy/paste was necessary.

Perhaps some people may find it difficult to take me seriously when I say the errors occurred during my copy/paste operations. However it may be a point of interest to those paying attention to detail, that all of the errors noted thus far, occur in relation to the first two linked threads which are locked and could not be directly quoted in my original post.

Arnoir

P.S. I'm secretly waiting for the spelling and grammar checks.

Recruit
    Quote Originally Posted by EpsilonSilver View Post
    You may have lost the game, but you do have the drama here to amuse yourself with.
    A statement that is both funny and true... nicely done. Thanks for the laugh.

Reply to Thread