Reply to Thread

Thread: New stack amount for new trade system

Noble
    World
    Zeus

New stack amount for new trade system

With the standard of the 400 stack gone, frame of reference is gone for how much to spend. Any amount or resources could be traded for any amount of coin. So determining if a trade is a good deal got more difficult. I propose a new "stack" amount of say 1000 be set to base trades on to give frame of reference. For example: Bread was about 10gc for 400 bread in old system, so that would equate to 25gc for 1000 bread. And now someone selling 25,000 bread should be asking 625 gc. Most trades seem to be in 1000 steps so it would make trading easier to have that be the new "stack." Now we just need price list based on 1000. Sadly I'm not familiar with enough prices to volunteer a list now.

OR

if no new stack, then that means someone (not me) has to come up with a cost in gc for each item on individual basis. For example: granite was about 1.5 gc for ever 1 piece of granite and with bread example it would be .025 gc for 1 bread. The math comes to .025 x 400 (stack of bread) = 10 gc

Recruit
    World
    Zeus
    I propose a new column in the trade window that calculates cost per unit ratio for you.

Veteran General
    World
    Zeus
    by using a ppk (price per k) it is easier to calculate per unit prices. assuming of course people are used to a base 10 number system.

Noble
    computer chair atm, but always at home in my head
    World
    Zeus
    who wouldnt be used to a base 10 number system? and i really dont get the problem some people are having w the simple math involved here. some1 plz just multiply the per stack prices by 2.5 on any trade spreadsheet, rename the header to 'per 1k', repost it, and be done w it so the ignorant can stop whining and we can all move on

Recruit
    World
    Zeus
    Quote Originally Posted by Arcain View Post
    With the standard of the 400 stack gone, frame of reference is gone for how much to spend. Any amount or resources could be traded for any amount of coin. So determining if a trade is a good deal got more difficult. I propose a new "stack" amount of say 1000 be set to base trades on to give frame of reference. For example: Bread was about 10gc for 400 bread in old system, so that would equate to 25gc for 1000 bread. And now someone selling 25,000 bread should be asking 625 gc. Most trades seem to be in 1000 steps so it would make trading easier to have that be the new "stack." Now we just need price list based on 1000. Sadly I'm not familiar with enough prices to volunteer a list now.

OR

if no new stack, then that means someone (not me) has to come up with a cost in gc for each item on individual basis. For example: granite was about 1.5 gc for ever 1 piece of granite and with bread example it would be .025 gc for 1 bread. The math comes to .025 x 400 (stack of bread) = 10 gc
    What made the transition easier for me was multiplying everything times 5.

400 bronze swords typically sold for 15 coins. So I posted 4 lots of 2000 bronze swords for 75 coins. Sold just fine. No spread sheet required.

If you want to do bigger lots, multiply times 10. 150 coins for 4000 bronze swords.

Art

Reply to Thread