Reply to Thread

Thread: Some improvements to Trade Office.

Soldier
    World
    Zeus

Some improvements to Trade Office.

I know, there's probably a dozen or more of these threads but I thought i'd weigh in on some issues that nag me.

#1.) Obviously there needs to be a revisit on what can be bought/sold. An example is that you cannot, at present request a 500 gold deposit. You can list one for sale, but if I wanted to buy them on my terms, and list say 200gc for a gold deposit, I can't because that option isn't there. The same is true of Motherly Love and Old Friends. i'm not even sure you can *sell* them either. Is this intentional? There's a few other items that can't be bought/sold as well. If we're going to have a trade system this robust it needs to include all items.

#2.) "You have sold 1 lot." ...of what? Is it impossible to code in a little block of marble and 5000? or the icon of say Witch of the Swamp? drop me an email? I hate having to go back and recheck what just got sold to see if i've got a slot open to sell something else. This probably isn't a big issue for most people as most people don't list more than 1 item, maybe 2... but when you're listing 11 items, it's helpful to know.

#3.) Price per stack. I know this one is more complicated because what is a stack now? 100? 1000? 10000? But there needs to be some sort of standard set and in doing so a cost assessment. So it would say:
    Marble | 10000 | 100 (10/stack) While it's great that we are free to post however much we want, a quick browse of the trade office in it's current state shows that most people are either A.) Idiots who can't do basic math B.) scammers or C.) people who just don't know how much they should be charging so they're undercutting the next guy who's already posting a crazy price because he doesn't know either.

#4.) The sorting issue needs to be fixed past page 1. There's workaround past it, but really, this shouldn't be hard to fix. (hit cost, then offer, then cost)

#5.) We should be able to refine our search to Offer / Cost. When I'm looking to buy marble, i don't really need to see the 100 or so offers of people who are looking to buy marble too. It's just needless and makes more work for me to sort through the offers.

#6.) This amount goes with this amount. I don't remember most of my programming days but i do remember you can have a field display in order by type. I.e.: 1 comes before 5, which comes before 10, which comes before 10,000. Seeing 1, 10,000, 2, 20,000, 50, 500, 50000... again, more work that could easily be fixed with some coding changes.

#7.) Multiple lot purchases. Nothing frustrates me more than seeing someone have a really good deal on the trade office, buying it, and having to ask them if they have more at that price because i can only buy one lot of it. If the person selling the item is selling 10 lots of it, and i want to buy 5 lots, i should be able to select that somehow and buy more. Otherwise i'm stuck hoping for another better deal.

As it is right now, because I sell at original Trade Tab prices instead of the ludicrous prices most everyone else is charging, i'm actually frequently asked if i have more at that price and having to cancel the order and relist for the full amount to satisfy a seller. I just want to sell my goods. i don't want to have to hope 4 people want it when 1 person could buy it out.

I'm sure there's more but that's all i can think of for now.

Soldier
    World
    Zeus
    #8.) Just noticed this one. When you've got multiple sales running, the order gets screwed up (see picture) Another bug to fix, i'll post this one in Tech Support too I suppose.

Reply to Thread