Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: I'm sure it's here somewhere

Recruit
    World
    Zeus

I'm sure it's here somewhere

I've been playing TSO for almost a year .... and now I need to change my email in my profile .... but I can't find the place or how to do that ... could someone point me to the right place please?

And, thank you.

World
    Zeus
    Settings tab on the top right hand corner beside notifications and my profile. Scroll down on left hand side edit email and password

Recruit
    World
    Zeus
    Thanks so much!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Recruit
    World
    Zeus
    When I try to change my email it says that the password I entered is incorrect. Any ideas? It's the same password I use to log into my account everyday, so I'm not sure why it's telling me that the password is incorrect.

Edit: I realize I can send a password request to my email, but the reason I'm changing my email is because I no longer have access to that email account.

Thanks in advance. Sorry for hijacking the thread, but it seemed more appropriate than starting a new thread.

Recruit
    World
    Zeus
    I guess no one knows the solution to my inquiry?

Recruit
    World
    Zeus
    sorry - i don't know the answer - i was able to change mine using my old email address and password ... hope you have better luck!

World
    Zeus
    Quote Originally Posted by Caviar View Post
    When I try to change my email it says that the password I entered is incorrect. Any ideas? It's the same password I use to log into my account everyday, so I'm not sure why it's telling me that the password is incorrect.

Edit: I realize I can send a password request to my email, but the reason I'm changing my email is because I no longer have access to that email account.

Thanks in advance. Sorry for hijacking the thread, but it seemed more appropriate than starting a new thread.
    Is it possible that someone else had access to your account and changed your password on you?

Recruit
    World
    Zeus
    Quote Originally Posted by Galaxia View Post
    Is it possible that someone else had access to your account and changed your password on you?
    Well, I'm able to log onto the game and my account using the password, but it says that the same password is incorrect when I try to use it to change my email. Maybe I'm not understanding something.

World
    Zeus
    I meant is it possible that some one changed your password on your email account, not your account here? Sorry should have been more specific

Recruit
    World
    Zeus
    Quote Originally Posted by Galaxia View Post
    I meant is it possible that some one changed your password on your email account, not your account here? Sorry should have been more specific
    Yes, unfortunately when I made my account to play this game I had used what I call a "gaming" account, which essentially receives a lot of spam and other nonsense. I'm sure somewhere along the line of me giving the email to a couple hundred websites it was "hacked" into, I guess you could say. Well, I went through another cycle of having the said account compromised and then having spam sent to people, Hotmail caught on and blocked the account, rightfully.

This is where the story takes a turn for the worst, you could say. Since I've grown accustomed to the routine of changing the password every so often for that email, for some reason the secondary email linked to my email was wrong. An oversight on my part perhaps, who knows. Anyway, I used nonsense information to create the account so when I tried to send a support ticket to retrieve my account they said that the information I provided them was insufficient to get my account back.

Not a big deal since I didn't have anything important on there anyway, but it unfortunately leads me to my current dilemma of not having a valid email for a game which I enjoy playing and have put a decent amount of money into.

Not only that, but since for some reason it's not accepting my password when I try to change my email, as you probably already know, sorry, the only second option I have is to send a ticket about the issue, which in turn puts me into a catch-22 situation since the email I have linked to this account is one I can't get into. You're probably laughing now, but bear with me. *clears throat* Anyway, here I am, in a rather unfortunate predicament which is, with my OCD, keeping me from really putting more time into this game.

Maybe it's a blessing in disguise, but I'd really like to sort this problem out so I can keep the good times rolling.

Thanks for listening.

Reply to Thread