Thread: why are you using guides?

Banned
    World
    Zeus

why are you using guides?

I never use guides here

World
    Zeus
    I never use guides, but I had to break down and use them on Metal Tooth and Chuck....felt so dirty afterwards I had to shower for a week. And, frankly, I was directed to the guides by my guild after asking what should I do to beat them. I agree, whats the purpose of playing a game if there's no strategy and thinking involved?

Recruit
    World
    Zeus
    Quote Originally Posted by barenski View Post
    I never use guides here, well Im a white water rafting/cayaking guide on occasion, but why do you use guides for this here game, i mean how low is your bar if you admit defeat when a retarded monkey on painkillers can play this
    Wow, you say you are a kayaking guide yet you can't even spell it correctly? How many people have drowned since you started teaching?

Recruit
    Guides are useful if you have limited time to devote to researching combat combinations for each camp in a zone. Those with limited time find they can actually finish adventures before the adventure timer ends.

Settler
    World
    Zeus
    Why stop at guides? Why use the results of anyone else's efforts, for anything? So barenski, go build your own house, after creating whatever tools you deem appropriate or necessary, gathering your own food along the way so you don't go hungry. You'll need to make your own clothes, so budget time for that as well. When you're done all that, come back & post about your results. Well wait - build your own electrical plant, computer, internet, etc., so you can log back in.

Soldier
    World
    Zeus
    ill tell you a secret, but you mustnt tell anyone, most combat simulators for this game have some sort of hall of fame with best solutions for every camp on every map
    lol Isn't that the same thing as using a guide? You're getting your troop setups from the "hall of fame" same way someone is getting their troop setups from a guide, it's just a different source.

World
    Zeus
    The way I see it, greater minds than mind have found the way.
    I shall gratefully follow.
    I am glad that someone took the time and effort to help me save time.
    Does this make me no smarter than a retarded monkey? Meh, perhaps, but at least I am not Canadian!!!!

Soldier
    kinda, but i put those numbers there, usually i run my own sims, because i fight with w/e fodder i have on the island, and then compare, it takes certain skill to hide your solutions from hall of fame

this is military sims and its military intelligence we are talking about here
    Exactly how much military intelligence does it require to tweak a combination from the hall of fame to match your current "fodder" situation in a simulator that somebody else has designed for you? And this is somehow less data entry than simply following a guide?

So, I guess to answer your question why anyone would want to do this... it is because they can afford to.
    Get more fodder bud, there are some pretty good guides out there.
    Most likely, much better than anything that you could come up with, based on what I've seen you write so far.

Soldier
    World
    Zeus
    if this game was new, i could see your point.
    The Hall of fame feature means that this game (which is basically just math) has been figured out.
    Once someone has figured out the optimal solution to a given problem, why try to re-invent the wheel?

Settler
    Lol

Reply to Thread