Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Trade Calculator

Settler
    World
    Zeus

Lightbulb Trade Calculator

Well, with the new trading system added to the game, I decided it was time to update the trade calculator I wrote a while back. My new trade calculator can be found at [link invalid - removed] and now supports the trading of Resources, Buildings, Buffs, Decorations and most other trade-able items.

Because the economies are different based on which server you are playing, the calculator allows you to choose which server you want the values for. Right now, I am supporting Zeus and Aries, but I will be adding servers for other countries and languages as soon as I can get accounts created on those servers and my level high enough to have a trade office to see trades and collect data.

The trade values are updated twice per day.

UPDATE 1: I am now supporting most of the game servers. Simply select your server from the drop-down at the top of the form.

UPDATE 2: I have added a ticker that shows current prices in gold coins for most items on a server at the top of the results window.

Zeus Server:
    [link invalid - removed]

Aries Server:
    [link invalid - removed]

Hope this helps.
    -Draxxon
    Last edited by mod_Magenta; 08-09-16 at 01:03 pm.

Noble
    World
    Zeus
    Your range is too much. You need to narrow the prices down like the old sim.

Recruit
    An item left off from the new trade calc is the mysterious adventure box

Settler
    World
    Zeus
    ZBest: The ranges are based on actual trades that I have gathered from the trade window. The Ratios are partially calculated via averages and Standard Deviations, and as more data is collected for those item:item trades, the ranges will narrow. The system *IS* correcting for the ridiculous trades such as 1 fish: 200 coins, but since I have only been collecting data for a short period of time, the ranges are still a little wide.

Uwanttoplay: The items shown are the ones that I have collected data for. If one is not on the list (there are still a bunch that aren't) it is because I haven't collected any trades for it yet. Again, as I am able to gather more information, then these items will appear as well. Take a look at the calculator for the Aries server to see what I mean. Since the more exotic items, or higher level items are not being traded much, they are not showing up yet. (Because I haven't seen them trade yet while I was online.)

Again, I have only been collecting data for a few days, so the ratios will settle down as more is gathered.

World
    Zeus
    I like what I see so far.

Recruit
    World
    Zeus
    Quote Originally Posted by barenski View Post
    and i should follow your prices because... ?

all your trade calculators are made to take advantage of noobs so they buy gems and sell you your beloved parrots
    He isn't trying to take advantage of anybody. He's not making up these prices, he's gathering what's put on the market by others and putting all that data together for us to use if we so desire. If you don't want to use the trade calc then don't.

Draxxon, you are my hero! *swoon*

Settler
    World
    Zeus
    lol, thanks.

Settler
    World
    Zeus
    Quote Originally Posted by barenski View Post
    and i should follow your prices because... ?

all your trade calculators are made to take advantage of noobs so they buy gems and sell you your beloved parrots
    Actually, the point of the trade calculator isn't so much to determine what you should sell for, but to see at a glance what the current (average) price of a resource is. Since the ratios are recalculated several times per day, this helps people to decide what they want to pay, and if someone is overcharging. The decision is up to them. As far as my trying to benefit from the calculator in any way, I've actually designed it to exclude my own trades so that I won't be influencing the numbers in any way. (Though I'll probably never convince you of that, or of the fact that I rarely buy parrots)

As for selling, it ALSO can be useful to see if you care charging too little for an item. I will soon be adding a "stock ticker" to the system that will show the current ratios compared with the ratios from the previous day so we can see if values are going up or down.

-Draxxon

World
    Zeus
    Very cool Thanks for all your hard work

- VC

Recruit
    [QUOTE=Draxxon;191952]ZBest: The ranges are based on actual trades that I have gathered from the trade window. The Ratios are partially calculated via averages and Standard Deviations, and as more data is collected for those item:item trades, the ranges will narrow. The system *IS* correcting for the ridiculous trades such as 1 fish: 200 coins, but since I have only been collecting data for a short period of time, the ranges are still a little wide.

Just wanted to comment about your comment about the "ridiculous trades" such as the 1 fish for 200 coins ... with the new 24 hour time frame ... some of those "ridiculous trades" are for things like loot spots for people that are not on each other's friends list yet. Yes ... there are some people still out there posting reverse trades trying to find the noob or non-attentive player (shame on them) ... but some are not. So when you are collecting your data ... might want to keep in mind those loot spots and other items from the auction sales that are still being posted in the TO to work around the 24 hour rule. Thanks for your hard work.

Reply to Thread