Thread: Vanishing Hut

Retired Community Leader ShuttlePilot's Avatar
    World
    Zeus

Vanishing Hut

My Pirate Hut has vanished !!

Could the pirates have become frightened after landing on an island where there are no women -- only animals and rollypolly men? Could they be from an advanced civilization with technology that enables cloaking devices?

OR....could there be a bug -- one that causes the Pirate Hut to vanish upon tearing down to move it? That seems unlikely given the stability of the game. Therefore, I'm now having to tax my pretty little blonde brain as to which of the other scenarios it might be......the alien technology seems the most plausible.

EDIT: and yes, I've reloaded browser, purged cache, [insert the usual standard help reply here], all to no avail.
    Last edited by ShuttlePilot; 11-05-12 at 08:16 am.
    Guild Leader, The Creators

That which does not bore me, makes me stranger...

Recruit
    World
    Zeus
    Same problem exactly. Not having a pretty little blond brain, I was forced to file a ticket :-)

Recruit
    My hut vanished so I bought one in TO and that one vanished as well.

World
    Zeus
    Your pretty blonde brain can rest. It was the tearing down of your pirate hut. You see when you do that it activates their cloaking technology. When you use the move option instead, their cloaking technology doesn't get activated. :-)

Retired Community Leader ShuttlePilot's Avatar
    World
    Zeus
    Quote Originally Posted by Fianait View Post
    Your pretty blonde brain can rest. It was the tearing down of your pirate hut. You see when you do that it activates their cloaking technology. When you use the move option instead, their cloaking technology doesn't get activated. :-)
    I see, (or rather don't see since it vanished and is therefore invisible) -- tearing it down activates its transporter (like all specialty items) and sends it off into the Star (menu, that is). My little blonde brain, can rest though after all because the ever vigilant Help Staff, know that it is indeed a bug and are now burning the midnight oil to fix it.

Whew!
    Guild Leader, The Creators

That which does not bore me, makes me stranger...