Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Economic Overview Guide

Banned
    World
    Zeus
    Does the econ calc still count buildings that are upgrading? Bc thats super annoying.

World
    Zeus
    Actually BB_meesherbeans, I've noticed that the grey/white arrow does appear on production chains that are active, so long as they're producing exactly enough to meet the demands of the next workshop as you can see with my current steel production (image below) which means the grey arrows don't just occur for the inactive production chains.

Recruit
    World
    Ares
    Good guide. Although as a newb, I was confused by the numbers that don't match up on one of the pictures. The sixth pic down from the top one on the thread has numbers that don't match what is written about it. Here is what is written:

If we click the Hardwood tree it will take us to a more in depth look at that specific resource. Currently we have a buff placed on the foresters, which is designated by the Green Star. The buff is allowing an additional 354 Hardwood Trees to be produced every 12 Hours. This brings our grand total to 779 Hardwood trees produced every 12 hours. Conversely, the consumption of hardwood trees to create hardwood is currently at 490 trees every 12 hours. This leaves us with an excess of 68 trees every 12 hours.

For example, it says 779 hardwood trees produced but it should be 592...maybe just one of a few small things but really confused me when I read it. There are other wrong numbers in that part of the post also.

Thanks again, overall this guide was helpful.

Recruit
    World
    Zeus
    Quote Originally Posted by Brucios View Post
    Good guide. Although as a newb, I was confused by the numbers that don't match up on one of the pictures. The sixth pic down from the top one on the thread has numbers that don't match what is written about it. Here is what is written:

If we click the Hardwood tree it will take us to a more in depth look at that specific resource. Currently we have a buff placed on the foresters, which is designated by the Green Star. The buff is allowing an additional 354 Hardwood Trees to be produced every 12 Hours. This brings our grand total to 779 Hardwood trees produced every 12 hours. Conversely, the consumption of hardwood trees to create hardwood is currently at 490 trees every 12 hours. This leaves us with an excess of 68 trees every 12 hours.

For example, it says 779 hardwood trees produced but it should be 592...maybe just one of a few small things but really confused me when I read it. There are other wrong numbers in that part of the post also.

Thanks again, overall this guide was helpful.
    I was also very confused by the quoted numbers and what was showing on the image. Made it very difficult to follow. Also there seems to be an image that isn't loading.

Recruit
    World
    Zeus
    What's weird is that at one point I had a water production chain that was in the red at 1k. So I started adding wells, Level II wells at that. I went back and my PC chain had changed to 3!! So I went back to add MORE wells thinking it was a mistake. Nope, it had gone to 6! And I went to see what that was all about and it was the Brews, Bread & the Stables sucking up all the water, of course. So I kept the # of water wells up anyway, thinking something was askew in the way I was reading the PC because then the BIG RED exclamation points went away from some of the Breweries & the one Stable so that was ok. Why was the PC saying that there was a water PC going into the RED when I ADDING wells?!

World
    Zeus
    The production chains shows two numbers at each stage. The upper number is the amount of resources of that type you currently own. The lower number is the balance of the product, the amount being produced minus the amount being used. The upper number may fluctuate with positive values as the production buildings create the resource and it has not yet been taken by the buildings that use it, even though it is net negative.

The red exclaimation points on the building themselves are due to there not being enough resources for the building to start a cycle. While you may have been adding wells, there still may have been more demand for water than those wells would provide. As the wells become active, which happens after it is built and a settler goes to it, it will start its cycle. Water will not be available until the first cycle is completed, and is then taken up by the other buildings. Once the other buildings are able to run, they will lose their exclaimation points.
    Magenta
    Community Moderator

TSO on Twitter & Facebook

Recruit
    World
    Zeus
    Seems none of the images show. May be that there was an expiry issue?

Reply to Thread