Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Economic Overview Guide

Economic Overview Guide

Hello, everyone! We have our latest guide for you: the Economic Overview. This gives you a great, in-depth look at one of the cool and interesting systems we've recently added to The Settlers Online. Feel free to read through it in its entirety, or check out our handy FAQ links if you have a specific question.

Happy Settling!
    Last edited by BB_meesherbeans; 11-09-12 at 02:36 pm.
    BB_meesherbeans
    Community Manager
    Follow us on Twitter | Like us on Facebook | Contact support

How do I access the Economy Overview?

To access the economy overview window click the Abacus in the lower left of the game UI. This will open up the Economy Overview.

Last edited by BB_meesherbeans; 11-09-12 at 02:30 pm.
    BB_meesherbeans
    Community Manager

So many symbols! What do all of the symbols mean?

Green - This indicates a balanced production chain that is producing only in the positive from all parts of the chain.
    • Green arrow up
      • This will indicate that your production chain is good (green), you have enough supplies coming in to properly and continuously make more goods
    • Green “Max”
      • This indicates your supply chain is good in much the same way as a green arrow pointing up; however the “Max” means you are currently topped off of this supply and no longer have room to make any more of the particular good. This will change after adding a new store house.

Yellow - This indicates that a workyard is producing but the supplying workyard does not provide as much resources as needed.
    • Yellow arrow up
      • The good is being produced, consuming more goods than the supplying workshop can provide, thus consuming supplies from the storage.
      • E.g. Flour is yellow: not enough wheat is being produced, but at the moment there is enough wheat in store to keep the mill producing more flour. This slowly drains the wheat supplies.
    • Yellow arrow down
      • The good is being produced, consuming more goods than the supplying workshop can provide, thus consuming supplies from the storage. But its production is not enough to satisfy the demand by other workshop, resulting in a negative balance.

Red - This shows that the demand for this resource is bigger than it’s production.
    • Red arrow down
      • This indicates that the resource is produced less than it is consumed.

White - This indicates no production chain at all.
    • White arrow right
      • A white arrow will indicate that there is no production chain, this will usually show on resources that can only be obtained through adventures, for example salt-peter or granite.
    BB_meesherbeans
    Community Manager

Okay, how do I use it?
    Let’s look at an example, as that is probably the easiest way to illustrate the uses of the economy overview. We already know some of the best ratios for production which can be found here. However, you can now see these production chains in motion thanks to the economy overview.
    BB_meesherbeans
    Community Manager

How do I know if my production is inefficient? How do I know what to change?
    If your production is inefficient you will see red in your production chain. In this particular case we need to build more wheat fields to balance out the production of flour. In the current chain there is no wheat being produced. Every 12 hours, 90 more Wheat is being consumed than is being produced.

Once we add a couple wheat fields, production increases. In this case we are now producing 187 wheat every 12 hours and flour production is demanding 90 of that 187 every 12 hours to produce 90 flour.

BB_meesherbeans
    Community Manager

Well, the Flour example was easy. Let’s take a look at a more detailed production chain: the production on Hardwood Planks.
    Let’s take a more in depth look at Hardwood Plank production by clicking Hardwood planks on the left side of the overview, and analyze the inputs/outputs that make it successful.

If we click the Hardwood tree it will take us to a more in depth look at that specific resource. Currently we have a buff placed on the foresters, which is designated by the Green Star. The buff is allowing an additional 354 Hardwood Trees to be produced every 12 Hours. This brings our grand total to 779 Hardwood trees produced every 12 hours. Conversely, the consumption of hardwood trees to create hardwood is currently at 490 trees every 12 hours. This leaves us with an excess of 68 trees every 12 hours.

Now let’s take a more in depth view of the hardwood production. At the current rate, our 5 sawmills are consuming 333 Hardwood every 12 hours. Our Cutters are able to produce 865 Hardwood every 12 hours leaving 532 Hardwood in our inventory. You will notice currently we have 2 buffs active on our cutters which increase Hardwood by 375 every 12 hours.

Last in our production chain to the final Hardwood Plank Product is the planks themselves. If we open up the Hardwood Plank production, you will see that we are able to create 333 planks every 12 hours. We currently consume 0 planks as these are used to build buildings and are not a constantly drained resource.

BB_meesherbeans
    Community Manager

World
    Zeus
    never knew you could do an in depth look into the productions of a certain building

I first came on here thinking it was a guide to how much every resource is worth in gc then looked closer at the name and thought duhhhh economy overview ty for the info

Recruit
    World
    Zeus
    Well...we do hope this will be a great help to the new player to arrange their production chain

World
    Zeus
    Just a quick error i saw, the "white" is really gray. not really something to point out, but, why not.

Noble
    World
    Zeus
    Did this ever get fixed so that moved buildings are reported properly?

Reply to Thread