Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Trade Office Guide

Trade Office Guide

Hi there, all! We have a new official guide to share with everyone. This guide focuses on explaining our new and exciting Trade Office system. The implementation of this system has made trading much more efficient and safer. It may be a little confusing to those who are unused to the interface, however. We pieced together this step by step guide to answer any questions as to how it works!
    Last edited by BB_meesherbeans; 11-12-12 at 01:27 pm.
    BB_meesherbeans
    Community Manager
    Follow us on Twitter | Like us on Facebook | Contact support

Where is this new Trade System?

In order to access our new Trade System, look at your menu bar and find the set of scales to the immediate left of your Star Menu. When you mouse over it, it will say Trade office:

When you click on the scales icon, our Trade Office window will appear. When you first open it, this is what you will see:

There are three tabs: Buying, Selling and History. The Buying tab is what displays by default when the window is opened. As you can see, there are four columns of information.
    • Offer – this is what other players are trying to sell to you
    • Cost – this is what they would like to receive in exchange for the trade
    • User – who is offering this trade
    • Time – when the trade will expire
    Last edited by BB_meesherbeans; 11-12-12 at 09:45 am.
    BB_meesherbeans
    Community Manager

How do I search for trades?

If you would like to see what trades are currently open on your server, click the green refresh button. This will show you all of the trades available to you at this time. It will also show you the filters that you can check on or off in order to change what you see when searching. For instance, the picture below shows a search for “iron sword” with everything but items deselected.

As you can see, it shows all trades that include iron swords, whether it is a trade that is looking to get or sell them. These are also by default shown in the order of which will end soonest (the time column shows when it will expire, using server time).
    Last edited by BB_meesherbeans; 11-12-12 at 09:46 am.
    BB_meesherbeans
    Community Manager

Can I sort the trades I find?
    Yes, you can! If you would like to sort by one of these columns, please click the top section of the column. For instance, this trade office window is set up to sort by username:
    BB_meesherbeans
    Community Manager

How do I accept a trade?

If you see a trade offer that you want to grab (for instance, this one that asks for 30 pumpkins in exchange for 400 iron swords), it’s easy to accept it! All you do is select it, then press the “Accept offer” button.

As you can see, the trade that is selected is a lighter color, and the “Accept offer” button lights up when a trade has been clicked on. Something to keep in mind is that there is no confirmation box when you click “Accept offer.” Please be completely sure you are comfortable with the trade you currently have selected.
    BB_meesherbeans
    Community Manager

What can I trade?
    You can trade a lot of different things, not just resources. Adventures, buffs, buildings and more. If you scroll to the bottom of your storehouse options, you will see these items as well:
    Last edited by BB_meesherbeans; 11-12-12 at 09:48 am.
    BB_meesherbeans
    Community Manager

How do I put up a trade of my own?

In order to offer your own trade in the Trade Office, you need to go to the Selling tab:

This is the place where you will be able to see all the currently open trades that you are offering, including the time left on them. If you click the “Place offer” button, you will be taken to a screen where you can dictate the exact trade you are looking to make.

There are three columns in the trade window: Choose offer, Place offer, and Choose price.
    • Choose offer – when you click select, you will then be able to choose what you want to trade away. This opens your storehouse, and you will be able to select exactly what you are offering. The small box to the left of your maximum number of resources is selectable, so that you can type in the exact amount you would like to trade (you can see it below “Steel swords” in this picture). Keep in mind that offering a trade will remove that number of resources from your storehouse. This means that if you offer to trade all of your wheat, you will have zero wheat in your storehouse to use.

• Choose price – this window is visually identical to the “choose offer” window, except that this is where you will decide what you want to receive from the trade. As a note, you cannot trade for more than your storehouse can hold. For instance, if you have a storehouse limit of 10,000 bread and currently have 6,000 in your storehouse, you cannot trade for more than 4,000 bread. It will not overflow to your Star Menu.
    • Place offer – this is the window where you will finalize the trade you want to create. You will notice that it says “1/4 free lots” in this screenshot:

Lots are essentially auction slots. They allow you to make one base trade (in this case, the eggs for soccer balls) and then create multiples of it all at once. If I wanted to make that exact trade four times, I would change the lots to 4/4. The default number of lots available to you at no additional gem cost is four. You do have the option to choose to purchase additional lots for gems. Clicking the “Add more lots” button below the number will allow you to purchase 12 more lots, for a total of 16:

Once you accept the confirmation, the number of available lots for this specific trade will increase to 16. Also please note that the “Add more lots” button is now greyed out, as we have purchased the maximum number of lots allowed for one trade:

Since I created four lots of the above trade, this will then show up as “x4” in my lot column of the Selling tab:

Click the red “X” to the right if you would like to cancel the trade. Keep in mind that this will cancel all remaining lots. Be sure you don’t want any more of those trades to be available. Just like canceling a trade with one lot, there will not be a confirmation window, so please be positive that you do not want to trade for those items anymore.

Once you have chosen your trade terms, you click the large button in the middle with the crates. This will add your trade to the Trade Office and make it public for anyone else to accept.
    Last edited by BB_meesherbeans; 11-12-12 at 12:55 pm.
    BB_meesherbeans
    Community Manager

Can I have more than one trade up at a time?

One of the great things about this system is that players can have multiple trades up at a single time. To do so, you go back to your selling tab:

Now you see that in order to place an additional trade, you can pay for it with a nominal fee of gold coins or gems. There will be a confirmation box that asks if you are sure you wish to purchase an additional lot (or trade slot) with your payment of choice. At this time, you will see the default Selling window appear and you can create your trade as shown above.
    BB_meesherbeans
    Community Manager

How long do trades last?

The default timer for a trade is currently six hours. After six hours, the trade will expire and you will receive your items back again. If you have more than one lot still available, all of them will have expired/returned.
    BB_meesherbeans
    Community Manager

What happens when a trade of mine has been accepted?

When a trade you have put up on the Trade Office is accepted by another player, you will get a message in the upper left corner of your screen (where you would normally receive mail notifications).

Your News tab in chat will also let you know that it was completed. The items will automatically be added to your storehouse once the trade has gone through. In addition to this, your history tab will also show successful trades. This allows you to keep track of what you have sold and bought.

BB_meesherbeans
    Community Manager

Reply to Thread