Closed Thread
Page 1 of 27 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Giving Thanks: Settlers Edition!

Giving Thanks: Settlers Edition!

Freshly baked pie was the best of all smells. Bob the Settler’s family farm had an amazing harvest this year, and the near-constant scent of pumpkin pie lingered through the house. As he walked toward the farm, his mind drifted to thoughts of what he was thankful for this year. The sun disappeared for a moment when a fluffy cloud rolled through the sky. It looked like there might be snow coming later that evening. The air smelled like it.

There was so much he could be grateful for having happened over the past twelve months, but there was one thing in particular that stood out. Bob lifted his eyes to gaze on their latest building, tall and round. That silo had already made things much easier on them; the time it took to store their grain was nearly halved. He had absolutely no idea why it appeared out of nowhere, completely built, but its arrival was fortuitous and timely. They would make it through the winter with ease this year.

The smell of turkey and pie wafts through the air, families and friends begin to gather, and the leaves have turned beautiful colors. It’s that time again, to take stock of all that has happened in the past year and share our thankfulness with others.

But what about our little Settlers? They must have things they’re thankful for as well! For this contest, we ask that you get into the mindset of one of your Settlers and share their thoughts on this holiday. Are they thankful for the nearly endless supply of beer? Maybe that really awesome Noble House that was just upgraded or the new gift basket that Aunt Irma dropped off last night? Regardless of what it is, give your characters a voice!

One grand prize winner will receive 1,000 gems and five lucky participants will receive 200 gems for their entries!

Prizes:
    • One grand prize of 1,000 gems
    • Five winners of 200 gems
    When
    • November 14th – November 30th at 11:59pm PST
    Rules
    • You must have one game account.
    • Underage players must get their parent’s permission first.
    • Do not use trademarked imagery from other games/IPs.
    • If there are inappropriate stories or poems, please report them via the "report post" function.
    • Do not use profanity or other inappropriate topics.
    • Participants agree that Ubisoft/Blue Byte are allowed to announce the winners and present their submitted works. Channels that may be used to announce the winners and show their work are the websites, forums, Facebook groups and Twitter channels of The Settlers Online.
    BB_meesherbeans
    Community Manager
    Follow us on Twitter | Like us on Facebook | Contact support

Recruit
    Thank you for the endless supply of sausage, bread, and water that i am able to eat.

Recruit
    Thank you for the Endless supply of unt Irma's baskets that I get from Aunt Irma' and her baskets after I upgraded my PH (Provisions House) to level 4..

Thank you also for the good Halloween event Can't wait for Christmas

World
    Zeus
    I thank you for the Mountains of flour i have On my island Oh and that Wells and fields don't Cost Building licenses.

And my guildies!

Recruit
    World
    Ares
    My settlers are greatful for all the bakeries and breweries, as well as well as the hunter who now has LOTS of turkey to hunt down

Recruit
    World
    Zeus
    Tim the handyman settler who had just finished fixing the copper smelter once again, was feeling a bit down today. Yes he had just completed another great deed and was looking forward to getting another bunny statue and gold star when he got home to his family and house just beyond the bakeries and mills, across the big lake in the middle of the island. But something just didn't seem right this year. What could it be, he thought? Troublesome thoughts of a feeling of continuous guilt of hording the loaves of bread, while walking through the soldiers barracks each day watching them beat and sent out to their deaths by the island master, perhaps? Yes this could be the melancholy holding Tim down today. Now filled with a pure and clean sense of hope he stepped up his walk and even started singing as he passed through the creepy area where the witch of the swamp use to linger (before the master of the island sent yet another overwhelming hoard of calvery and blood thirsty crossbowmen).
    Tim now finally reaching his destination of his glorious mayor's house (actually the small residential hut just to the right of the mayor's house that u can barely make out because of the huge overcasting shadow from the mayor's house) he opened the door where his family was awaiting, gold star and bunny statue in hands. He took up his two small children in his arms and said to them all, Let's go. To the storage house kids and bring 2 wheel barrows for we have more good tidings to carry out this year than any so far. So off they went they loaded loaves and loaves of bread up and trotting toward the officers barracks, started singing yet again medley's of an old song they learned when running into 7 little dwarves on some distant far away island. When arriving at the officer barracks and seeing beaten and bruised soldiers they explained to them this year they were all in for a feast. The soldiers eye's all widened, jaws dropped, and an overwhelming harmonic feeling of joy arose in the room. They gave three cheers to Tim and his family and pronounced, thus the best holiday yet. They gave much thanks and vowed to always protect Tim and his family for years to come stating the island master had never done anything like this for them.
    Yes it was a good day indeed. And Tim and his family returned to his humble little residence. Tim after tucking his kids into bed and kissing them goodnight returned to his room and lay there. (Sleep well Tim, let the sugarplums dance wildly tonight) good night to all and to all a goodnight.

Recruit
    World
    Zeus
    I am thankful for a whole lot of bread my bakery's have made for me! Also all the little fishy that float right into the fisherman's hands (not quite smart but oh well).

Settler
    World
    Zeus
    Thank you for keeping us employed and not taxing us, so we can pay our bills, feed our families and upgrade our buildings.

Recruit
    World
    Zeus
    At this time of Thanksgiving we pause
    to count our blessings.
    The freedom of this great
    country in which we live.
    It's opportunity for achievement.
    The friendship and confidence
    you have shown in us.
    For all of these things
    we are deeply thankful.
    Our best wishes for a
    Happy Thanksgiving

Recruit
    On this day there are many happy and blessed settlers thankful for a few spare loaves of bread to help welcome the wayfaring settler, wandering family and yes, even the retired bandit to our fold.

Closed Thread