Closed Thread
Page 19 of 27 FirstFirst ... 9 17 18 19 20 21 ... LastLast

Thread: Giving Thanks: Settlers Edition!

Recruit
    My settlers are thankful they are a part of the workers union. Because of this they can take their sweet time on their job and I can't fire them.

Recruit
    World
    Zeus
    Used to be pretty scary to live on my island - there were bandits EVERYWHERE, and they were merciless! No sooner would our crops be harvested than the bandits would come along and take every grain! Those were really rough times for us! Then this wonderful mayor came along and changed everything. He hired some great generals, and they went out and clobbered every one of those bandits! Now we live in peace and safety - now we even need silos to hold all of our harvests!! We are SO thankful for our new lives of peace and plenty! (And our mayor is no slouch - he is even travelling to other islands and clearing the nasty folk off of them, so that they will not be a threat to our island some day.) Life is good these days, and we are all giving thanks!!

Soldier
    World
    Ares

Giving Thanks...

"Hear ye, Hear ye. Hear ye! Our beloved Settler-General has proclaimed this coming Fourth Day as Holy Day - one devoted to Giving Thanks for all the Bounty that this New World has provided! Le there be a Great Feast where none in our Settlement go hungry on this day"

Mines and foundaries have already closed down, their workers gleefully pitching in to reap the bumper crop harvest! Woodsmen traded axes for bows and sought wild game, millers and bakers worked around the clock, and fishermen cast their nets far and wide! And yes, the taverns were full and the breweries struggling to keep up with the Holiday demand for Ale

Aye, there is much to give thanks for! Why, back in the day...

We came here as a small starving clan to this land of Plenty! Fertile soil readily sprouted grain, wild game was plentiful and our shoals brimmed with fish! With bodies fed and hale once more, we could look beyond merely existing in the Present, and actually plan a Future! Rich mines and plentiful buidling materials allowed us to build a village, and foundaries then armed our peace loving settlers to combat the plague of banditry so rife before our coming. We brought ideas and traditions from the Old World to this new, but we also adapted to this New World's ways.

"Technology" the young'uns call it - stone gave way to marble, bronze to iron! With the new coal deposits just discovered, there's even a fringe cult worshipping "Steampunk", whatever that is! But unlike the old world we left behind, ruined and eroded, these new lands will not only be enjoyed me and mine, but for countless generations to come! The "New Way" preaches reuse and rebirth of resources - not depletion. Farming is now a science, as is animal husbandry. And the reforestation is a joy to see - much more pleasing to see young sapling rather than tree stumps! Aye, this land will be Home to the Settlement for many a year!

:::Sigh::: Looks around the Feasting Hall, and notices the bored but hungry looks on so many of the faces. "Enough with speechifying, my good Settlers - pass me a turkey leg! And Wench, an Ale !"

Recruit
    World
    Zeus
    My settlers are thankful for the wonderful new roads that have been added to the island. My settlers were tired of wiping mud from their shoes! :P

Recruit
    World
    Zeus
    We are all very thankful for... Soup beans. We really like soup beans.

Banned
    World
    Zeus
    I am thankful for what I have
    Family and friends, good times and bad
    Sometimes I want to run away
    So to Settlers I do go and play
    But regardless no matter what I see
    I am happy and thankful to be me

So be grateful for what you have
    Even on the days that you feel sad
    Just remember tormorrow is another day
    Be thankful that it has come your way.

Recruit
    World
    Zeus
    My Settlers are thankful they have jobs, and are not getting sent out to die like the military do.

Recruit
    World
    Zeus
    I am greatful that I am Canadian and was done cleaning the Thanksgiving dishes at least a couple of weeks ago

Recruit
    World
    Zeus
    May your stuffing be tasty
    May your turkey plump,
    May your potatoes and gravy
    Have nary a lump.
    May your yams be delicious
    And your pies take the prize,
    And may your Thanksgiving dinner
    Stay off your thighs!

World
    Ares
    I am thankful for my guild. The members of my guild are kind and thoughtful and they make this the best game ever!

Closed Thread