Closed Thread
Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: 11111 vs 1111 scam and 21111

World
    Zeus

Exclamation 11111 vs 1111 scam and 21111

Hopefully they will add commas to the number system in trade so that this wont be a issue soon. But for now it is. and I feel that I need to post a few screen shots.

http://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphoto...32182109_o.jpg
    11111 is a bit shorter than 4 digit numbers that don't have 1's in them

http://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphoto...21004758_o.jpg
    Notice how much shorter 11111 appears to be than the 10000 right above it

Here are 2 examples of 21111

http://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphoto...49780040_o.jpg

http://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphoto...72257247_o.jpg

Recruit
    World
    Zeus
    Not sure if taking advantage of people who don't pay attention is a scam, but I guess you could call it that.

Settler
    World
    Zeus
    funny how so many people call it a scam when the price is right in front of you. Its amazing how many people cant tell the difference between a 4 digit number and a 5 digit number. I think those people should quit this game and go back to the 3rd grade to complete it. BTW its not a scam when you can cleary see the asking price in front of your face

World
    Zeus
    So would you be happy if I called it a misleading post.
    Also by your logic reverse trading was also not a scam.

scam - definition
    1. A fraudulent business scheme; a swindle.
    2. A fraudulent or deceptive act or operation
    3. A confidence game or other fraudulent scheme, especially for making a quick profit; swindle.

I think it fits pretty well, don't you?

Settler
    World
    Zeus
    misleading post no and definitely not a scam. Its stated clearly how much the asking price for. To me and my own opinion is its someone who is asking a certain price, a higher price then normal but in no way a scam or misleading. There isnt a hidden cost or anything like that. Its right in front of us how much a person wants. No matter if it is a lower price then normal or higher. In real life if you see something that you consider high you dont buy it, the same principle applies to here. A scam would be someone selling you something on here like a loot spot, you pay for something with the promise of something in return for it and never get it, thats a scam and misleading. What you are talking about is people not paying attention to there actions which is there own fault if they dont like the aftermath of there mistake.

World
    Zeus
    If you need I'll post the definitions of fraudulent and swindle as well, but since you are clearly past 3rd grade i don't think I should have to.

And YES by definition it is a SCAM.

Settler
    World
    Zeus
    lol its amazes me how people like you and others consider something a scam when the price is right in front of you with NO hidden cost. People choose to buy something, just because it is priced higher then your liking doesnt make it a scam. If some was priced 111 I bet you wouldnt complain and spend countless hours making threads about it. It isnt a scam, just people crying cause it doesnt suit there liking. The price is stated in every trade and its clear how much they are asking for.

Veteran General
    World
    Zeus
    I'd hate to be a new member in their guild. They wouldn't know to not trust half the EMP members.

EMP has taken over the spot from VIP3 as the guild to avoid, with a complete lack of integrity approved and lauded by their guild leader.

BTW if anyone needs a tunnel dug, EMP clearly enjoys creating and taking the low road.

Recruit
    World
    Zeus
    the point is that it's an exploit of the trading font used and lack of commas. it's no accident to use the 1's to try and make your trade look so much different than what it is. if you wanted 20000, 21000, 22000 for something then post it that way. when you look down a column of 2000-3000 then see what looks like 2111 because it is virtually the same width you are lead to believe its not 10 times that.

exploit: to make use of meanly or unfairly for one's own advantage.

scam: a fraudulent or deceptive act or operation.

Settler
    World
    Zeus
    you wouldnt have to worry since i dont take new members. My guild has been together for over 3 years on online games and have always come out ahead. Keep crying and whining and when pvp comes then you can cry about that. The difference between my guild and others is we dont jump ship and have more determination then anyone else. We dont spend hours looking at trades and whining then make silly threads cause you cant read correctly, we continue to level up and improve. My views wont change, I dont care about other guilds or what children like you say. Bad mouth us all you want we dont care, we laugh at people like you.

Closed Thread