Closed Thread
Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Thread: 11111 vs 1111 scam and 21111

Recruit
    World
    Zeus
    That is right Draconus, and that is also why your insurance company would not reimburse for the damage or should not, as a matter of fact. lol

Recruit
    World
    Zeus
    Quote Originally Posted by Draconus2004 View Post
    Repeat series exercise one would notice quickly. One key element of this scam was its reliance on only being a one-off occurrence. Someone is not going to get taken by it 2 days in a row.

The pricing of 11111 goes against basic pricing psychology. How often do you see prices ending in 1 or 11? When there is competition between different sellers, appearance of being significantly cheaper is important, thus why a car is advertised as 17,999 instead of 18,111. If the real price is 18,111, that extra 112 will be added through fees hidden in the contract signed.

Don't argue, the attempt was meant to deceive by trapping someone not paying full attention. Look up literature on how people read, and it helps to explain why this sort of thing works. Go look up one of those things that has all the first and last letters the same, but some of the middle letters out of order. That is how this works, by having the mind trick the eyes into their not being an extra 1 in the middle as 2111 would be a more natural price then 21111.

Its a scam because of the intent, rather then just free pricing.

Quite easy to conclude thus that a fair number of EMP members suffer from moral depravity. You might be right that this is not against terms and conditions, but it is certainly immoral and an attempt to cheat others.
    hidden fees? that sounds like the scam to me, here theres no hidden fees, its PRICED RIGHT IN FRONT OF YOU.
    oh on the note of scams, i posted noble deeds for 400 granite, i suppose that a scam? because you cant afford it or you think its too higH? i'll even change it to 399 or 411. the thing is ITS MY PRICE I SET, i'll be damned if i bow to your wishes and price stuff to your wants and needs.

Recruit
    World
    Zeus
    Quote Originally Posted by Emsjeff View Post
    It is a lot simpler than all this.. if you are posting a trade that you KNOW is not within normal price lines, you can expect to not sell your item. HOWEVER, if you knowingly try (in whatever fashion) to disguise that trade, you are fraudulent. Simple. Sure, buyer beware, but if you went to a store, grabbed an item, and went to pay for it, and the cashier says, that will be $11111 dollars please, you would take it back, question the ethics of the store and likely not return. But in this scenario, you cannot. These people exploit the system and others. Whether it be a major or minor thing, it is still a scam. All these insults and getting personal comments are unnecessary.
    you ever hear the term supply and demand? guess what we demand our prices that we set by setting those trade. if you want to supply that demand, then do so by hitting the ACCEPT TRADE, otherwise SHOP ELSEWARE

Recruit
    World
    Zeus
    Quote Originally Posted by Draconus2004 View Post
    Repeat series exercise one would notice quickly. One key element of this scam was its reliance on only being a one-off occurrence. Someone is not going to get taken by it 2 days in a row.

The pricing of 11111 goes against basic pricing psychology. How often do you see prices ending in 1 or 11? When there is competition between different sellers, appearance of being significantly cheaper is important, thus why a car is advertised as 17,999 instead of 18,111. If the real price is 18,111, that extra 112 will be added through fees hidden in the contract signed.

Don't argue, the attempt was meant to deceive by trapping someone not paying full attention. Look up literature on how people read, and it helps to explain why this sort of thing works. Go look up one of those things that has all the first and last letters the same, but some of the middle letters out of order. That is how this works, by having the mind trick the eyes into their not being an extra 1 in the middle as 2111 would be a more natural price then 21111.

Its a scam because of the intent, rather then just free pricing.

Quite easy to conclude thus that a fair number of EMP members suffer from moral depravity. You might be right that this is not against terms and conditions, but it is certainly immoral and an attempt to cheat others.
    I 'love' when people talk about morality. Whose standards? Yours? Someone else's? l find this ironic. No, the real reason for this thread is to bash other guilds...As a matter of fact, if the game developers have decided to add a comma in the pricing system, it is probably because they saw the flaw...If you need to blame anyone, talk to them. Until then, we are the 11111 guild and proud to be...

Settler
    World
    Zeus
    Quote Originally Posted by Sapho View Post
    I 'love' when people talk about morality. Whose standards? Yours? Someone else's? l find this ironic. No, the real reason for this thread is to bash other guilds...As a matter of fact, if the game developers have decided to add a comma in the pricing system, it is probably because they saw the flaw...If you need to blame anyone, talk to them. Until then, we are the 11111 guild and proud to be...
    There is a basic standard of morality...though there is a group of people that make up about 5% of the population that have no morals (they really don't and are incapable of it, and as such truly don't understand it).

And yet again, it's blame someone else. This time it's blame the developers, before it was blame the victim. As I said before, it's never their fault (and they really believe that)

Recruit
    World
    Zeus
    Quote Originally Posted by Falconwolf View Post
    There is a basic standard of morality...though there is a group of people that make up about 5% of the population that have no morals (they really don't and are incapable of it, and as such truly don't understand it).

And yet again, it's blame someone else. This time it's blame the developers, before it was blame the victim. As I said before, it's never their fault (and they really believe that)
    We are not the ones who started the blaming game, and my point is that, for people who make it a national sport to blame others, maybe, just maybe, they should look at the development part instead of the users. Your point is moot.

Settler
    World
    Zeus

your a baby

Settler
    World
    Zeus
    Quote Originally Posted by Sapho View Post
    We are not the ones who started the blaming game, and my point is that, for people who make it a national sport to blame others, maybe, just maybe, they should look at the development part instead of the users. Your point is moot.
    No, the point is not moot. It is you that chooses to be deceptive in your trades, not the game, not the developers, YOU! No one makes you be deceptive, that is your choice, and in so doing you are scamming other people.

Besides, all you are doing is what I said you would do...never take responsibility and just continue to blame others...in this case us that post here, like you said, we started it so it must be our fault right? Never your fault!!!!

World
    Zeus
    No, the point is not moot. It is you that chooses to be deceptive in your trades, not the game, not the developers, YOU! No one makes you be deceptive, that is your choice, and in so doing you are scamming other people.

Besides, all you are doing is what I said you would do...never take responsibility and just continue to blame others...in this case us that post here, like you said, we started it so it must be our fault right? Never your fault!!!!
    I do believe the only victim here is myself for being called a scammer and a cheater. If you look back I accepted responsibility for calling someone an idiot and apologized to the mod. She had obviously been here several times since her posting was altered at least 3 times that I am aware of. So you can't blame the guy getting the finger pointed at them being accused of scamming someone saying they won't accept fault. I already proved you wrong about that, I do accept fault when I am at fault.
    As for your so called VICTIMs they never asked me for a refund. The only problem I see is that they got mad at themselves to go on a rampage about it here at the forum. I think instead of you thinking it's the accused for being at fault, those you call the victims should admit the blame for doing something they didn't want to do if they really didn't want to do it, but so far not a one thread of the sort has been made by any of those so called VICTIMs even though this isn't the first time I suggested that here.
    Also If the mods were really concerned about catching scams and cheaters then they should check the IP addresses of all those that posted here and see how many alternate accounts we have adding to this subject. Some sound alot alike, a little too much so to be different people. That's just my opinion of course but it's no different than them calling me a scam and cheater. It's just their own opinion nothing more until the game gods put the hammer down and change it.

The only thing I might argue other than the above is what is worse? Someone calling someone else a cheat and a scammer for doing nothing wrong. Or someone calling someone an idiot because they did something they didn't intend to do but then goes off in a rage saying they need to fix the game because they can't count numbers. Both are wrong to do here in the Forum and instead of a mod spanking one side and not the other is somewhat unfair. Who pays the most to play might be a factor there. Again my opinion.

Recruit
    World
    Zeus

No, I am not deceptive in a trade that is 'allowed'. Like I said, you are making a judgment that has no real foundation other than in your 'perception' of what 'should be' and what 'should not be'. Keep your 'moral judgments' for yourself, they have no place in this game.

Closed Thread