Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10

Thread: Dev Diary Update 11/20

Recruit
    World
    Zeus
    Whats the point of having a 24hr wait period to be able to trade new friends?
    I do not like this and I'm sure many others agree with.
    Please h please get rid of the feature it serves no purpose and is rather pointless.
    Thank you,
    Timalanjr

Noble
    computer chair atm, but always at home in my head
    World
    Zeus
    Quote Originally Posted by TwinBreaker View Post
    ...I am sure all the high levels are well equipped and geared and will start pouring massive troops into the islands and start destroying each other. While you want to sit on your lily posterior and click twice to grow wheat and come out even with them.
    ...The winning side will get extra resources, the loser will end up worse than he started. Perfect chance for smart peaceful merchants to strike!

From my point of view, I feel sorry for PvPers :P
    lol, 'sit on your lily posterior and click twice to grow wheat' =D i love tht lmao

depending on how exactly PvP is implemented, i may or may not participate in it. if the island im spposed to defend can be attacked while im offline, i most likely will not. even if it can be me and 2 other guildies going into it together, w a possibility of a max of 3 enemies attacking us, i probly still wont, as if just 1 of us is offline when they attack, my 2 allies probly wont stand a chance against 3. idk tho, will have to wait and see how it all gets done. so far i've been balancing between the merchant side of the game and building up my army to blow thru adventures quickly. so not too sure which side i'll fall on yet

Settler
    World
    Zeus
    Your island will not be attacked in PVP, no one's island is going to be under threat. PVP will be held on another island just like the adventures are run & you go to that island to attack another player.
    More detail can be found here:
    http://forum.thesettlersonline.net/t...y-Update-11-20

World
    Ares
    Quote Originally Posted by Lamosos View Post
    Come on, guild coins?
    Aside from that, looking forward to kicking some аss.
    Shame, of course, that other people's islands cannot be conquered, towns pillaged.
    Oh well.
    I like that you can have a "safe" zone, that way competition for the controllable islands is increased, and the game doesn't degenerate into a who has the biggest credit card type bang fest, like in so many other "Empire" building MMO. I used to play a game back in the mid 90s called Airwarrior that used this scenario, and player competition for the controllable Areas was always high, and even casual players could compete. Player retention and loyalty was very high as well. In fact The game still exists although now it is called Aces High, and some of the players are still around from the earlier AW crews.

World
    Ares
    Quote Originally Posted by Grognard View Post
    Regarding the banking of XP for lv50 players, I'd suggest capping it, so they can't get too big a jump. Maybe 2-3 levels worth.

I agree with this idea. Instead of penalizing the long time capped players by abolishing any accumulated although not awarded xp, then let it apply at a set rate. Something maybe along the lines of, they are allowed to go up in levels at 1.25 times the rate of a player that is growing naturally by doing quests, adventures, and /or PvPing. That way they don't feel slighted at all and the game still remains competitive, (i.e. no sudden level 90 players the day after the cap is lifted).

Noble
    World
    Zeus
    Quote Originally Posted by JimRat View Post
    I agree with this idea. Instead of penalizing the long time capped players by abolishing any accumulated although not awarded xp, then let it apply at a set rate. Something maybe along the lines of, they are allowed to go up in levels at 1.25 times the rate of a player that is growing naturally by doing quests, adventures, and /or PvPing. That way they don't feel slighted at all and the game still remains competitive, (i.e. no sudden level 90 players the day after the cap is lifted).
    I think 'capped' experience should be credited in other ways. Like every 5000 capped XP earned gains 1 gem -- or every 200 capped XP earned gains 1 granite -- or every 500 capped XP gains 1 map fragment.

Recruit
    World
    Ares
    Fix the current game before you add more problems!!!!!!!!!!!!

Recruit
    World
    Zeus
    hmmm!