Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Dev Diary Update 11/20

World
    Zeus
    One of the things that drew me to this game and keeps me here, is the continual development. I can tolerate bugs/glitches, as long as I know there's always something new to look forward to.

Recruit
    World
    Zeus
    Originally Posted by Rarelyhere
    I would like to see you implement a peace mode for the non pvp players that will still allow them to progress as quickly as the ppl who chose to go pvp. There would be one restriction in that once you choose non-pvp mode you cannot go pvp. Otherwise pvp mode is available to you. Switching to non-pvp mode would result in the loss of all captured and controled territory outside your home island. The main reason i like this game is because it is non-pvp. Going with pvp and rewarding ppl with extras that are not available to non-pvp ( peaceable players) gives the pvp'er an advantage in developement. Id prefer to not see the game go pvp but if you must you must.

Dident you see this?

Economic Adventures

This new type of adventure will feature challenges with little to no combat. Instead, they will contain difficult objectives for traders and economy buffs. Tightly balanced constraints such as starting resources, time limits, and limited building licenses will provide the challenge for these adventures. There will be rewards for the main goal, with bonus items attainable by completing optional side quests.

the above bold is quoted from The_Director. SRY i havent done quotes before and wasent sure how to proceed.

its also available to the pvp'er so there is still an imbalance. this is the first decent non-pvp game i have had the pleasure to play. It's always the pvp'ers who yell for pvp and because the peaceable or pve- co-operative players tend to be quiet as they are not confrontational. Well its time for us to speak up and say something. Lets keep one game for ourselves instead of it being ruined by demands for pvp content.
    Last edited by Rarelyhere; 11-20-12 at 09:40 am. Reason: didnt set up quote properly

Settlers Guide
    World
    Zeus
    Its good to see that the game is still being supported with new stuff on the way. There is hope for the future and it looks brighter than I thought.

World
    Zeus
    Quote Originally Posted by BB_meesherbeans;194095[FONT=Verdana

Raising the Level Cap
    [/FONT]

The max level cap (which is currently 50) will be raised in the future. Please keep in mind that you won't be able to stack experience in your mailbox in preparation for when this happens. When we do raise the level cap, all XP stored as messages in your mailbox will be deleted if it's older than two weeks.

I was wondering why this is being done... Seems silly to me. Even though im not at the lvl cap I know players that are. Most of which have been here awhile or spent money to get there, but this seems completely unfair. They played for countless hours trading, adventuring even though they couldnt lvl up. used their resources and spent money to do it.... why are yall throwing that all away? It's completely idiotic! You are just driving away players who who palyed for awhile...
    Creator of the Old TSO Guide List, which is now in xMISTY's control..
    Joined Aug.8.2011

World
    Zeus
    Quote Originally Posted by Rarelyhere View Post
    Originally Posted by Rarelyhere
    I would like to see you implement a peace mode for the non pvp players that will still allow them to progress as quickly as the ppl who chose to go pvp. There would be one restriction in that once you choose non-pvp mode you cannot go pvp. Otherwise pvp mode is available to you. Switching to non-pvp mode would result in the loss of all captured and controled territory outside your home island. The main reason i like this game is because it is non-pvp. Going with pvp and rewarding ppl with extras that are not available to non-pvp ( peaceable players) gives the pvp'er an advantage in developement. Id prefer to not see the game go pvp but if you must you must.

Dident you see this?

Economic Adventures

This new type of adventure will feature challenges with little to no combat. Instead, they will contain difficult objectives for traders and economy buffs. Tightly balanced constraints such as starting resources, time limits, and limited building licenses will provide the challenge for these adventures. There will be rewards for the main goal, with bonus items attainable by completing optional side quests.

the above bold is quoted from The_Director. SRY i havent done quotes before and wasent sure how to proceed.

its also available to the pvp'er so there is still an imbalance. this is the first decent non-pvp game i have had the pleasure to play. It's always the pvp'ers who yell for pvp and because the peaceable or pve- co-operative players tend to be quiet as they are not confrontational. Well its time for us to speak up and say something. Lets keep one game for ourselves instead of it being ruined by demands for pvp content.
    While im not too big on PvP, the game will die without it.

And, they do give you the abilty to play without fighting. because of this, the game wont become war raged like so many other games.

Realy your argument is good, but it wont work here.

Recruit
    World
    Zeus
    Raising the Level Cap

The max level cap (which is currently 50) will be raised in the future. Please keep in mind that you won't be able to stack experience in your mailbox in preparation for when this happens. When we do raise the level cap, all XP stored as messages in your mailbox will be deleted if it's older than two weeks.

Seriously, All of the level 50 players are trying to stay active and find resaons to stick with the game. You promise new content but tell them that all the work they've done won't accumulate. I'm upset on thier behalf. Don't you want your players to stay, to stay active while they wait, to not *ahem* GO ELSEWHERE?

Recruit
    World
    Zeus
    His logic is sound. There is an imablance (as described) in the (allegedly) soon to be imlpemented PvP. And unfortunately he is also right, tht because most players who play and desire non PvP are relatively more passive, they speak out less for what they want. Hopefully BB has a plan to make it enjoyable for all types of players, but if they can't, I'd rather see no PvP. There are massive amounts of PvP games you can go play if thats your fancy. Leave this one alone BB if you can't do it right.

Recruit
    World
    Zeus
    Looks good cant wait

World
    Zeus
    Quote Originally Posted by Necrom View Post
    Raising the Level Cap

Seriously, All of the level 50 players are trying to stay active and find resaons to stick with the game. You promise new content but tell them that all the work they've done won't accumulate. I'm upset on thier behalf. Don't you want your players to stay, to stay active while they wait, to not *ahem* GO ELSEWHERE?
    Also fair argument, but rember, they have to change the "slope" on how fast you can level up. also they dont want you to move too quickly. have you ever played on a test server? you will find that many players will make more mistakes trying to level up quickly then if they took a month to get to the top.

Its realy fair allround.

World
    Zeus
    Quote Originally Posted by Necrom View Post
    His logic is sound. There is an imablance (as described) in the (allegedly) soon to be imlpemented PvP. And unfortunately he is also right, tht because most players who play and desire non PvP are relatively more passive, they speak out less for what they want. Hopefully BB has a plan to make it enjoyable for all types of players, but if they can't, I'd rather see no PvP. There are massive amounts of PvP games you can go play if thats your fancy. Leave this one alone BB if you can't do it right.
    Sorry, but removing PvP forever will destroy the BB's paycheck. you wont get far boo-ing PvP

And anyway, its not like you are limited to PvP. like i said you can level up other ways.