Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Zone Crashed

Recruit
    If you've got a locked zone. Send a ticket to support......................and wait.

Recruit
    World
    Zeus
    Yea, I'm having the same problem. Every time I try to log on it would say Server zone crashed in a little box. Day 2 of not being able to log. And yes I did everything they said, clearing cache, re-logging and the works. Nothing works so far.

I am having this issue now
    FANTASTIC
    War doesn’t determine who’s right. War determines who’s left...

Settler
    World
    Zeus
    It probably would have been smart to lock the servers for this EOTW event so no new accounts could be created, just for the week or so. Or put out a note that said all accounts created after XX/XX/XX date would have no bearing on the contest. All people from other servers have to do is go to your server and create a few hundred bogus accounts and screw up your percentage to win the contest. And ya I bet there are people cheesy enough to do that, and it might cause load problems on these already unstable servers as a side effect.

Quote Originally Posted by Kvasir View Post
    All accounts created after XX/XX/XX date would have no bearing on the contest. All people from other servers have to do is go to your server and create a few hundred bogus accounts and screw up your percentage to win the contest. And ya I bet there are people cheesy enough to do that, and it might cause load problems on these already unstable servers as a side effect.
    Um... that IS the case. Numbers aren't affected by new accounts, anyone who has told you such is lying to upset you.
    BB_meesherbeans
    Community Manager
    Follow us on Twitter | Like us on Facebook | Contact support

Recruit
    Quote Originally Posted by Deichgraf5 View Post
    Is BB going to ensure that the same problems don't accrue as have happened on the German server. Hundreds of players can't access their Islands because of problem.There are over 200 posts alone in the forum. With the window "Tip of the day" there appears a small window "Zone Crashed". A statement from BB will be issued tomorrow.
    The Question still remains, why aren't the problems ironed out before they are put on the International servers. The problem was known of, as the up date was played on to the Polish server. The problems were put down as "minor hiccups". The whole thing has wider ramifications for BB. These "hiccups" are definitely not good PR.

The state at the moment on the German server is that the game is playable (only just). There is a lot of server lagging, I can only hope this will cease when the Christmas event is over. Of course there are lots of players on line at the moment doing the end of world Adventure.
    I'm looking forward to PVP

For those affected. If you have sent a ticket to support, your Island will hopefully be unlocked with the next maintenance. Good luck.

Recruit
    Update 10.01.2013

Hi guys, a happy New Year to you all.

A few words now to close the subject. BB did finally see that that mistakes were made and as always the Statement that the servers could not handle the load.

BB has now promised to better the situation by adding additional servers and by opening a 12th world to relieve the server loads. Also they have played a number of hotfixes into the game.

This morning the game played ok, with minimum delays. There are still "Locked Zones" appearing, but not as many as before. As far as I know there is a tiny percentage of players that hat to be reset to lvl 0, although I know of none personally. There are still delays in buffing a building, sending a Geo on the way or an Explorer. Moving a Gen around on the home Island works well. It’s 2pm on a normal Thursday (the day after maintenance) here in Germany (a lot of players working) so the servers are not running at 100% load. If the performance changes in the evening I’ll edit my post. If not it’s fingers crossed ‘till Easter. ;-)

Edit 8pm

Just like I thought. It takes about 15sec for a buff to register also the same time for a General to move after he is giver the order.

Take care.
    Deichgraf5

Reply to Thread