Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: golden parrots

Soldier
    World
    Ares

golden parrots

I'm sure we all appreciate Atomic Kitten's explanation ("that's that!) and his/her humor ("...I was ignored. Me!! Ignored!!").

We all know it's unfair to newer users, and it's not the first time Ubi has done such things, nor, alas, the last I'm afraid.
    No doubt Kitten received his gems earlier in the game, when they were more sorely needed. Telling people to suck it up isn't really helpful.

My other issue is that golden parrots do not appear in the trade office. Every other type of buff does, along with every gem item that is not a limited purchase: noble deeds are available, for example.

Please at least correct this. Eliminating parrots from the TO will not stop their trade, it simply makes it more difficult.

The least you could do, BlueByte. Ubi may design the game, but you guys market it, make this right.

World
    Zeus
    golden parrots do not appear in the trade office
    Golden parrots are there... they just are not called by there name.."golden parrot" they show up as a 500 gold depo... If I am reading your question correctly... or is it that you want them to show up with the golden parrot name?

Settler
    World
    Zeus
    I was under the impression that the 500 gold depot was recieved as a reward from adventures...

Of course I've never purchased a golden parrot from the shop so I don't know how the item is recieved in the star menu.

I've always spent my gems on building licences.

If buying a golden parrot gives a player a 500 gold depot then the mix up is understandable.

World
    Zeus
    You can receive them as loot drops as well... but essentially they are the same thing... as in respect to the amount of gold being deposited.... Only difference is one costs gems, the other costs recruits lol... Not sure as to why it would matter which is which, other than I guess people may feel they are being ripped off when buying a 500 gold depo, not knowing whether or not it came from an advent or gems..

As for how they show up in the star menu they show up as they are pictured in the TO.... as a 500 gold depo..

Soldier
    World
    Ares
    i do not see a gold deposit, or a golden parrot, or anything similar as an option in TO

perhaps i should change my eyeglass prescription

just for fun i attempted to enter a "sell" trade. I selected one fish as my "i will give you..." item. then you get to select the second item, right?
    the one you wish to buy. I saw all "storage" items, beginning with pine wood all the way through cannons as my choices.

After that, the choices showed all the adventures (including the mystery adventure box), after that came buffs, starting with fish plates, then meat and fish deposits, then guild coin items (like the roasted duck).

Then gems items: drill plan, love potion, efruit basket, flying settler, cheese sandwich, noble deed, artesian well, packed wheatfield, watermill, silo,
    friary.

Then decorative items like benches and lamposts. At the end was even guild memberships and more mystery gifts.

There is no option to trade for a golden parrot/ gold deposit/ whatever you want to call it.

And now that I notice, there is no option to trade for any sort of mine refill.......

I can still gift these items, and someone can send me coin for a fish or something, the trading should not be impeded, that was the point

World
    Zeus
    Quote Originally Posted by witchybee View Post
    i do not see a gold deposit, or a golden parrot, or anything similar as an option in TO

perhaps i should change my eyeglass prescription

Heres what they look like in the TO... hope this helps Also if you filter your preferences they are under "buffs" or you could just type in gold in the search window

Settler
    World
    Zeus
    Open your Trade Office. Unselect everything in the Filter window except Bufs. Type "gold" in the search box & you'll see a variety of gold ore deposits, (500 units), on sale from 350 ~ 375 gold coins.

Soldier
    World
    Zeus
    Golden parrot = 500 gold deposit. They have the same image and they are essentially the same now, they were different before when the double deposit bug wasn't fixed. I don't feel the difference between them, you get 500 gold after all.

I understand the game has changed a lot and some changes are not in the player's favor. Some appear that Ubi is trying to get more money from players such as the gem reward for leveling removed. I want the gems too even though I'm not a free player, I do buy gems sometimes. Nevertheless, I actually feel Ubi is generous that they make many items in the shop available without us having to buy the gem. Many online games I play before do not do the same, everything in the shop is premium and players never obtain them by normal play but money instead. It's hard to find a balance between the game maker and the players, and not always the game will please the players. I just think that if you have gained some advantages before a change is applied, just accept if the game now does not make you happy. It may just be at someone else's favor

Noble
    computer chair atm, but always at home in my head
    World
    Zeus
    i think every1 is missing the point witchybee is trying to make in this thread. if you have a gold depo in ur star menu, yes you can post in trade to sell it. however, it is not possible to post a trade attempting to BUY a gold depo. say i want to pay 265gc for a 500 gold depo. an offer of a 500 depo is never, or rarely, seen for tht price, and i cant post my own trade asking for a gold depo, as it doesnt show up as an option on that side of the trade when posting

Soldier
    World
    Zeus
    which is a shame, because without the option to list to "buy" a gold deposit, the sellers have gone stupid. When you figure the cost of coal and buffs to get the 500 ore processed, paying 375-400gc for a parrot leaves no room for profit unless you've got a level 4 or higher gold chain. So my gold chain is currently off, collecting dust, and probably never going back on until prices come down. Which until we can start listing a price to buy, they never will.

Reply to Thread