Closed Thread
Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 LastLast

Thread: impudent player - LadyEm

Settler
    World
    Zeus
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiffany293 View Post
    ***sighs***
    No one is perfect but some should have computer etiquette like auction etiquette. This is not RL no but if this was done to you would you like the person to return you stuff? If this was RL would you hope that the person that caught your mistake be kind hearted enough to give it back? Really it boils down to what would you truely want to happen if this was you?
    I agree with you Tiffany293, that's part of what I've been saying. I know why some people behave the way they do and have a good idea why others do it...but that's not something that can be talked about here...last time I mentioned that sort of thing here (even though I very carefully worded it so as not to be a personal attack) my post got deleted...which is just as well the whole thread eventually got deleted as well

Settler
    World
    Zeus
    Quote Originally Posted by Carcator View Post
    Something that hasn't been brought up is the fact that games are just games at the end of the day. What I mean by that is when I play a game I enjoy being someone that I am not in real life. In many games I will be dishonest, cruel, steal, and do other things that I wouldn't think of doing in real life. It is one of the ways that I have fun and enjoy the games that I play. Many of the people playing this game might get some of their enjoyment by doing things and saying things that they wouldn't dream of in real life. In game morality is, in my opinion, whatever gives the player a fun and enjoyable experience for them. Real life morality should not be expected in any game in my opinion.
    You play to have fun, and that's great, but so does everyone else. Being dishonest, cruel, stealing and other things that you wouldn't think of doing in real life hurts other people and ruins their fun. Sure it's "just a game" but there are real live people behind that computer screen that get hurt.

Morality is universal or it's useless. You can't just decide I'm going to be good when I'm here, but when I'm over there I'm going to be bad. That's not how morality works. If that's the way you do it then it's not morality you are practicing but just acting like you have morals when it's convenient for you.

Recruit
    Who sets the moral standards? Morality is universal? Not really. I just don't understand the need to project my morals onto others. Nor would I judge others if they don't subscribe to my set of morals.

Now lets look at the objective side of this situation. What would BB support do? Would it set a precedent where if I 'mistakenly' set an unfavourable trade - I would get it back through support?

Settler
    World
    Zeus
    Quote Originally Posted by Falconwolf View Post
    So we don't need this kind of nonsense but you are perfectly fine with everyone taking advantage of everyone else, of everyone backstabbing everyone and stealing from everyone?

No, but I am perfectly fine with people acting like adults and taking responsibility for their actions and dealing with consequences. You make a mistake posting the wrong thing, for god sakes live with it. Don't come into the forums like a child and cry about it. You did it. No one did it to you. You caused it, it is 100% your fault. Whats with this "everyone" stuff? lol That's a classic way children try and manipulate adults into making a situation seem much worse than it is. Someone disagrees with you so therefore its ok for EVERYONE to do this to EVERYONE and EVERYONE to be abused by EVERYONE and taken advantage of by EVERYONE. Come on. Really?

Settler
    World
    Zeus
    Quote Originally Posted by Kvasir View Post
    No, but I am perfectly fine with people acting like adults and taking responsibility for their actions and dealing with consequences. You make a mistake posting the wrong thing, for god sakes live with it. Don't come into the forums like a child and cry about it. You did it. No one did it to you. You caused it, it is 100% your fault. Whats with this "everyone" stuff? lol That's a classic way children try and manipulate adults into making a situation seem much worse than it is. Someone disagrees with you so therefore its ok for EVERYONE to do this to EVERYONE and EVERYONE to be abused by EVERYONE and taken advantage of by EVERYONE. Come on. Really?
    And what about acting like adults and taking responsibility for their actions and dealing with the consequences of cheating someone out of their stuff due to a simple mistake?

Cheating someone out of their stuff is still an immoral act and those of you supporting this act need to deal with the consequences of your actions.

Oh and Kvasir, I am not the person that posted the trade, maybe you should read the first post, and stop telling me what i did wrong.

Settler
    World
    Zeus
    Quote Originally Posted by Grass View Post
    Who sets the moral standards? Morality is universal? Not really. I just don't understand the need to project my morals onto others. Nor would I judge others if they don't subscribe to my set of morals.

Now lets look at the objective side of this situation. What would BB support do? Would it set a precedent where if I 'mistakenly' set an unfavourable trade - I would get it back through support?
    Society sets the moral standards, and in our society it is immoral to take advantage of someone like this...in the real world there are laws to protect against this sort of thing and in this game there are moral standards, the same moral standards as out in the real world, because after all you are playing with real people.

World
    Zeus
    I think the more important question here is this: Can someone tell me the bank you use that has doubled your check that many times? I really need to switch banks and take advantage of those perks.

That being said the following is true:

You took the situation and brought it to the public forum for everyone to judge against a trade.
    You went to BB and they said to file a report- you did not and chose to take it here.
    Your message when it says "sorry if you get banned" can only be conceived as a threat, however vague.

I would have returned the trade, had you asked nicely and just let me know whats going on... but once you posted it here... I would let it rot before I returned it. You have taken someones enjoyment in the game and made her a target. I know how much that must have suck to post that on there, this game is played sometimes with real money, and more importantly actual time out of our lives... I would have been upset also... but not enough to blast someone on a world MB

Settler
    World
    Zeus
    Quote Originally Posted by brockb86 View Post
    I think the more important question here is this: Can someone tell me the bank you use that has doubled your check that many times? I really need to switch banks and take advantage of those perks.

That being said the following is true:

You took the situation and brought it to the public forum for everyone to judge against a trade.
    You went to BB and they said to file a report- you did not and chose to take it here.
    Your message when it says "sorry if you get banned" can only be conceived as a threat, however vague.

I would have returned the trade, had you asked nicely and just let me know whats going on... but once you posted it here... I would let it rot before I returned it. You have taken someones enjoyment in the game and made her a target. I know how much that must have suck to post that on there, this game is played sometimes with real money, and more importantly actual time out of our lives... I would have been upset also... but not enough to blast someone on a world MB
    Who are you talking to? The person who first posted here, who made the trade? Or the person who mentioned the bank error? Or someone else?

Banned
    World
    Zeus
    Zzzz

Recruit
    World
    Zeus
    Game is back up...

Closed Thread