Closed Thread
Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Thread: impudent player - LadyEm

Settler
    World
    Zeus
    Quote Originally Posted by Falconwolf View Post
    It is a truly sad and sorry view of "civilized" society when taking advantage of someone else's mistake is judged as OK but trying to correct the mistake is a no-no.

People, your moral compass is really messed up.

If someone were to make a bank transaction and by mistake sent me $50,000 into my account I do not get to keep it just because it was "their" mistake. If the bank makes a mistake and accidentally doubles my paycheck (this has happened to me a few times) I do not get to keep the extra cash and trying to do so could get me jail time. And there is no rules in the bank that says this either...but you can still go to jail for it!

So this is a game right? Does that mean that there are no more moral standards and that everyone should backstab everyone every chance they get? I know some would like that, since they do it anyway, and the more people they convince to do the same the better they feel.

For those of you with a conscience you should realize that you are hurting someone even if it's in a game, and morality has no boundaries, nowhere where it is not applicable!

Everytime I see you post i just laugh at you, speaking the same nonsense about morality. You act like you are above everyone else in this game but in reality you are nothing more then alot of talk and a joke to me. So keep acting all high and mighty trying to impress others, some might even buy into your hot air but I will continue to laugh at you along with my guild.

Settler
    World
    Zeus
    Quote Originally Posted by WTF692011 View Post
    Had to laugh about the part you dreamed up about the bank accidentally doubling your paycheck amount not once but at least a few times. I call B.S.! I doubt any banks would do that on a continued basis. I think you are blowing smoke and are trying to tell us you are something you most certainly are NOT and that would be that you are honest. If you lie you can't be honest and this has got to be one of the tallest tales I have ever heard. LMAO!!!!
    Dude, do a google search for "bank error doubles paycheck" and you will see it's not rare that this happens.

But the personal attack is against the rules here in the forums...can a mod take care of this please! This isn't the first time WTF692011 resorts to personal attacks. Instead why not try arguing the facts?

Settler
    World
    Zeus
    Quote Originally Posted by Bishop21 View Post
    Everytime I see you post i just laugh at you, speaking the same nonsense about morality. You act like you are above everyone else in this game but in reality you are nothing more then alot of talk and a joke to me. So keep acting all high and mighty trying to impress others, some might even buy into your hot air but I will continue to laugh at you along with my guild.
    You see what you want to see, others will actually see the truth and not read into what I am saying just to make themselves feel better.

Recruit
    World
    Zeus
    I think what Falconwolf said is correct - that just because this is an online transaction in an online game does not mean that ethical behaviour does not apply. We don't get to pick and choose when to act correctly. Either the conduct is ethical or it is not. At law in every common-law country, what strongME did is called is "non est factum". That means it was "not my deed". He did not intend the contract - there was a fundamental mistake. While the rules of the game allowed an instantaneous transfer of the goods, the contract was void ab initio because of that mistake and the goods should have been returned when the mistake was discovered and communicated to the other side. I can pretty much guarantee that in the so-called Real World (as if this isn't) a judge would say that the goods must be returned or damages paid. I'm saddened that ppl wd think it somehow right to take advantage of such a mistake and that some of you apparently think that morality is nonsense.

Banned
    World
    Zeus
    +1

Quote Originally Posted by Falconwolf View Post
    It is a truly sad and sorry view of "civilized" society when taking advantage of someone else's mistake is judged as OK but trying to correct the mistake is a no-no.

People, your moral compass is really messed up.

If someone were to make a bank transaction and by mistake sent me $50,000 into my account I do not get to keep it just because it was "their" mistake. If the bank makes a mistake and accidentally doubles my paycheck (this has happened to me a few times) I do not get to keep the extra cash and trying to do so could get me jail time. And there is no rules in the bank that says this either...but you can still go to jail for it!

So this is a game right? Does that mean that there are no more moral standards and that everyone should backstab everyone every chance they get? I know some would like that, since they do it anyway, and the more people they convince to do the same the better they feel.

For those of you with a conscience you should realize that you are hurting someone even if it's in a game, and morality has no boundaries, nowhere where it is not applicable!

Banned
    World
    Zeus
    I'm impressed by Falconwolf & zelwig's sense of morality.

I hope you never make any mistakes because your karma is getting worse, post after post.

Quote Originally Posted by Bishop21 View Post

Banned
    World
    Zeus
    Banks do it ALLLLL the time. I used to work in Cash Management.

Had to laugh about the part you dreamed up about the bank accidentally doubling your paycheck amount not once but at least a few times. I call B.S.! I doubt any banks would do that on a continued basis. I think you are blowing smoke and are trying to tell us you are something you most certainly are NOT and that would be that you are honest. If you lie you can't be honest and this has got to be one of the tallest tales I have ever heard. LMAO!!!!

World
    Zeus
    Quote Originally Posted by AtomicKitten View Post
    Banks do it ALLLLL the time. I used to work in Cash Management.
    If that is true and you know it happens ALLLLL the time because you use to work in Cash Management at such a place. It is very easy to understand why you don't work that job anymore. Good thing that bank has such honest costumers like Falcon there to return their money when they keep handing out those double payouts he keeps getting. Good grief!!! lol

Settler
    World
    Zeus
    If that is true and you know it happens ALLLLL the time because you use to work in Cash Management at such a place. It is very easy to understand why you don't work that job anymore. Good thing that bank has such honest costumers like Falcon there to return their money when they keep handing out those double payouts he keeps getting. Good grief!!! lol
    ignoring your sarcasm...yes I did return the double payout...everytime! I know that's not something you can understand, but life is full of mysteries isn't it!

Soldier
    World
    Zeus
    I find this thread highly amusing. Please...continue.

Closed Thread