Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: server crash!

World
    Ares
    Quote Originally Posted by AtomicKitten View Post
    We lost a week w/ the last roll back.
    Oh wow that is really bad, I would hope they learned a lesson there and created more save points.

Recruit
    We could lose a week? There are so many things I've done over this weekend to prep for the upcoming event. It was questionable I'd be able to complete it anyway right now but with a loss of a week I won't even have the EOTW adventure even if I was ready.
    I have four of them. I've spent money and added things. A loss of a week resets that. I could lose gems I purchased.
    For others, it means any prep they made for the event will be lost as well. There is no way this will be fair. I hope they do on-the-fly backups of their data. Its possible. The game has to keep track of everything going on in it. They could simply have it save everything to a file in two locations every hour as it saves it internally. Include date and time in the file name to prevent overwriting.
    Please tell me they have this written in!

World
    Ares
    Sadly without updated information from BB_Staff, the worst-case scenarios start creeping out, I wouldn't panic yet.

I'll stay positive and assume it just early maintenance until I have reason to believe otherwise, and then I'll go postal =)

Recruit
    I guess it'd be wrong if I pointed and laughed....but yet you could do the same to me...I didn't finish my crap either lol

Recruit
    World
    Ares
    One of the bandit camps that I'd killed re-appeared full of bandits.

But the troops that I lost when I killed it, didn't come back

World
    Zeus
    If you guys would read the upates on here you would have seen that the servers had a shut down to add the end of the world event...its not really a crash....

Recruit
    Which would have been great to know before it happened rather than afterward. The update was scheduled for 4 hours later than it occurred. BB Staff were escalating the issue because the techs jumped the gun and didn't tell anyone.

Was there a maintenance I was unaware of. The server has just crashed.
    War doesn’t determine who’s right. War determines who’s left...

Reply to Thread