Reply to Thread

Thread: Should I attempt EOW at level 31?

Recruit

Should I attempt EOW at level 31?

I'm level 31 and using a simulator to check out EOW it looks like I need a huge amount of resources to finish it. I also suspect I won't get the rewards unless I completely finish it. So I'm inclined to not even try. Can anyone convince me otherwise?

It is not obvious if it is possible for me to complete it. I don't think I have enough production capacity to replace the losses I'll take in within the 2.5 days before it expires. I'm working with a pop limit of 640.

Banned
    World
    Zeus
    YES.

And if you need a guide, whisper me in game.

Type /w AtomicKitten to reach me.

Recruit
    I'm lvl 31 too and completely agree with you. The key limits are population (bread) and weapons (mostly bronze). I maxed everything towards army production for two full days last weekend to get ready and ended up with 500+ troops when the EOTW launched. It sucked. I did no battles and nothing of interest for two days and now the guides I've seen suggest 2000R and a few hundred each of others. That's 4-6 days more boring days of nothing but army stockpiling - no building improvements, no progress on the home island, etc. Due to your population limit (mine is 800) you can only prep a quarter of your army up front anyway, the rest has to be stockpiles of people in the star menu and swords in the warehouse, and probably a few army recruiter buffs.

So while it is mathematically possible, here's what I see. After another 4 to 6 days of nothing but boring maxed out army prep, you now have a manic 2.5 days to pull off a mission where you will send, lose, rebuild and resend your entire army completely 4 times over (at least 500R each time). And that means timing exactly when you can log in to keep all the rebuild queues going at just the right times. If everything works, you finish on Dec 19 with maybe a few hours to spare before the deadline expires. Miss one day and it's all been for nothing. I'm out for a day middle of this week, so that was it for me.

Even if I could do it, it sounds like the worst week of game play ever. Boring boring boring, then crazy stupid panic, and probably fail. Up to now, this game has been the exact opposite of that. No time pressure, no rush, log in and enjoy a few hours of fun. I don't want to ruin that.

I think this adventure seems built for crossbows which we just don't have yet. Maybe sell cheap bread and swords to your guild/server mates is the best bet if you really want to help? Let them try to win something for the server.

Recruit
    After reading some of the guides on the net, it looks like I need about 800 soldiers plus a bunch of other stuff. I can make the other stuff but I'm pretty sure I can't make 800 soldiers in a reasonable amount of time at level 31. I have 120 currently, making another 680 doesn't seem possible in less than a week or so with my existing steel sword output. I'll play around with it and see if I can get swords higher.

Recruit
    World
    Zeus
    Edit* by myself, useless post.
    Last edited by Amurchen; 12-11-12 at 01:48 am. Reason: wrng information

Recruit
    World
    Zeus
    Rather tedious as well, but I suppose that was the intent.

Soldier
    World
    Zeus
    I think the EOW quest was poorly thought out. The sheer number of resources needed to complete this within the short 2 day timeframe is ridiculous. I'm thinking about stopping where I am and just letting the thing elapse.

Banned
    World
    Zeus
    If you're not going to finish it... why wait for the time to elapse? You can just click "Cancel Adventure" and boom you're free.

Quote Originally Posted by BubbaClaudius View Post
    I think the EOW quest was poorly thought out. The sheer number of resources needed to complete this within the short 2 day timeframe is ridiculous. I'm thinking about stopping where I am and just letting the thing elapse.

Recruit
    So I finally made it to level 32 and the difference of those 10 more buildings is dramatic. I went from 50 Recruits per 12 hours, to somewhere around 150 per 12 hours if fully buffed - thanks to all that more bread and bronze swords. I'd actually have a shot to create 2000 Recruits in 6 or 7 days now, possibly more and complete EOTW at least once.

Too bad I wasn't one week further along when this started. In the hours that are left, I'll only get to maybe 300 Recruits.

Reply to Thread