Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: End of the World for Zues and Ares

Recruit
    Judging by the numbers released today, looks like Zues is starting to give up a bit.

Settler
    World
    Zeus
    Well...looking at the current leader board...we have Germany and Poland taking up the first 17 spots (with 1 Russia in there)...and Zeus is ranked 18th

Guess that confirms that the older servers were garanteed to do better, which confirms this "competition" wasn't very well thought out...older servers have many more higher level players and complete many more adventures much more quickly.

So this isn't a competition...it's a free handout to germany.

Retired Community Leader Spikescopilot's Avatar
    World
    Ares
    I'm a mom to a toddler and work full-time, so it's been a long road to get to Level 31, where I started the adventure. I was within 3 camps of finishing it when my time ran out last night. *sigh* I'm going to try to spend the weekend building up troops and take another run at it next week. I don't get much play time, but I was hoping to complete the thing at least once.

Recruit
    Considering how crappy the rewards are for doing an EoW for what losses you take and how obvious that we never stood a chance to begin with, there is no real reason for us to bother doing the EoW adventure at this point. I've already done 5 EoWs but now I might as well do Dark Priests for much better loot and a lootspot to sell/share, or horseback for similar EXP and loot. both advs are easier and require far less of a time investment.

Soldier
    World
    Zeus
    yea this must have been thought up by the one who designed the first guild quests, rewards are no were near the costs. done two and I'm over it. Darn sure not worth doing ten more

Banned
    World
    Zeus
    Quote Originally Posted by Galdrath View Post
    So it is becoming painfully obvious that both of our servers never stood a chance in this event. Looking at the numbers as we get them, it might even be just a feat for Zues to make it to 100% ( a miracle of Ares can do it). Both servers just do not have enough high level players and there are too many "active" multi accounts that probably boosted our number of adventures needed. Hearing from low level people a lot in various chats, it appears that most players can barely do 1 adventure, let alone multiples to make up for the slack.

So....What is everyone going to do?
    Continue the fight and hope we can break 100%?
    Give up already since it does not matter and the troop loss for lower levels is too great?

I, myself will do a few more EOTW adventures since I have been able to get 2 via scouts so far ( no I will not spend frags or gems for this quest).

What are your thoughts?
    Fact it the German server will win. What piss me off is they tell me I've never been banned but if I dont agree I am banned! I still have no Pirate hut and got no gems (yea I buy my own) and it's all rigged. I will speak my mind... deal with it!! I am sick of this!! I spend too much money on this stupid game to deal with BBs with issues!! Check my account and see. Most of what I spend I gift do you guys want to loose players like me?? relly?

Banned
    World
    Zeus
    BB suk here...I wont kiss *** cause u got BB title!! I spend too much and u r the ones jacking up event item prices so deal with it!!

Recruit
    World
    Ares
    Admittedly, this event has started to turn me off of this game a little bit. Primarily because we're losing all our resources despite the fact that we are all working together to win, and we're getting crap outta it. The rewards for the quest its self does come close to comparing to the level of the quest--or the losses.

I think it was a great idea (like to see more of this type of thing), but I think BB needed to give more consideration to what they're doing here. And how they have been disreguarding Ares for the most part. Zues got "compensation" prizes for a rollback, zues got contests that we didn't. The other countries all have been getting MASSIVE discounts on gems leading up to and throughout this event--WE DID NOT. We are a new server, with not only Zeus overflow, but also the noobs that join, play for a day and never come back. I've deleted no less than 15 such players from my 18 page friend's list in the past month. All those people, who are never coming back are expected to complete the advent (or to otherwise contribute to it) in order that we should be able to earn the 100% completion--or it's all a waste of time.

When you are in the position that Ares players are in, you are not playing the game that the developers intended you to play when they developed this event...You don't have the resources (individually, or as a server), you don't have veteran players who know what they are doing (you have a bunch of noobs like myself who are stumbling through the event costing MORE server resources to be wasted, you have players who GOUGE other players resources at the trade level (because, after all, you're not going to complete the event so why should they care?). You have a tedious messs, that while involking players to join together, also makes players despise and attack other players because of not only the STRESS levels, but the feeling of defeat that is looming over us all. You try to discuss these issues in chat, and the other players attack and accuse you of "whining". Players, I might add that are NOT participating--YET BENEFIT from our work and losses...
    And we don't get diddly squat for it all...so, I suppose this game is turning out to be the mirror image of American life...boring and always a battleground...

You think it's a joke? Well, millions of people play games everyday, literally hundreds of companies are releasing games daily...Millions of people paying BILLIONS of dollars into the gaming industry every DAY...I think that those of us who pay, or plan to pay for a game have a right to expect that game to give us something back...not to be set up for defeat...

World
    Zeus

So much for EotW

Poor quality adventure... poorly thought out competition... low rewards, high costs in troops and resources...

Guess that about sums things up....

I'll continue doing 2-3/day only because I can and explorers keep bringing them back...
    (Unfortunately, Zeus does not seem to have enough high level players that can do so)

But as it's already been pointed out it's painfully obvious that the older the server the more likely the opportunity to complete will be...

A nice try by the Devs to do something different just some very poor planning and execution in implementing it.

• " Nothing is foolproof for a sufficiently talented fool. "

Recruit
    World
    Zeus
    Quote Originally Posted by Falconwolf View Post
    As much as I am enjoying doing eotw (and yes I am enjoying it), and as much as I am going to continue churning them out as fast as I can... I think it's fair to say that the older servers with a lot more lvl 50's (the european servers) were always going to win this, Zeus never stood a chance, and I think that BB messed up in the way they set up this competition. I mean it doesn't take much to realize that the older servers have a lot more higher level players capable of running through many more eotw's on a daily basis.

So this competition was never a fair competition, but like I said, I'm enjoying eotw for now and will continue doing them as much as I can...and hopefully we can at least reach 100%
    Excellent point. Percentages should have incorporated a level weighting factor.

Reply to Thread