Reply to Thread

Thread: Miracle

Recruit

Miracle

before and after battle
    Attached Images

Recruit
    Well, here's the lesson from that. The higher level troops like Thug and Soldier have the SAME attack strength as the lowest level. Higher level troops simply have more defense hp. But since ALL your attacks go then ALL their attacks go, you can do a lot more damage than you think with just Recruits.

This is why so many adventure guides and build strategies focus on bread and bronze swords. Recruits are so fast to train/replace and work well in masses.

Banned
    World
    Zeus
    his recruits only took damage from the dogs, and killed the thugs before the got their chance to have their way with him, and he killed the dogs too, not bad, but not a miracle

Settlers Guide
    World
    Zeus
    Quote Originally Posted by AtomicSoldier View Post
    his recruits only took damage from the dogs, and killed the thugs before the got their chance to have their way with him, and he killed the dogs too, not bad, but not a miracle
    Not quite. He lost at most 5-6 recruits from the Guard Dogs. But since he sufficiently out numbered the thugs he was able to to kill them all with only taking one round of damage from the thugs, and two rounds from a few dogs.

Banned
    World
    Zeus
    see thats why i use guides, and dont make them

World
    Zeus
    Quote Originally Posted by Lesson View Post
    Not quite. He lost at most 5-6 recruits from the Guard Dogs. But since he sufficiently out numbered the thugs he was able to to kill them all with only taking one round of damage from the thugs, and two rounds from a few dogs.
    I give up, way way way way too complicated for me.

Banned
    World
    Zeus
    @vernis

higher lvl troops hit 40 with increasing accuracy, elits hav 90% accuracy. it takes 2 militia to kill a thug. it will only take 3 if 2 miss in a row, which is not very likely
    recruits hit 30 with 70% accuracy. so it takes 2 to kill a thug, but if one one em misses it will be 3 and it happens 70% of time

taking damage : it takes 1 thug to kill recruit , unless he misses, it takes 2 thugs to kill militia or 3 if 2 miss in row and its likely cause bandits hav lower accuracy

using m an s as fodder is like drivin premium gasoline, nice , but not required if u hav vet

not sure what u mean by miracle here, dogs kill 5 recs, 27-28 recs left, they kill 10 thugs and a 5 dogs, 10 thugs kil 6 recs, 10 dogs kill 3 recs, rofl , i don even need a sim for this

Recruit
    Quote Originally Posted by barenski View Post
    @vernis

higher lvl troops hit 40 with increasing accuracy, elits hav 90% accuracy. it takes 2 militia to kill a thug. it will only take 3 if 2 miss in a row, which is not very likely
    recruits hit 30 with 70% accuracy. so it takes 2 to kill a thug, but if one one em misses it will be 3 and it happens 70% of time

taking damage : it takes 1 thug to kill recruit , unless he misses, it takes 2 thugs to kill militia or 3 if 2 miss in row and its likely cause bandits hav lower accuracy

using m an s as fodder is like drivin premium gasoline, nice , but not required if u hav vet

not sure what u mean by miracle here, dogs kill 5 recs, 27-28 recs left, they kill 10 thugs and a 5 dogs, 10 thugs kil 6 recs, 10 dogs kill 3 recs, rofl , i don even need a sim for this
    Yes I did over simplify things. But my point was, higher level "melee" troops really don't do tons more damage in this game, they just are a much better "wall" to absorb damage. This is VERY unusual compared to a lot of RPGs where higher level "melee" fighters not only are good defenders, but also deal out 2 and 3 times more damage. So if you were going by "gut" based on most RPG games, you'd expect to need much higher level fighters to even have a chance.

In this case, Thugs and Roughnecks absorb a lot, but don't deal out tons of damage so you can actually survive quite a few rounds of back and forth just with Recruits.

So Recruits are an effective component of almost any battle. In most RPG games, you stop using lower level fighters completely once you move on to advanced enemies. Not so in this game.

World
    Ares
    I give up, way way way way too complicated for me.
    LOLOLOLOLOL Sanii haha i use ur guide all the time !!!

Recruit
    World
    Zeus
    woa, just woa

Reply to Thread