Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Mines

Recruit

Mines

I haven't quite found the answer I was looking for searching the post.

Building a mine takes up a building licence. Upgrading the mine takes resources as well. But there is no way to replenish the mine (without using gems I believe). Demolishing an exhausted mine does not give you back the building license.

So, I'm running out of building resources just building and re-building mines. Am I missing something?

Settler
    World
    Zeus
    once a mine is either demolished or becomes exhausted you get the building license back automatically. So you just missed seeing your license come back when the mine exhausted itself.

And yes, there is a way to replenish mines without using gems, you have to either buy deposits (for whichever type of mine you want to fill) on the TO or find the deposits as rewards for completing adventures.

Recruit
    World
    Ares
    I think it is also possible that your geologist discovers a deposit at the location of a depleted mine which immediately becomes an active mine with no additional build or demolish required.

Settler
    World
    Zeus
    Quote Originally Posted by Kilru View Post
    I think it is also possible that your geologist discovers a deposit at the location of a depleted mine which immediately becomes an active mine with no additional build or demolish required.
    Not true... if the mine is exhausted, and you send out your geo, the source gets rediscovered but you still have to rebuild the mine.

World
    Zeus
    There 2 types of mines in this game.

1) The first type is they type that you simply search for they are built when you do so, the Stone and Marble mines work this way. Those types require you to build buildings to harvest the resources. The buildings take a Building License, but the mines do not.

2) The second type you search for and you find a deposit which you must then build the mine and there is no need for additional buildings to harvest from these mines. They must be rebuilt once they are depleted. These include Gold, copper, coal, and iron mines. These mines each require one building license and can be upgraded to a maximum of 5 levels.

My strategy on these is pretty simple. I build one gold and iron mine to level 5, when I get any deposits from adventures or whatever I place them on the level 5 mines, the other mines I never build above level 1 and simply rebuild them when depleted.
    I always run the gold mines and the level 5 iron mine buffed and sleep them when they are not buffed.
    This works out pretty good for me.
    I hope that is helpful.

Recruit
    World
    Ares
    I've run into the same situation, iron,coal and copper mines are fairly rapidly eating up my licenses. I've used up my gems mainly to keep the iron/coal mines going. Is this normal? Or like Diggit, am I missing something?

Recruit
    I just used a omniseed on a depleted gold mine, the buff was used, but I got no bonus ore nore did the mine come back to life. I wish I read this forum first but fyi you will lose 50 gems like me if you try to replenish a depleted mine with a omniseed. It will let you do it at a loss, so beware. I put in a ticket maybe I am the first idiot to try this. I will update.

World
    Zeus
    Greyfur, you cannot buff a depleted mine, you must first build the mine to buff.

Recruit
    Ya kinda learned that the hard way, had a gold mine there it burned up fast got the buff in the "store" used it got burned! OUCH my first 50 earned gems stolen!

Recruit
    Update, I received my 50 gems back and fairly fast from support. I did whine a little so I also bought 1700 gems for 9.99 no tax cool deal!

Reply to Thread