Closed Thread
Page 18 of 37 FirstFirst ... 8 16 17 18 19 20 28 ... LastLast

Thread: New Years Resolution Contest

Recruit
    World
    Zeus
    New Years' Eve was fast approaching, and Jethro was considering what his resolution for the coming year might be. Work harder and fight tougher weren't really measurable goals. However, during one of the army's adventures to another island, Jethro saw a shepherd with a flock of sheep. That got Jethro to thinking about all the provisions sheep could provide. He thought of wool for clothing and uniforms, but he also thought beyond that to wicks for the candles and cannons, and milk and cheese. Cheese and milk would make wonderful buffs for the island workers, maybe even lasting 10 hours or more! Jethro resolved to corner the market on dairy and wool by being the first sheep farmer in the Kingdom of MerryAyla!

Recruit
    World
    Ares
    The locals here have itchy feet... no not from fungus, the weekly health lectures took care of that weeks ago. No the people here simply love to travel, the only problem is that once they've seen a place they have no interest in visiting it again. So this year the expedition leaders have vowed to visit every adventure island available. This of course means everyone else on the island will have to increase productivity so we can level up and gain access to the more exotic locales.

Recruit
    Miriam’s New Year’s Wish
    Mirriam stood and stretched from her garden. She glanced over to her left and saw her home that housed her large family consisting of her parents, her and her husband and children, and several siblings that had not moved out yet. Her oldest sister served in a nearby noble residence. She dreamed of living there herself, as its mistress.
    She glanced to her right and saw the smithy. Her husband worked there making steel swords. They were on the verge of clearing out their homeland of bandits and John, like the other weapon makers worked toward that goal. He was the best steel smith in their sector. His secret dream was to move up into a Damascene Sword smith. The geologists and explorers seemed closer and closer to making that dream come true every day. If he could accomplish that, then she knew they would be able to afford their own residence, and maybe even expand their family. She smiled as she watched her two sons and young daughter race by.
    That’s where the future lay, the children. One day they would learn to make swords, just like their father. He daughter might be able to marry well and help her parents out as well. Her New Year’s wish, a better future for her and her family. She sighed, the tomatoes wouldn’t wait, they needed to be picked now, large and plump, she looked forward to adding them to the salad that would be part of dinner tonight. That was one thing she wouldn’t give up, she loved gardening. Her daughter stopped running and started helping her pick the tomatoes. Whatever the future might hold, this was a good day, and she would always cherish these days.

World
    Zeus
    My Lost Settlers (as I am alostcause) and I have decided to stay out of the "lost" Tavern this year and try to walk a little straighter to and from place to place. We have even discussed building a gym to get in better shape.

World
    Zeus
    The warmth from the fire filled the room as Ever was curled up on the couch after returning home from her family Christmas dinner. The meal was as delicious as every year and as she had found a lot to be grateful for in the past year, it made her wonder what this next year would bring. Most of all she had been grateful for her family and the opportunity to have this wonderful life. As for what she wanted from the New Year, she did not know.

Ever stood up and walked across the room, gazing out the window she pondered. She could promise herself anything for the coming year, but what did she want most.

She watched the orange glow of the sunset over the golden wheat fields. As though she had know the answer all along a single word slipped through her lips and filled the silence. Love. She wanted someone to share the joys of the new year with her.

Recruit
    World
    Zeus
    Hopefully, I will get a veteran in the next couple months so I will less troops and do more adventures.

Recruit
    World
    Zeus
    My goal for the year is to make my own xbows so I no longer have to buy them from fellow players. I also want to get up to lvl 50.

Recruit
    World
    Zeus
    Beginning January 2013, I will wander down to ye olde tavern and hire me up some more of them explorer fellows and see if I can find the new worlde. Me goal is to have lots and lots of them fellers exploring hither and yon seeking out treasures and adventures galore!! Me thinks 15 or 16 of them should satisfy me curiosity.

Recruit
    World
    Zeus

Thumbs up I solemnly sware to keep these resolutions (unless it's too hard)

December 31, 2012
    Dear Diary,
    The world almost ending puts me in a reflective mood. That means I been here starin' at me reflection in me silver mug. Is me life just a string of random dromedary droppings? We been dropped on this year past, clear and sure. Am I just a shuttlecock going back and forth over and over? Where did I come from? Where am I going? Where's all those who have been "blocked" this year by battles? And, ----- what about Naomi?

It's enough to make me head hurt. And so I come to me resolutions for 2013:

1) Think less - it just makes me head ache and nothin' much comes o' it.
    2) Save me energy - sure as the sun comes up, err well that's not so sure as I once thought it was, but sure as sure there'll be high water and me bailin' with a teaspoon - don't wanna be all worn out already when it comes.
    a) walk less - move me workshop closer to me storage shed
    b) get me one of those Upgrades for me workshop that travlin' sales slick is always goin' on about
    3) Plan for a rain of gigjumites - there's always sumpthin' worse around the corner - as me da' from the old country used ta say when he'd put on his shamrock cap: "Whale oil beef hooked". And there ain't no better way ta say it.
    a) add more shelves to me storage shed
    b) add even more shelves to me storage shed
    4) Figur' out if 2013 is one o' them prime numbers. I know this kinda' breaks rule 1 but now I've thought it, I can't unthink it. And it's gonna be like a gigjumite burrowing through me scalp 'til I find out. ---- Wish I'da picked me up that school when I had me chance.

Sincerely,
    Seamus O'Settler

Recruit
    World
    Zeus
    My settlers firmly resolve to finally kick those nasty little bandits of their island; but if that fails, they will force them all to bathe--they are stinky little critters.

Closed Thread