Reply to Thread

Thread: 2 new players

Recruit

2 new players

Hello, my cousin and I started playing this yesterday. We joined with hopes of some eventual pvp. However, the person in the help chat said there is none. I've searched the forums for threads about it, but I came up with nothing.

So my questions are:
    1. Is there a plan to implement a pvp raiding system?

2. How far down the road will this be?

This game seems really fun, and I don't mean to sound rude, but I don't think there is any long term viability to this game without pvp.

I was wondering if you could give me some feedback, so I'll know if I should stick around or not.

Thank you for your time.

World
    Zeus
    If you check out the developer diary found here you'll see that they do have a plan to eventually bring PvP to the game - but as far as we the players know this could be later this month, next month or even 6 months from now... since it is a "future" thing.

World
    Ares
    Hi "Rekcals", I too come from 2 big PvP mmo's for 3 years I played; came to Settlers Online, because the World Chat conversation on one of my old MMO's was all about Settlers Online peeps stuck and wanting to go back to this great wondrous game. lol
    So i sorta kept reading and becuz i' had already done a ton of War and been tired of the same ole thing... another crown another day lolol (exception I miss all my friends).

This game - 2 weeks ago announced a server v server contest, it was massive it was hard. Of course the older servers prevailed. It was fun though, everyone rallied together and tried the best we could here on Ares. Global chat was like guild chat or (alliance chat)... You won't find better people to play with then this game I found. Is one of the differences here, besides everything else is too much to list.

Sort through the forum here as well, i did and i learned so much. Give it a try is all i can say, i would if i were you... Believe me, I played big games for over 3 years, this one is tops...

If you both are looking for something unique and under development in which our input reflects the outcome and purpose, i'd get an early start here, so when another phase of pre- PvP starts you will be way ahead of the others and just like the past MMO's, bigger is better ?

Personally, I'm staying an seeing this through, then i will invite my huge following. This game is great fun, if you thought the 1st day was good, what can i say bout the rest lol.

Banned
    World
    Zeus
    dont get ur hopes up, they have been "working on pvp" for almost as long as theis game has been out.....

Noble
    World
    Zeus
    I hope that they get diminishing returns figured out when they do their PvP.

So many other games have rewards that are much too top-heavy (see: 'end of the world' reward BS) -- and it really ends any sort of competition much too quickly.

The rest of the game has a pretty good grasp on diminishing returns.

Recruit
    Out of curiousity, i must ask... since there is no pvp, what do you do when you are max level?

Noble
    World
    Zeus
    There are luxury items, like silos and watermills, that reduce your maintainance efforts. Witch towers are the highest density housing, so you can try and aquire those. Granite and exotic wood are somewhat rare, so it takes a while to aquire enough to complete all your upgrades.

Reply to Thread