Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: tear down the village school?

World
    Zeus

Unhappy tear down the village school?

this building to me is not worth the real estate on my island, personally i only have 1 of them but the math isn't that hard to do in figuring out what 3 of them would produce a day..... so i ask is it just me that finds this to be just a waste of space? honestly can get farther with a stack of bandits...

Noble
    computer chair atm, but always at home in my head
    World
    Zeus
    well since you are saying you are not sure if the school is worth the island space, lets examine how much bread a lvl3 baker produces, how many settlers that bread can get you, and how many buildings are needed to run that baker, and compare it to how many settlers the school produces in the same time frame

my lvl3 baker produces about 625 bread in 12 hrs unbuffed, so about 1100 with a 9 hour buff plus 3 hours unbuffed (i run my island on a 12 hour schedule, and im rounding slightly here on the bread production)

it takes 25 bread to make 1 settler in the provisions house. so with that 1100 bread you can make 44 settlers. however, you aren't doing so with just the baker. a baker needs 2 mills to feed it flour, and those mills need 4 farms for wheat, plus the wells needed to run the baker. a baker needs 2 wells per level, or 2 same level watermills. a watermill will count as 1.5 building spaces for our calculations here. so 6 wells, or 3 building spaces taken up by 2 watermills. so lets go with the water mills

so, 1 baker + 2 mills + 4 famrs + 2 watermills (3 building spaces) = 10 building spaces used on your island to make 44 settlers in 12 hours, while a school can make 6 settlers with 1 building spot in the same time frame.
    44/10 = 4.4 < 6

so, a school is definitely more space efficient than a lvl3 baker and its supporting buildings

if you trade for wheat and therefore have no farms, obviously the bakers are more space efficient, and you just have more work to do to make your settlers. level4 bakers are still less space efficient than a school, at lvl5 the bakers and all of their supporting buildings finally become more space efficient than a school, though only by 1 extra settler in 12hrs

Noble
    World
    Zeus
    jus do as i do, leave ur population level 100 or so under your cap when you need to train troops overnight. the schools def become worth it then

Noble
    World
    Zeus
    1 more thing before i head to bed, i suspect BB already did the math on the space efficiency of a school compared to bakers, and thus they have the # of schools any 1 player can obtain limited to 3. i got 3 with pumpkins during the event, and i cannot purchase another 1 with gems

Recruit
    I have 3 village schools, and I think it's a good idea to do so if you're a long-term player. One village school essentially saves you 300 bread per day, which is 1/4th of what an unbuffed level 3 bakery produces. However, the village school doesn't require a building license or the 2 mills and 4 farms that a bakery does. I can't imagine not having space on your island for it. I could only guess you have to decide between a noble residence and a village school, and if you'd rather have that 1 more noble residence, go for it.

Recruit
    World
    Zeus
    Who runs level 3 buildings that is worried about 1 building slots efficiency? I would imagine that it would of been smarter to run the math at level 5 buildings to counter his argument.

Noble
    World
    Zeus
    1 village school has output equivelent a maintainance-free, licence-free, provision-free lv1 bakery.

That is a lv1 bakery, 2 levels of mill, 2 levels of watermill, 4 levels of farm, and 4 levels of silo (with wheatfield).

Any buffing in that chain is maintainance, and therefore doesn't qualify as equivilent to the school.

1 buffed lv5 bakery, 1 buffed lv5 mill, 2 lv5 watermills, 4 lv5 farms, and 4 lv5 silos ( 10 2x2 spaces + 2 2x3 spaces -- 6 licenced ) - produces the same as 10 schools

World
    Zeus
    so in the end it is better to remove the school until they make them available to go to lvl5, by zbests numbers, (which i have checked and are completely true) the only thing that would make them useful is if you could have 2-3 LVL5 schools.... so yeah im removing mine until it becomes more worth it, thank you all VERY much

World
    Zeus
    Actually, the Schools are better than running the chains of production needed to make bread.
    You have to factor also the space taken up by the wheat field. Then you're also taking up production to produce the settlers from the provision.
    And buffing them is maintenance. And you need to create the buffs (and the resources that are used to make the buffs).

Overall, you're better off with the village schools. No extra license. Doesn't take up the same number of spaces or work effort to produce the settlers.

Those extra spaces you have you could be producing something else. If you're always doing buffs and maintenance work, you might as well be using the extra building license to produce something else that you can trade for bread.

Settler
    World
    Zeus
    I originally thought the school was not worth it. After reading this I tend to agree that getting settlers without maintenance is obviously better than the alternative. Next Halloween I will be getting these.

Reply to Thread