Poll: What is your top priority?

Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Top Development Priority - Players' Opinion

Settler
    World
    Zeus
    Quote Originally Posted by ZBest View Post
    The seperate island PvP bothers me a little. There's nothing to lose, and there's no way to cause harm to other players. I agree that most games have resource stealing and most games are unbalanced because of it (farming inactives and weaker players is lame). But what if you were able to cause minor havoc to other players? What if a successful PvP attack allowed you to drop a 24-hr barracks nerf that dropped output to 25%? What if a PvP attack demoralized the builders and it took the victim twice as long to build any buildings? -- rebuilding those fields, wells, and mines would seem even more painful and make those silos and watermills all that more appealing. What if every troop used in a PvP attack was consumed and repeat attacks were not possible? What if your victory could produce a 12-hr trade blockade? It's not resource stealing, but there are still ways that you could really punish other players for neglecting their defenses

That's why there are two PvP options -- one for top players to fight over king-of-the-hill rewards, and one option where you are able to cause harm to other players. They are significantly different motivations. There is no existing resource, other than gems, that is of enough interest to wage a seperate-island PvP battle over and I personally think that their current PvP direction is going to leave everybody feeling disappointed. I'm not interested in PvP designed to cater to the 1%.
    The biggest problem with "direct attack other players PVP" as you call it, is that no matter how it is set up there will always be players who grief other players for the simple reason they find it amusing to upset other people.

A 12-hr trade blockade? You keep losing to other players repeatedly (because those players who like to grief other players WILL keep attacking you, and will co-ordinate with other like-minded people) and suddenly that 12-hr trade blockade becomes permanent!

Every single other game out there that has PVP, has it set up so that you can cause harm to other players, and in every single case you have a LOT of players griefing the weak simply because they can and because they enjoy causing harm to others.

Wouldn't it be nice if we could help each other out instead of hurting each other? Why do you have to bring this "i'm the best and I will crush you into the dirt" mentality into every game?

Recruit
    World
    Zeus
    Quote Originally Posted by Falconwolf View Post
    The biggest problem with "direct attack other players PVP" as you call it, is that no matter how it is set up there will always be players who grief other players for the simple reason they find it amusing to upset other people.

A 12-hr trade blockade? You keep losing to other players repeatedly (because those players who like to grief other players WILL keep attacking you, and will co-ordinate with other like-minded people) and suddenly that 12-hr trade blockade becomes permanent!

Every single other game out there that has PVP, has it set up so that you can cause harm to other players, and in every single case you have a LOT of players griefing the weak simply because they can and because they enjoy causing harm to others.

Wouldn't it be nice if we could help each other out instead of hurting each other? Why do you have to bring this "i'm the best and I will crush you into the dirt" mentality into every game?
    this is supposed to be a war game?
    war tends to lead to "best" and "crush", as well as "losers", "whiners" and of course "allies"
    if your getting pounded, its STRONGLY suggested you get allies

Settler
    World
    Zeus
    Quote Originally Posted by Natkda View Post
    this is supposed to be a war game?
    war tends to lead to "best" and "crush", as well as "losers", "whiners" and of course "allies"
    if your getting pounded, its STRONGLY suggested you get allies
    war game does not = must kill other players at all costs

That's just your take on it, but there are many other possibilities. If you want PVP to crush other players so bad why not find one of the many other free games out there that allow it, there are a lot of them. Why must you invade this game as well?

The Dev's are introducing PVP on a separate island so that it doesn't interfere with players, this is fine, and this is the way it should be.

Recruit
    World
    Zeus
    Zbest - I've played games with both limited and unlimited PvP - gladiatus and grepolis to name two. I can't tell you how exhilarating it is to have a year or two years worth of careful work, development, time and REAL dollars wiped out overnight by another player who thinks destroying someone else is a great way to have fun. If you and other like-minded players take pleasure in hurting other folks, I would gently suggest that you try one of the more aggressive games where you can meet and perhaps defeat other folks who enjoy destroying someone else, rather than try to push the PvP agenda in here. And yes, Zallera, if pvP is not limited as described, people - myself included - will leave, taking our time, energy and dollars elsewhere.

World
    Zeus
    All i want is more levels.
    about new adventures, go run your sov's and vtvs, they are nice aventures
    (unless you meant more adventures like nords )

Recruit
    World
    Zeus
    Quote Originally Posted by Falconwolf View Post
    war game does not = must kill other players at all costs

That's just your take on it, but there are many other possibilities. If you want PVP to crush other players so bad why not find one of the many other free games out there that allow it, there are a lot of them. Why must you invade this game as well?

The Dev's are introducing PVP on a separate island so that it doesn't interfere with players, this is fine, and this is the way it should be.
    to each their own, while your playing farmville, i'll be farming you.
    as for you trying to tell me what to do or what to play, stick it in your vote.
    you should feel lucky you cant be invaded.
    not even sure why zbest put the option to vote on direct attack since meesher already informed us the dev's wouldnt allow that option.
    care to argue about a non existant option some more? lol

Settler
    World
    Zeus
    Quote Originally Posted by Natkda View Post
    to each their own, while your playing farmville, i'll be farming you.
    as for you trying to tell me what to do or what to play, stick it in your vote.
    you should feel lucky you cant be invaded.
    not even sure why zbest put the option to vote on direct attack since meesher already informed us the dev's wouldnt allow that option.
    care to argue about a non existant option some more? lol
    you brought it up

World
    Zeus
    Fix adventures such as SE to make them viable, reduce losses or increase loot.
    Give us SOMETHING useful to do with *** ore and saltpeter.
    Raise input qty of barracks & Prov house. (as Ornias stated) mass fish/meat depo's. Also lets train up to 1000 troops in a single click.
    Great men are not born, they are made. Through blood, sweat, tears, trials and tribulations. Tests through both their victories and their defeats. They are shaped through their experiences. Portrayed by their moralities and judgements, be they for better or worse. They do what others wont to achieve what others cant. It is their dedication, commitment and ultimate success of their goals that separates a man from a great man.

Recruit
    World
    Zeus
    I think you need all of those items minus the re-balancing of the economy. There is really nothing wrong with our economy and you should let free market supply and demand happen on its own without interference. It will only make the problem worse with government interference.

World
    Zeus
    I would love to see Separate island PvP, then raising lvl cap.. then maybe some new advens.

The only reason I dont like Direct attack is I have school 8 hours during weekdays.. I dont want my island gone when I get back lol :P
    Creator of the Old TSO Guide List, which is now in xMISTY's control..
    Joined Aug.8.2011

Reply to Thread