Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Gold Depos in the new Trade System

Recruit
    World
    Zeus
    I use to buy gold depo's and place them and sell them. Then they fixed the bug, and i don't care anymore about it. So your why is it immune to the 3 to 1 gc ratio, cause most people don't really care about that ratio, if you still run lvl 5 gold mines and try to run them 24/7 your going to pay the inflated price or produce something else. I rebuild lvl 1 gold mines now and it at least takes the hastle out of selling marble, tools, hwp and just makes it at a good pace.'

Edit: Most people, people who buy the gems, don't care about that ratio.

World
    Zeus
    Quote Originally Posted by Tinaras View Post
    I use to buy gold depo's and place them and sell them. Then they fixed the bug, and i don't care anymore about it. So your why is it immune to the 3 to 1 gc ratio, cause most people don't really care about that ratio, if you still run lvl 5 gold mines and try to run them 24/7 your going to pay the inflated price or produce something else. I rebuild lvl 1 gold mines now and it at least takes the hastle out of selling marble, tools, hwp and just makes it at a good pace.'

Edit: Most people, people who buy the gems, don't care about that ratio.
    Thats because theyre the ones re-selling the Gems Items, lol. I buy my own Gems and, at one point in time, sold them too. I actually stopped selling Gem Items around the time that the new Trade System was released. Why?? Because the new system is causing players to charge ridiculous prices for Gem Items, and I (being a player with a conscience) have a hard time asking comparable prices for most Items. And when I charge lower prices I just get the same 5 or 6 players buying my stuff and then re-selling them in the TO for the usual high price. Im all for helping other players out, but NOT like that. Im not in the business of making Coins for random players with my hard earned real dollars. Those players arent any better, in my opinion, than the convenience store owners that buy a 24-pack of water at Wal-Mart and then re-sell them individually for $2-3 a bottle in their own store, lol. Is there anything "illegal" about it?? No. Will I help them do it?? Absolutely not.

Quote Originally Posted by Wujcio View Post
    gold depos went up in price not because of T.O. but because BB finally fixed the double placement exploit.
    I agree with this somewhat, but even the loss of double buffing doesnt completely explain the increases we've seen. Imagine if we got the new Trade System, but still had double buffing. Do you honestly think that Parrots would be selling for 150-200 the way they used to?? No, not a chance. Why?? Because BlueByte hasnt given us, as buyers, the ability to negotiate the price at any level. By giving ONLY players that are selling Gold Depos the ability to set the price, B.B. has essentially given them a blank check, that is to be paid out of the buyers pockets. Think about what buying a new car would be like if you weren't able to negotiate with the Dealership. Or better yet, the Dealership knew you couldnt negotiate with them, and they were the only Dealership in town, lol. That is what the Dev's have done to Depo buyers in the Trade Office.

Im not saying that it would be an end to all our problems, but it would definitely bring some sensibility back to the Trade Office.

- VC

Settler
    World
    Zeus
    It would be ideal if as a buyer you could post the trades for items such as Gold deposits, we can for most other items but there are some that still need to be added or adjusted. The other annoying factor is things like adventures you can only list 1 for purchase or sale. I encourage all those who ask for prices in help channel to use the trade price sheet that Shelleyley & messyjessy have created. The prices on that sheet are fair & similar to what was used before the trade system overhaul but still the gold deposits are high because that is what the market is getting, the only way to moderate the prices is to allow buyers to list the item at the price they are willing to pay as the whole system is horrible with outrageous pricing on almost everything. I refuse to pay the prices that some players list their items & I swear they must be smoking something when they post them. I dumped the gold mines thankfully but I would still like to see the trade system fixed.

Veteran General
    World
    Zeus
    First off - its a shame deposits are 1 sided trades. It hurts the buyers.

Secondly - gems are not 3gc per. They are about 4gc per currently. Thus 300gc per deposit is standard.

If you want cheap ore - use and buff lvl 2 gold mines, then destroy and rebuild the suckers.

as for complaining about 24/7 buffs, that is why they have the sleep feature if u know u wont be there for the rebuff. If you have trouble having much uptime at all - well - maybe u should not run gold.

Settler
    World
    Zeus
    Quote Originally Posted by Draconus2004 View Post
    First off - its a shame deposits are 1 sided trades. It hurts the buyers.
    Agreed.

Secondly - gems are not 3gc per. They are about 4gc per currently. Thus 300gc per deposit is standard.
    Only for gold depos....just about every other gem item you can trade is about 3gc per...hence the 3gc=1gem....look up on TO all the gems items being traded and you will see this is true for "most"

If you want cheap ore - use and buff lvl 2 gold mines, then destroy and rebuild the suckers.
    A lot of people I know have stopped buying depos from gem sellers and are destroying and rebuilding their gold mines, which just means that eventually the gem sellers will no longer be making any money off parrots...their own fault!

as for complaining about 24/7 buffs, that is why they have the sleep feature if u know u wont be there for the rebuff. If you have trouble having much uptime at all - well - maybe u should not run gold.
    No one has complained about 24/7 buffs. No one has said you need to keep a building buffed 24/7. In my calculations I used total time a building requires to go through a 500 depot, but nowhere did I say this had to be done 24/7.

Reply to Thread