Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Desperately Needed Guild Tools

Recruit
    World
    Ares

Desperately Needed Guild Tools

Whilst I admit, there are loads of things that would make it so much easier to manage a guild--as a leader, officer and member of the guild, some things are absolutely necessary...Such as a method by which officers are able to identify who has or has not completed the daily guild quest.

If x of y guild members do not complete a daily guild quest (DGQ), then the quest is lost forever. All members who DID participate, those who DID take the time to log in while they were out to dinner, or partying, or living their lives, get NOTHING for the time and energy they've put forth to doing their part in earning the guild coins.

To add further sting to injury, when guild quests are completed, EVERYONE is rewarded! So those who want to leach free guild coins are more then welcomed to do so -- because guild leaders have NO TOOLS with which they can identify and eliminate those people from the guild rosters.

Our guild (and many other's) have lost members because we are unable to tell who is or is not completing the guild daily quests.

The most popular method that I've found being used by guild leaders to identify those who are not participating in the daily guild quests, is to make it mandatory that all guild member's "report" to their guild leader that they have completed the daily for each day. STFU has also used this method (against our better judgement and to the detriment of our guild as we have lost some very excellent guild members over this issue).

The majority of guild members who are asked to "report" their completion of their quests to the guild officers or leader are very irate about doing so.

The overall sentiment that I have gotten from my guild members is that such reporting is "infantile, invasive, tedious, and unfair"; The overall impression held by those who are asked to "report" is that the lack of ability for guild leaders to determine this information is just one more serious issue with the game."

Requesting members to "report" to officers/guild leader is leading to a generalized level of mistrust that I, as a guild owner simply don't want to deal with because I don't like treating other players as though they were lying cheaters...I don't LIKE when a game forces me to compromise my own personal values and core beliefs.

This does not make the game "more fun" for ANYONE. It gives a poor impression, not only of the guild, and it's members, but of the game and it's developers overall.

Life is not fair...ok, but this isn't life...this is a GAME (which, some of us pay to play)...which should provide the tools needed to tilt the scales in the direction of fairness--whatever that fairness may be for any given guild.

I don't mind the responsibilities of being a guild owner, but I need the right tools if I am able to give my members a pleasant, memorable gaming experience --that is after all, the best reason I could find to spend such a large amount of my game resources to start a guild.

So, I am asking that we could get guild tools that permit us to (at the VERY least) know who is, or is not completing their guild quests each day.

Please, if you agree, post your point to this thread also.

Sabbykat

Sounds like a good idea, I would also like a guild forum tab for in game forum. no one wants to have to bounce back and forth... Don't get me wrong I love coming to the forums to check in a couple times daily, but most players don't utilize it, they just want to get there groove on in the trade office and whack a few bandit camps, then call it a day. The guild I am in does utilize the community forum here for our guild group, but would love to have our own guild forum "in game" to increase communication and what not, especially for the larger guild I could see this coming in handy, not everyone is going to be online at the same time to share information and ask for help. The motd 'message of the day" function is only so good...
    Last edited by Cauldron; 01-21-13 at 08:20 pm. Reason: Requested
    War doesn’t determine who’s right. War determines who’s left...

Recruit
    World
    Ares
    Hi Cauldron,

Can you Edit your post by adding an explaination and maybe an example of what you mean? This way it's more clear for us to try to build on when making our suggestions to the developers! =)

Quote Originally Posted by SabbyKat View Post
    Hi Cauldron,

Can you Edit your post by adding an explaination and maybe an example of what you mean? This way it's more clear for us to try to build on when making our suggestions to the developers! =)
    Edited.
    War doesn’t determine who’s right. War determines who’s left...

Recruit
    World
    Ares
    Three things would be enough (I mean 'crucial') for me:
    1. an information on the last activity (for example a fading timer: green if someone has been active for an hour or so, yellow after some time of inactivity, red when someone is inactive for some time);
    2. an information on percentage of guild quest that the player completed/participated (for example if there was 20 quests completed by my guild and I completed 2 of them, it would show "10%" next to my nick).
    3. rewards only for those who participated or (less cruel) those, who at least were active at the time of the quest.

World
    Zeus
    As a long established guild, this is also a huge problem.
    Folks that don't log in for 2 days have the guild quest taken from them, yet I don't know who is affected by this. I have no way of knowing who is or isn't doing guild quests, causing strain on members that are faithfully doing them. We do roll calls on a 6 week basis, but I shouldn't have to. There should be a indication in-game that tells me who is and who is not logging in.
    Founder "Father" of The Deities (DIT) Guild
    Motto: Determination, Integrity, Teamwork
    Official Tree: The Sequoia Redwood
    Official Animal: The Ox

Recruit
    World
    Zeus
    i agree with Sabbykat....as a guild leader we have a problem with getting the guild quests done on the same day,because i have no way to find out who has done them and who has not. We can sometimes have a quest not be done for a few days and it is not fair to the ppl that have done their guild quest when they first show up...It would make it alot better for them to fix this..so as a leader we do not have to be the bad guy and treat our entire guild like they are children. thanks for your time and i hope you read this and respond to what the guild leaders are asking from you. babybell

World
    Ares
    Guild mates and I discussed this same problem. We would love to see a quick and easy light change colors as soon as a guildie completes his or her guild quest. That way there is no "policing or mistrust" and it should not cost any additional memory.
    Still around from time to time.

Noble
    World
    Zeus
    I have long suggested a way to know when a member has logged in, and time they have done so.
    this guild quest makes it more important then ever for the leaders to know who is active, the game member list is not accurate, as to last log in., found that out when I was talking to someone and looked up thier name and it said they had not logged in for a week, yet they were on right then.
    A flag by thier name, or a star when they have done the guild quest, anything would help. I have asked and for the first 3 guild quest members did mail when they finished, but now they are doing them, but not even half are letting me know who it is, not even for extra awards.

Noble
    World
    Zeus
    I wholeheartedly (spell check says thats right haha) with indicators of activity. I recently posted in the suggestions saying the same thing hoping that with several people saying the same thing it will get attention paid to the issue. Our guild is now 99/100 members strong constantly and being full we have to ensure that all members are active and working together. Officers have real lives, jobs, families, responsibilities that need time more than tracking down the inactive members in a guild. Roll calls, while somewhat effective, are a nuisance to members and still take lots of time for officers. And as far as the guild quest, its a non-issue for us. We haven't had a quest in months now. But when we did get them, we did have the problem of waiting for 1 or 2 last players to finish it. Even though other members even offered to give supplies needed. So some info for officers on who has completed and not would be tremendously helpful.
    The admin abilities of guild leaders and officers is basically a joke. Guild experience could be improved a great deal by giving those in charge of said guilds more input and control over guilds.

Reply to Thread