Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Is it just me or has granite from adventures all but ended recently?

Settler
    World
    Zeus
    I too, must add my thanks! I seem to be getting granite at a higher that usual rate the past few weeks. Cheers!

Come Join Us In [RISE]!!
    __________________________________________________ ________________________
    All you can do as an intelligent person, is to try and not to add to the sum of human misery.

Robyn Hitchcock

World
    Zeus
    It's a tarp.

Veteran General
    World
    Zeus
    I am amused all the time at how people think its the end of the world from such a small sample set. Even 10 pirates in a row with only E-logs still is going to happen quite frequently to a few people in game. Especially with advs like BK where there is a 17% chance of granite.

It truly is just randomness it goes in cycles... i get 2-3 in a row with some, i even remember a stretch of like 5 days without it... it happens!
    War doesn’t determine who’s right. War determines who’s left...

Recruit
    World
    Zeus
    There should have been upper and lower limits set on trading prices way back. But back then nobody really abused it the way they are doing now.
    There is absolutely no reason for this to be allowed.
    Team TSO definitively needs to intervene and code the trading to the correct parameters.

Buck
    UBI Beta tester since 2003
    UBI Stockholder

World
    Zeus
    Quote Originally Posted by flatbush71 View Post
    There should have been upper and lower limits set on trading prices way back. But back then nobody really abused it the way they are doing now.
    Team TSO definitively needs to intervene and code the trading to the correct parameters.

Buck
    UBI Stockholder
    I am confused. Trading prices are being abused? Aren't they set by the market? Buyers and sellers set their selling or bid price. Please explain what you mean by abuse.

Thank you.

Wimpy, Castle Empire beta tester since July 2011
    If something can go wrong, it will.

Soldier
    World
    Zeus
    Quote Originally Posted by flatbush71 View Post
    Buck
    UBI Stockholder
    The game market is not like the real world where you have import, export, subsidy issues and trade regulations that affect price of goods. The price is decided by sellers and buyers as whatever they desire. If you are talking about gem item price, I do agree that it is higher than before, but I think that is just the matter of time. As people accumulate things over time and server becomes older, there will be certainly less need for gems. That will lead to higher gem item price, and there is no way to fix it until people feel motivated to buy more gems again. I personally have not bought any gem recently even though there are quite a lot of gem promotions lately, simply because I do not have much need for gems anymore.

"Team TSO definitively needs to intervene and code the trading to the correct parameters", this cannot happen because there is never a correct price for an item.

Veteran General
    World
    Zeus
    Gem prices rise because the older a server get, the more players buy gems with gold coin rather then using $$. I am not going to support a 272 a month consumption of parrots using $$.

Older players eventually cap out the need for nobles, silos, ect, but they have new needs in drill plans and parrots (3x buffs too, but those are not worth buying with gems).

Recruit
    World
    Zeus
    I was talking about open trades on the board. Gem prices are fine, if anything too cheap.
    I just find it amusing that there is so may rules about trading and the outrages trades that are posted daily go on unabated.

Recruit
    World
    Zeus
    ok as a pure free to play player i saved up resources over a full week and used one of my 1 day premium tokens to grind island of the pirates for granite. I did 9 runs in the 24 hours given (could have done 10 but resources dried up). on 2 out of 9 runs i got granite, 1st time 900 granite and the 2nd 700 granite .... that was it, the rest was exotic logs. maybe just a little less than 50% of the time i got the adventure motherly love (got 3 or 4). once i got the 2000 iron deposit. in the 9 runs i got about 13 pumpkins once and another time i got around 35. That was it in 9 runs. got some good steel swords but was greatly disappointed in the less than 50/50 granite

Reply to Thread