Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Settlers Game Day Ad Contest!

World
    Ares

Recruit
    World
    Zeus

Cool

Buy a team of work horses like Clydesdale and work all 8 farms around 1 storage spot or just add to the brewery or friary and get the kegs into production. I know this doesn't exist in settlers but if it did I think it would be cool. But I'm sure you all are not short of creativity or new things that you want to do. I would add a diagram / pictures to go along with the slogan but I don't know how to do the http thing. I though I could just go into an art program or something to draw the idea! thank you and have a nice day

World
    Zeus
    "It's time to separate the wheat from the chaff, the men from the boys, the awkwardly feminine from the possibly Canadian." - Cotton McKnight

Settler
    World
    Ares
    Could those of us who don’t have the resources of a graphic artist, describe what we would see portrayed in an ad, in the hope a player who is artistic might actually design it? That way we could post our ideas, and receive say a ten percent cut of gems if someone uses the idea and wins a prize with it. I can certainly describe an ad. I lack the means to produce it.
    I do not want a full prize for describing an ad. The ones posted here took a lot of effort to produce, and deserve gems. But I would like to help you by at least describing what I envision in an ad, if you could allow that.
    I assume many players want to show their appreciation for your game by contributing to this effort, but are silent since like me they lack the resources to use graphics to show their appreciation.
    Thank you.

World
    Zeus

Quote Originally Posted by John-Axe View Post
    Could those of us who don’t have the resources of a graphic artist, describe what we would see portrayed in an ad, in the hope a player who is artistic might actually design it? That way we could post our ideas, and receive say a ten percent cut of gems if someone uses the idea and wins a prize with it. I can certainly describe an ad. I lack the means to produce it.
    I do not want a full prize for describing an ad. The ones posted here took a lot of effort to produce, and deserve gems. But I would like to help you by at least describing what I envision in an ad, if you could allow that.
    I assume many players want to show their appreciation for your game by contributing to this effort, but are silent since like me they lack the resources to use graphics to show their appreciation.
    Thank you.
    Hi there! It's a good question, and a good solution. If players wish to split the prize, as long as they are up front about it from the get go (aka, adding it to their submission post) we have no problem accommodating this. I would like to suggest two things, however.

1. If your main concern is the lack of a decent graphics program to make your idea a reality, I'll recommend you check out GIMP. It's free and has enough tools in it to let someone make a silly picture.

2. If you still do not want to make your own picture, I would highly recommend finding someone to privately collaborate with about your idea. Posting it in the thread may not seem like a bad way to go, but if anyone else decides to take it without saying they want to split the gems with you, we can't really do anything about it. So I'd find a friend in game or someone to have a PM conversation about the split and idea execution rather than publicly sharing it.
    BB_meesherbeans
    Community Manager
    Follow us on Twitter | Like us on Facebook | Contact support

Recruit

Recruit
    World
    Zeus
    Witches Tower! Great Fixer-upper.
    This old tower has seen better days and several massacres but with a little TLC will house a hundred settlers and add dignity and grace to you cities sky line. Serious offers only open house this Sunday.

Recruit

This is my submission.

Settler
    World
    Ares
    Thank you for your prompt reply, and for considering my suggestion.
    There is a third option - waive the right to a cut and just post it for someone to use.
    Again, the idea is to show appreciation to you for providing this game.
    So I waive the right to any share of a reward for the below, if anyone wants to try it.
    ... need to think of something worthy of posting here ...
    The ad shows a well dressed, for the medieval period, man seated at an expensive but raw-hewn large oak desk. He sports a welcoming smile. He has sketches on the wall of himself with kings and queens. He has a secretary visible at her desk, dressed in medieval fashion except her dress stops short of her knees.
    The only modern item visible on his desk are several computer monitors scattered on it.
    The title reads Ye Settlers and Bards Agency.
    The text describes how the agency, for a fee of a daily Sandwich Buff on one of its production facilities, will find generous players, befriend them, and talk them into dropping buffs on you as well.
    Thank you again for providing this game. Very enjoyable.

Closed Thread