Reply to Thread

Thread: New Guild Market items/bad economy

Noble
    World
    Zeus

New Guild Market items/bad economy

It baffles my mind where pricing comes from on so many things. We all know that the cost/benefit of so many items hasn't made much since. Whether it was old guild quest reward vs cost, or even new to some extent. (its a non-issue right now as my guild hasn't had quest in months), or the items you can get from the guild market. The new updating coming in Feb has replaced most items with newer and better items. But I was hoping to get the jolly geo personally. However, where in the world did the economy for the pricing come from? Take for example the buffs; Peiro's Bowl of Pasta and the Gold Fever. Both are 3x production with only 2 hour difference. 8 hrs for Pasta and 10 hours for Gold. The Pasta bowl cost 380 while the Gold Fever cost almost twice that at 720 guild coins. If you break that down in guild coin per hr; its 72 coins/hr for Gold Fever and only 47.5 coins/hr for the Pasta Bowl. So it is FAR cheaper to go with the bowl vs new "better" replacement item in the guild market. I hope they adjust the pricing to be more fair and make more sense before release.

Soldier
    World
    Zeus
    Someone's already mentioned that example on the test forum (You should consider posting your grievances there for test content) and the reply was:
    Quote Originally Posted by BB_SlasH
    The buff will most likely be adjusted the following way:

* Gold Fever : Rises the output of a Gold Mine x3 for 16 hours - Costs 620 Guild Coins

Noble
    World
    Zeus
    ah i see, thanks. Just went to test to check new stuff.

That is correct; Gold Fever has been upgraded to a 16 hour buff.
    BB_meesherbeans
    Community Manager
    Follow us on Twitter | Like us on Facebook | Contact support

Recruit
    World
    Zeus
    There is not a whole lot you can do about the general economy due to supply and demand however...I have to agree on this from the standpoint of being baffled. Get someone with an accounting or finance background on the team to do some basic game math and you will see there is a lot of things that make no sense at all and do not match up mathematically.

Veteran General
    World
    Zeus
    Quote Originally Posted by Everlynn View Post
    There is not a whole lot you can do about the general economy due to supply and demand however...I have to agree on this from the standpoint of being baffled. Get someone with an accounting or finance background on the team to do some basic game math and you will see there is a lot of things that make no sense at all and do not match up mathematically.
    I agree absolutely. Using data from across servers tweaks could easily be made to dramatically improve gameplay. Is it that hard to modify quantities and prices? I truely doubt it. Its sad when a player looks at a game they like playing and know they could have done a better job in balancing things.

Recruit
    World
    Zeus
    meesher said because of popular demand the jolly geologist will return in the guild shop.

Recruit
    World
    Zeus
    How was this at all relevant?
    Quote Originally Posted by masterduckie View Post
    meesher said because of popular demand the jolly geologist will return in the guild shop.

Soldier
    World
    Zeus
    because the OP said he wanted to get the Jolly Geo?
    " But I was hoping to get the jolly geo personally."

Recruit
    Anyone here care to stick to the subject? Gold fever works great for me. But I refuse to say how it can be benifical. why would the game have something in it that would not produce a better end result if used correctly. Look for my guide on ebay. LMAO!

Reply to Thread