It's that time of year again: pink hearts and chocolates are lining the shelves of stores. Valentine's Day approaches! To commemorate the holiday of love, we're bringing back our Valentine's contest again! This year, there's a slight twist to it, however. In order to make sure everyone can participate, there are two ways to enter this particular contest!

Create a Settlers-themed Valentine!
One of our favorite parts of Valentines Day as a kid was picking out the perfect Valentines to give to all your friends! This year, we want to see some really awesome Settlers-themed ones. There were quite the entries last year (as seen in the examples below) and we're curious if you guys can top them! It can be any size or style, as long as it is themed to The Settlers Online and appropriate.

You can find some various bits of art work to help you out here: The Settlers Online official fan kit for some great art, as well as grab our logo here! We also have a fantastic compilation of concept art here.
Write a Valentine's letter from one of your Settlers!
If writing is more your style, rather than creating pictures, you can enter with a sweet letter! Sometimes a Settler needs more than a Love Potion and Gift Basket to win another's heart. Set yourself in the shoes of one of your Settlers and write a wonderful love letter to their potential sweetheart, asking them to be their Valentine! As long as it's appropriate, and from the viewpoint of one of your Settlers, you can feel free to come up with whatever narrative you like.
Contest dates
  • February 7 - March 1
Prizes
  • Ten lucky Valentine Picture submissions will receive 250 Gems!
  • Ten Settlers Love Letter entries will also win 250 Gems!
Rules
  • Post your entries in this thread.
  • You must have one game account.
  • You may post more than one submission, but you can only win once.
  • Underage players must get their parent's permission first.
  • Do not use trademarked imagery from non-Ubisoft games/IPs.
  • If there are inappropriate entries, please report them via the "report post" function ().
  • Do not use profanity or other inappropriate topics.
  • Participants agree that Ubisoft/Blue Byte are allowed to announce the winners and present their submitted works. Channels that may be used to announce the winners and show their work are the websites, forums, Facebook groups and Twitter channels of The Settlers Online.

Picture examples from last year's winners:
Text example of a letter submission:
Dearest Sally the Fisherwoman,

I've been too shy in the past to gather the courage and tell you how I feel, but the Love Potion our Mayor Meesherbeans passed around has given me the confidence to finally let loose the truth. We've known each other since we were children. I'll never forget the day your parents moved in next door; it was a shabby little level 3 Residence back then, but you were so proud of living on a pond. Hard to believe that was 20 years ago...

Anyway. We've spent countless hours together in the tavern, celebrating with our friends every time I come home from a mission safely. It's tough work, being a Recruit, but someone has to do it. Defending our little island from bandits is the most important job. Defending you. I don't know if you're waiting for someone else or what, but I need you to know that every time I return victorious, deep down I'm wishing that I am returning to you. You're an amazing woman and I know a lowly Recruit can't possibly offer you everything you deserve, but I would love, honor and respect you. We could build a life together.

I'm shipping out tomorrow for another mission, but I'm hoping that when I come back, I'll be returning home to my lady. Take care of yourself, Sally.

Yours,
Bob the Recruit