Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Wild Mary Adv. Terrible XP, Terribl losses, Terrible Loot...

Recruit
    World
    Zeus

Wild Mary Adv. Terrible XP, Terribl losses, Terrible Loot...

Why is this adventure so worthless? Can the dev's rethink this adventure and perhaps modify if usefulness?

Just a thought.

Recruit
    World
    Zeus
    Btw I am not posting this to be negative but simply to help. Dev's have so much on thier plate and instead of making new adventures which takes a lot of time and resources... you can just fix good adventures like these by increasing the xp and loot. which will make the game more interesting for higher level players to try something new.

The losses are comparable to DB minus some cavs... and DB offers a chance to get a witch tower(market value 16-20k on my server) 2 sellable lootspots for 1600 each, and a massive amount of xp.

This topic is one example of what this post from an earlier thread is talking about:

http://forum.thesettlersonline.net/t...ms-bad-economy

Settlers Guide
    World
    Zeus
    The following adventues need fixed (unless they are intended to only be run once or twice to fulfill a quest, in which case you need to reduce the amount of them dropping from searchs). The simple solution is to increase the amount of loot dropped, but in the following two cases, this would be many TIMES the current drops.
    Secluded Experiments
    Sons of the Veld

Basically, I don't mind a slight economic loss for running adventures in order to get expert loots but spending _tens of thousands_ of gc worth of weapons, bread, barracks time to get _thousands_ of gc worth of loots is stupid. We can run good adventures for XP.

Frankly, I'd make Secluded Experiments have a small chance of dropping an Endless Copper Mine (or even a Recycling Manufactory, though I'm not sure even a Recycling Manufactory would be enough in that case).

Maybe SOV could drop a Deer Stalker Hut.

Those things would make people start being interested in running those adventures IMMEDIATELY.

World
    Zeus
    http://imageshack.us/a/img600/1451/sovveteranguide.png

16.5 xp per loss on sov isnt bad at all, way better than some adventures people consider better, like sftr
    in the end, the cost of running a nords is about the same as running a sov (adventure cost vs losses cost), and loot is the same as in nords, which isnt that bad for xp adventures.

about secluded, i consider that a real 3 player adventure, not profitable to sell lootspots, but its decent to split losses, its doable that way

World
    Zeus
    I would love to see some refurbishment on these adventures making them at least viable.

Why would I want to run a Wild Mary or SOTV with such huge losses when I could just run 2x RB, and make a couple of touusand coins from the lootspots plus the loot itself.
    Great men are not born, they are made. Through blood, sweat, tears, trials and tribulations. Tests through both their victories and their defeats. They are shaped through their experiences. Portrayed by their moralities and judgements, be they for better or worse. They do what others wont to achieve what others cant. It is their dedication, commitment and ultimate success of their goals that separates a man from a great man.

Veteran General
    World
    Zeus
    Very common for games to have a lot of unplayable elements as players min/max from experience.

Recruit
    World
    Zeus
    Any word on this?

World
    Zeus
    I currently have in inventory: 22 SOTV and 19 SE. I don't do them unless I have to, like for a quest. My drops seem to be mostly these two.
    If something can go wrong, it will.

Settler
    World
    Zeus
    I delete SOTV out of my star menu every time I get one. Nobody wants them and aren't even worth giving away. Its complete trash. It may be doable but its extremely rare to hear of anyone doing them.

Soldier
    World
    Zeus
    I dunno. I know of three people that run SoV regularly and seem to enjoy it.

Reply to Thread