Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Guild Quests should not be time intensive

World
    Zeus

Angry Guild Quests should not be time intensive

Guild Quests for players over level 45 need to be changed. It has come to my attention that high level guildies are often asked to run lengthy adventures for their daily guild quest, like Traitors or even Sons of the Veld. It's one thing to give someone a time intensive quest for their personal daily quest, but to require a large time investment for a guild quest is just wrong. It's making some of our higher level members want to leave the guild because they are feeling that they are the "weak link" in completing our guild quests.

Is this really what the Developers want out of guild quests? Do they really wish to create a situation that makes guild members feel pressured to leave the guild because the quest itself is completely unreasonable? Requiring anyone to run an adventure for a guild quest is inappropriate and needs to be changed ASAP.

Guild Quests should help bring guild members together, not drive them apart.

Recruit
    World
    Zeus
    I have only seen that for daily quests (which I agree is hard to put in the category of a daily task) - but I have not seen that for guild quests. I am 521 pts from lvl45 - is this what I have to look forward too?

Settler
    World
    Zeus
    agreed

World
    Zeus
    Quote Originally Posted by robk View Post
    I have only seen that for daily quests (which I agree is hard to put in the category of a daily task) - but I have not seen that for guild quests. I am 521 pts from lvl45 - is this what I have to look forward too?
    Yes, apparently running adventures for your daily guild quest begin at level 46. Other guild quests at this level are to give up your cannons and your gold. This upper tier of guild quests needs to change, and soon.

World
    Zeus
    I have had ALOT of guild quests asking me to do adventures, as well as 100gc + whatever, or the cannon ones (think you give up 25 cannons, something like that). The adventures that I have been asked to do are, traitors and island of the pirates, nothing other than that.... Oh wait maybe an outlaws but I'm not sure on that. I don't really think its all that bad. But then sitting at 50 I have time to do all of these things, as well as make the gc back in a hurry if need be.

I feel that it doesn't drive my guild apart to do adventures, as far as guild quests are concerned. In my opinion it helps to bring us together, sharing of adventures needed, sharing of materials that are needed to replenish, etc. And in all reality, which I guess depends hugely on the guild, not all members are required to do their subquest for the guild to complete the guild quest. So in all if some members chose not to do the adventure subquest, as long as you have active members, it shouldn't be an issue. Now this is all in my opinion of course, and I can only speak from my perspective, and from what I have seen in my guild

Recruit
    World
    Zeus
    Just rec'd DAILY quest to do the Sons of the Veld adventure. I am just shy of lvl 45. How about offering quests that can be done in a single day? Or even a reasonable amount of time. Grrr...

Recruit
    World
    Ares
    there is also the possibility to give the members a option to give up their own guild quest
    they won't receive any g-coins but won't be a burden to the remaining guild

Good Citizen Award Recipient Domesday's Avatar
    World
    Ares
    I will offer the opposing view. The REAL problem is players leveling up too quickly through excessive Nords completion and other short cuts - with islands that do not have strong populations and powerful economies. Any player in their 40's should be able to do any adventure in a single day. If a player can't, they should be strengthening their populations and economies...and isn't THAT the purpose of ALL game quests from the very beginning - to give us challenges that force us to become stronger.

Good Citizen Award Recipient Domesday's Avatar
    World
    Ares
    Just read my own post - it does sound pretty German doesn't it LOL

World
    Zeus
    ya
    If something can go wrong, it will.

Reply to Thread